Aldo Structural Contracting

Toronto ON M1H 2J9
Aldo Structural Contracting

Best of the Best '22
Best of Award '22 winner 3 timesBest of the Best '22 Best of Award '22winner 3 times

Reviews for Aldo Structural Contracting

Igor
Igor

Semi in Vaughan

Once we decided to take on our first major renovation, including knocking down two load bearing walls for an open concept main floor, we were nervous. We knew we had to find someone we could trust to help execute our vision.
After days of research Alex at Aldo Structural was the first contractor we called. He came over and was very patient with us and took the time to walk us through all of the details involved in the job from beginning to end and answered all of our questions – there were A LOT. He made us feel comfortable and really showed us he knew what he was doing. We learned a lot about what we were getting ourselves into from Alex but we wanted to do our due diligence and meet with other contractors before we committed, which Alex himself recommended.
We did just that and quickly realized that Alex does structural work on a daily basis versus other folks who sort of, sometimes, ran into structural work that they outsourced to others as part of bigger jobs. These other contractors were unable to explain the details behind how they would implement & execute the project like Alex did. After meeting with a few of these we quickly called Alex back with deposit in hand!
The work commenced on the agreed upon time and proceeded as Alex laid out. Work was completed on time, there were no surprises that Alex and team were unable to overcome, and within the budget we initially agreed to. There were some nuances to our project as we are in a semi-detached with a party wall and we could not plan everything to the last detail until we started, however, Alex communicated this at the beginning and had a contingency plan for all of the possibilities.
We ended up removing the two load bearing walls, putting in 2 steel I beams (1 packed to carry additional load weighing at ~900lbs), 2x metal posts, 1 concrete pillar, and reinforcing a steel beam in the basement to carry the weight of the post above.
The framework inspection went off without a hitch. The inspector commented on how well the job was executed and the overall professionalism of the work.
I give Aldo Structural & Alex an 11/10 and would recommend him and his crew for any structural work!

thank you for your such positive feedback. it was a pleasure working with you also. Enjoy the safety and the beauty of your newrly renovated home.

Condo Renovations

Alex and his team worked diligently on the project and provided first class quality and customer service. They will walk you through the process and give regular updates as the project progresses. All the appropriate paperwork was provided without hesitation. I would hire them again on the next project and recommended his services to my friends.

Thanks for your vote of confidence. It was a pleasure working with you. Looking forward to our next project toghether.

Johnny M.
Johnny M.

Basement Support Beam Instalation/Demolition

Alex and his team came through again. This is the second major project that My wife and I hired Alex to perform. Once again we couldn't be more happier with the quality of work. We opened up our basement and and had to install 2 iron support beams. From beginning to end Alex was there. He assisted in the design and took care of dealing with the engineer as well as obtaining permits on my behalf. When it came to perform the job his team were precise, thorough and clean. Alex even made suggestions that we're in our best interest, one of them even costing him more money on material which he absorbed.

Alex and team thanks again for coming through. We will definitely be in touch for a third project with you. Thank You

Thanks John. Glad to be of assistance. I look forward to our third project!

Private User reviews Gravenhurst, ON

Cottage renovations

Our project consisted of various repairs and structural changes to our cottage. It was a long list accumulated over many years. Unfortunately all local contractors were giving us astronomical estimates with availability over 8-12 months ahead.
Then family friends recommend Alex and his crew. We had a preliminary consultation and appeared very clear his attention to detail and process oriented approach, excellent communication skills and scope of work description. Although the project was far away from their typical service area, we were very happy they accepted to take it as a work-vacation opportunity. The craftsmanship was simply spectacular. Their correctness, work ethic and dedication was very clear: they built to last a lifetime. Even all our neighbors said repeatedly that no other local contractor would have done a better job. Being a doctor myself, I expect my patients to trust my professional advice while I did the same with Aldo's recommendations. It paid off and we are looking forward to having them coming over annually to do small maintenance work, while enjoying a well deserved work-vacation at our cottage.
We were very happy with the results and definitely recommend Aldo Structural for future projects.

Thank you for the vote of confidence and trust in our services. Please enjoy good times at your beautiful cottage: I am happy we were able to contribute to that.

Dorji in Toronto
Dorji in Toronto

Wall Removal and Ceiling Replacement

It was time to renovate the old kitchen but we also wanted to open up the walls to create a modern open floor concept to the living room and add an island. I knew the walls were load bearing and could not trust just anyone working on our home, so I looked for a reputable company with expertise and experience. I researched Aldo and their competency was evident from the photos of their previous works, so I called Alex for an assessment. Alex impressed me with his knowledge and professionalism. He not only explained in detail the scope of work required but also helped me to understand other factors of the project I hadn't considered such as he state of the ceiling afterwards and electrical work required. He conceptualized the project from start to end down to the minute details with too many to lists. Alex dedicated to our project from start to finish. He handled all communications with the city to secure our permit and kept us informed throughout the entire process. He kept his attention to every details to ensure the highest quality of workmanship and the results were more than satisfying. We are thrilled to see our new main floor with a gorgeous brand new ceiling, and modern puck lights. It literally feels like a new house. Thank you very much Alex and to your amazing team. We strongly recommend Aldo Structural for any projects on your home.

