Fix It Right Garage Doors

Toronto ON

Frank
Frank

Complete let down

I put a request out on HomeStars on November 22, 2021 to have my old garage door opener removed and a new one installed (I already have the new system).

A rep from Fix It Right Garage Doors called me right away. The rep said they could perform the required service the next day (as needed) and I was quoted $150.00. I have this all in text messages.

This morning (November 23 - the service date), I texted back confirming the service window I was given (2-4pm). I received the confirmation. I also got a confirmation email at 1:03pm letting me know that the technician "Jacob" would be arriving at 2pm.

At 3pm, I get a call from Jacob saying he will be arriving at 7pm as he is delayed. Jacob then asked me how much I was quoted. I told him $150. Jacob was not happy with that and said he was calling "the office".

I then got a call back from Jacob a few minutes later saying that a mistake was made and the MINIMUM charge would be $250.00 and he isn't sure when he can show up. I asked him to explain the MINIMUM charge. Jacob said he has to assess the job.

I phoned the "office" back and was told the person who quoted yesterday made a mistake and was away today due to a personal situation. I needed the installation today (November 23) and was told installation would be the next day and at $250.00.

You go to HomeStars to deal with reputable businesses. Not with people who try to ambush you at the 11th hour. . Do not do business with these people. They do not keep their promises, they have rude technicians and spike their prices at the last minute. 0/10.