2 Burley Men Moving Ltd.

Moving & Storage
Victoria BC V9A 3M4
Moving & Storage
2 Burley Men Moving Ltd.

Reviews for 2 Burley Men Moving Ltd.

Mlada Morris from Nanaimo
Mlada Morris from Nanaimo
2 reviews Nanaimo, BC

Moving to the mainland

I've just recently moved from Nanaimo to Port Moody. Used 2 Burley Men as they're advertising all over Vancouver Island. What a terrible experience! I've inquired about the move more than a month prior to confirm that the movers will pack some of my belongings and unpack on the other end. The movers in Nanaimo were almost two hours late from another move. I was not informed about the delay. The supervisor who came with the movers said that they do not pack dishes. Which was one of my major items to be packed. I had to pack them myself. The movers who came next morning to load the truck were quite efficient and made it to the ferry on time. However while in Port Moody, it took much longer to unload. They were in a big hurry to get back, but missed the ferry. Not only that I had to pay for two extra hours while they were waiting for the next ferry, they left without finishing the job, left with some of the furniture items but mostly with a set of my keys! I don't have the keys till today, June 9 and the move took place May 30!!! Absolutely terrible! The company is not returning my calls, they haven't returned the keys and I'll have to buy a new storage unit because of missing parts. I find their service the worst!

We apologize for taking so long to respond to your review. Sorry to hear that our crew was not up to our high standards on your move day. If you haven't already please contact our service department and we'll see what we can do.

JP in Victoria
JP in Victoria
1 review Victoria, BC

They'll break your stuff, the estimates are a joke and they'll harass and threaten you with small claims court rather than resolve the issue professionally

These guys are awful. Absolutely the worst.

They quoted a number for a one ton small load that ended up costing 40% more than the quote.

They require payment regardless of what they have damaged. If you own anything of value don't trust them not to destroy it.

Because they were slow I ended up unloading the van with the two movers they sent (I have a bad back which is why I brought them in in the first place).

The lead mover was condescending and patronizing and their office staff did not seek resolution to the damage stating that no claim for damage could be paid until such time as the bill was paid. So there is zero recourse.

They charge a deductible to you for the damage they cause.

They were careless and treated me like a deadbeat when I refused to pay until the damage issue was addressed. The damage was in excess of the amount they quoted for the entire move.

Rather than reaching a commercial agreement they have now said they will be taking me to small claims court so I will be counter-suing them for the cost of the items damaged, my costs and if I can recover it the amount of time I spent unloading the truck with them.

I will never use these guys and would never recommend them.

Sorry to hear that your moving experience was not a positive one. We try to make each of our moves a flawless one, but once in a while we do fall short of our goals.

Private User reviews Courtenay, BC

Moved from Langley to Courtenay BC

We moved from Langley, BC to Courteney, BC (Vancouver Island). We moved out of our home in Langley in August & had to have our things stored in 2 storage units until we took possession of our new home in early October. The storage units were not owned by 2 Burley Men. It was 2 Burley Men of Nanaimo, BC who moved us out of & into our homes.
Many phone calls were made to various inside sales employees of 2 Burley Men in Victoria BC expressing the fact the two trucks they were sending to move us out of our home would not be large enough to accommodate our furniture, etc. In the end they would not listen to me and sent the trucks that they wanted to send, not the ones that I wanted sent!
Just as I had predicted, they could not get everything into the trucks and ended up opening up the first truck that was fully packed and tried and tried to cram things into it. This didn't work and damage occurred as a result.
They left us standing in our driveway wondering what in the world we were going to do with the remaining large items!! We also incurred a great deal more expense because they stood around "scratching their heads" and trying to get things into the two trucks that were too small.
Our belongings were unpacked into two storage units in Nanaimo by 2 Burley Men and sat there until they returned in October to re-pack everything into the trucks once again for delivery to our new home. This time, however, I did manage to convince them to use larger trucks.
When our belongings arrived we could not believe the damage to leather ottomans, leather counter height chairs, couches, tables, glass items, mirrors, pictures...so much damage that the staff of 2 Burley Men in Courtenay took pictures and expressed their amazement at the damage. In fact, they couldn`t believe that we were handling the situation without literally exploding at somebody. We had been left in such a mess that we, two senior citizens, could not ever have handled moving heavy furniture from where it was left...which was in the middle of rooms...standing, laying...pretty much dumped into our new home. Dressers were placed with the loaded drawers facing walls for us to turn around!
As a result of the staff of 2 Burley Men in Courtenay seeing the damage & state that things were left in, were given 2 free hours of the help of 2 men to get things straightened around. This was much appreciated for sure, but did not in any way diminish the horrific situation.
We were told that we did not need extra insurance at the onset...that our items would be treated respectfully & arrive in the same condition as they had been picked up in. Well, things didn`t arrive the way that they were promised and then we entered into the repair stage.
A repair person from Victoria was tasked with the repairs. Victoria is many miles from Courtenay & she was only available on weekends to do the repairs. We waited weeks & weeks to be scheduled in. When she did come, she did a poor job at best. Many items could simply not be repaired...they needed to be replaced. Leather items were repaired quite well by another individual, but the counter height chair that is part of a matching set of two for our dining table was damaged beyond repair.
Then we entered the replacement phase of things. We were given $500 in total for everything that was damaged! 2 Burley Men went to Used Victoria or Craigslist to find what they felt were comparable items & offered us the used price. One curved glass table top with a beveled edge alone was going to cost $235 to replace because it was broken & that wasn`t the only glass table top broken...there were others!
Our story is so horrific that it sounds unbelievable...but...believe me, it is all TRUE!!
We settled for the $500 just put an end to all of the stress that had rained down upon us...a very sad thing to have to do for sure.
This is the worst move that we have ever had and we have moved many, many times in the last 40 years.