It was my pleasure working with you. I am glad to hear we managed to increase the house value by imolementing a modern main floor layout.

Catalin from Oakville
Catalin from Oakville

Open concept room, new beam installation

Aldo Structural did a very good job having bearing wall removed and installed a new beam. Alex was very well explanatory telling me details of execution as well options I have. Project happened fast clean and passed the city inspection.
I'm strongly recommend Aldo Structural foy your future structural project

Catalin

It was a pleasure working with you as well and it's good to know you are safe and sound now.

Holly N in North York
Holly N in North York

Load bearing wall Removal

Alex was great to work, very professional and did a great job. There were some complexities to the job, which he worked with his engineer to figure out the most economic method to fix. He was also great at communicating with ourselves and the city.

Thanks Holly. It was interesting dealing with the municipality in times of Covid-19 realities. Glad to see you are all set now to finish the renovation safe and sound.

Robert
Robert

Structural Renovation - Removal of all interior load bearing walls.

This was a job 5 years in the making. From the moment my wife and I purchased our home, we knew that we would want to renovate our main floor to provide us with an open concept layout. The only question was... who can do the work in a safe, professional timely, cost effective manner within the parameters set by the Ontario Building Code? Enter ALDO Structural.

Alex from ALDO was a pleasure to deal with from the start! He was available to meet soon after we made contact, and was able to assess our job quickly. Working with a trusted structural engineer, Alex successfully applied for a building permit with the City of Toronto and shortly thereafter commenced work. Houses of a certain age in Toronto come with all manner of issues, Alex and team were able to analyse and address each problem as it arose in a timely fashion, walking us through all of the options available to us, and identifying all steps required to re mediate in each case. From our perspective, ALDO was able to work minor miracles, especially as related to moving around enormous steel and LVL beams in a fairly tight home, though it was clear that it was all in a day's work for the team.

In the end our project passed city inspection with flying colours, and we are set up for success in the balance of our renovation. We are thrilled with the quality of the work completed! We would happily recommend ALDO Structural to anybody looking to complete any size of structural renovation on their property. You are in solid hands with ALDO!

Thanks Robert. We did our best and wanted you , and your family, to be safe going forward.

Ashley
Ashley

Main level load bearing wall removal

Prior to embarking upon this extensive project we knew we wanted to connect with someone who was extremely knowledgeable, experienced and reliable. We had a few quotes however, as soon as we met Alex, we knew we had found someone we felt confident in.
He was very patient and took the time to explain everything to us in detail. He always expressed the importance of ensuring the work is done with codes and permits in mind, following all the proper protocols. He honoured his time-line with expertise. We could not be happier with our experience with Alex and the completed project. Would HIGHLY recommend!!

Thank you Ashely for relying on our approach, and give us the opportunity to prepare for you the structural drawings, building permit and implementation as well as 3rd party liability insurance certificate. It was a pleasure working with you as well and good luck with the rest of the project.

LES
LES

Remove load bearing wall.

Many construction projects don't go as planned, especially with some surprises hidden in a 65 year old house. Alex quickly made the necessary adjustments and he and the crew worked overtime to finish the project by the designated completion date. No complaints, no additional charges and a solid piece of work. He took the time to explain every aspect of the project and even gave some constructive advice on how to proceed with my further renovation. I am very happy with the work and highly recommend Aldo Structural. Quality work and very pleasant to deal with.

Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and it's my responsibility to make sure you'll be safe in the new structural layout.

More about Aldo Structural Contracting

Aldo Structural Contracting specializes in structural work and framing.

We install any shape LVL and/or "I" steel support beams and load-bearing structures. Whether you want an open space concept for your bungalow, basement beams and footings, removal of two-story house interior load bearing walls or exterior 20-inch stone wall, patio door opening on exterior walls or need a moment-resisting frame: we do it all.

We've successfully completed over hundred projects and our focus is to provide our clients with many benefits: cost reduction, completion on time, excellent quality, one-year warranty, WSIB coverage and free liability insurance certificate issued in conjunction to your building permit.

Our partner engineers will prepare structural drawings and obtain building permits with a very smooth and quick process: no adjustment fees for eventual changes, no miscommunication, no risk for homeowner to face a project cost increase.

Our clients value us for the very transparent and trustworthy contractual process.

Call or email us for a free estimate.