Adrian in Toronto
Adrian in Toronto
3 reviews Victoria, BC

Moving

My wife and I received great help from the 2 Burley Men; Clint and Keith on February 26th when we moved within Victoria. They were very considerate, helpful and professional throughout the process. What was outstanding about them is their ultimate desire to ease the stress that comes with moving. They were efficient thus saving time and ultimate costs associated with it. In the end, They helped us do the job In impeccable time. One thing that cannot be overlooked about this company is that one does not get charged for unnecessary thing like leaving from wherever they are to come to your place to start the moving job. By the way one must read the fine print regarding what is covered In the insurance before criticising them. It states clearly that if one packs their items in his/her boxes it will not be covered. Please do your homework...read the fine print before you criticise them.

Apologies for taking so long to respond to your review. Thanks for the kind words!

Tony in Victoria
Tony in Victoria

Would not trust them

The kids they sent didn't have any tools, I knew we were in trouble right off the bat. The one guy seemed like he had been partying all night.
They dropped a couple of our things, which my wife saw happen. When she called about the apparent insurance they provided we were told it didn't apply if they hadn't packed it themselves. A few other items were also damaged; not sure exactly how they managed that.
Very shady, even for movers. I would not recommend them to anyone.
I am surprised that they still manage to have so many trucks on the road. No surprise that they are not BBB accredited.

Shelley in Toronto
Shelley in Toronto

Long Distance Movers You’ll High Five

With most movers you either pay a crazy amount for the big van lines or risk being ripped off. With Two Burley Men you don’t need to worry about either. I went from “moving meltdown” tears (when my first mover turned dodgy and fell apart in the 11th hour on my move from Vancouver to Edmonton) to high-fiving my awesome Burley movers. I knew these guys were different from the moment Scott Burley gave me his cell number to explaining their ethics around weighing scales and no hidden costs. And you’re not going to believe this: it came in under budget!

What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

Apologies for taking so long to respond to your review. But thanks for the high five!

Aston in Victoria
Aston in Victoria

Cost Double of Quote and They don't take ownership of damages

These guys are terrible. A nightmare! They charged double their quote and are very slow and careless with your furniture. They deny all of their damages and smoke in their trucks

Sorry it's taken so long to respond to your review. We create an estimate over the phone based on the customer's description of their home and belongings. Unfortunately, some customers minimize what they have hoping to get a low quote. We still have to charge on the amount of stuff moved.

Renee from Victoria
Renee from Victoria

Move

I recently moved from Nanaimo to Victoria . Bernard . F and Jordan . H
helped me move from 2 Burley Men Moving Company . Their attitude was so pleasant . It was the smoothest move ever. I would definitely use this company again. Plus it cost less then the estimation which was a bonus!!!

Thank-you so much Bernard and Jordan !

Renee . B : )

Sorry it's taken so long to respond to your review. Thanks for the shout-out Renee!

Zev from Victoria
Zev from Victoria

mover

This is the second time I've used these guys. First time they were on time, they were very capable, and they were friendly. We moved from one town to another, and they eased the stress of such a big move.
This time around even better, they extended to us every courtesy I might expect and then some. I have every reason to recommend them to anyone looking for a mover who will get the job done right.

What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

Apologies for taking so long to respond. Thanks for the nice review Zev.

Gerry from Langley
Gerry from Langley
5 reviews Langley, BC

Moving services

We hired 2 Burley men to move us from Victoria to Langley. The movers were great and did an awesome job. However, we never did get an invoice. The movers just wrote the charges on the back of a business card. I had an audit of my taxes and needed to get a copy of the invoice for Revenue Canada. It was 9 months after the move when I called their office to get a copy of the invoice. They didn't bother to return my calls. When I finally got someone, they suggested I write an email to the "boss". I did that and again, no one got back to me. The guys doing the moving are great. The people handling the administration have very poor customer service skills.

Apologies for taking so long to respond to your review. Admin does get overwhelmed at times.

More about 2 Burley Men Moving Ltd.

2 Burley Men Moving is your go-to mover for local and long-distance moves throughout the Lower Mainland and across Western Canada.
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Fort Langley?