Grizzly Plumbing And Heating Inc.

Plumbing
Toronto ON M1N 3L8
Plumbing
Grizzly Plumbing And Heating Inc.

Best of 2020 winner 2 timesBest of 2020winner 2 times

Reviews for Grizzly Plumbing And Heating Inc.

Alex in Toronto
Alex in Toronto

Hydronic heating, smart thermostat

I used Grizzly before to overhaul my very old hydronic heating system, at which time they did a stellar job. This time, they did a seasonal service and installed a smart thermostat. They were able to do so with an older furnace and without a mess when threading the new wiring required.
I also had a suspected slow leak from a kitchen sink which was causing damage to the ceiling below. They diagnosed the problem and installed new piping quickly and efficiently.
They are innovative plumbing and heating specialists who are able to figure out solutions to challenging problems. They are also great at cleaning up the job site. I recommend them highly.

Amazing service!!

Grizzly is awesome! Super fast, efficient and a pleasure to deal with. We were able to get an appointment quickly and they did an amazing job. Would highly recommend!

Michael in Toronto
Michael in Toronto

Best Plumber in The Beaches

After calling around for a few plumbers, Brad at Grizzly answered my semi-urgent request to provide a quote for the complete removal of an old 3" cast iron stack and provide the rough-in of our bathroom on the second floor. Dan and his apprentice were courteous, thoughtful, and generally really friendly guys. They were able to bring my entire plumbing system up to code within a day and a half of work.

Now here's where things get interesting and the reason why I'll always call Brad at Grizzly for plumbing services...

My wife was 8 months pregnant during the install, so I was getting pretty tight on the time. Unfortunately, after reinstalling a 3" abs plastic stack vent in the furthest corner of the bathroom, I made some measurements in our very modestly size bathroom (the standard 9' x 5' of The Upper/Beaches). There was no way that I could fit a standard 5' 6" free-standing clawfoot tub in there horizontally even though I just moved the wall out another foot to make it 9' x 6' because the stack jutted out from the corner by 3.5", which would've ballooned to 4.5" with wall tile, etc.. This threw all our plans off. I was devastated. My wife, who was weeks away from giving birth to our first born and having to deal with a "temporary" shower in the basement, was not very happy to say the least.

Here's what Brad did: I emailed him and he called me back within a couple hours. He promised to come by and help to find a solution that'll work for our dream bathroom and appease my wife. A couple days later, Brad and his apprentice came by my house after hours (i.e. after working another job) to successfully re-rout the stack vent. Not only that, but it was Brad's wedding anniversary with his wife. I may have delayed Brad from coming home for dinner by a couple hours, so I hope his wife forgives me. But rest assured, we are very grateful clients.

At the end of the day, Brad gained a life-long client and I feel like I gained a friend.

Bath Room Faucet Fix

Two words: OUTSTANDING PERSEVERANCE!!!
Outstanding Service!
Outstanding Quality!
Outstanding Communication!
Outstanding Professionalism!
Outstanding People - A skilled, honest, genuinely good guy!

Two other plumbers had tried to fix the faucet in our master bedroom without success. Our realtor highly recommended Grizzly Plumbing. I called last minute and had a very small window (2 days) within which to get the work done.

Not only did Brad graciously squeeze me, he was able to diagnose the problem and fix the faucet!!! There was a tiny wood chip preventing the flow of cold water. Brad ever determined, used every tool he had including a pair of tweezers to finally remove the wood chip! HE NEVER GAVE UP! Without his perseverance, I would have been forced to purchase and replace the faucet as well as the matching faucet as it was a double vanity.

I am exceptionally grateful and would highly recommend Grizzly Plumbing!! Thank you Brad!

Rox
Rox

Fast and easy upgrade to a compact tankless water heater!

When I was looking to replace my ancient hot water tank with a more advanced system, a friend directed me to Grizzly Plumbing and Heating. Calvin and team exceeded expectations when they cleverly shifted the hot water heater and re-configured the tight space. Thank you for creating additional space for a large bathroom. Thanks also for answering all of my follow-up questions and for helping me to plan my kitchen renovation. Should I require any plumbing or gas work, I will certainly hire these reliable professionals again. It is refreshing to work with a smaller company focused on high quality results and excellent service!

Bigger job then expected

Kyle came by to a property I manage to fix what was supposed to be a simple sink leak but was in fact a much bigger job (cracked stack and major leak). What should have been a in out job turned into an entire day - but he got it done. I wasn’t able to be onsite but he called me a few times with updates and was very professional. He provided me with all the details I needed to know to be able to make the decisions to proceed. I would highly recommend Grizzly Plumbing!

Extremely professional

Calvin and his team were very professional, had excellent communication skills, and were very efficient at addressing our issues. Seems like a company the truly wants to help you out, and the money is secondary. Can't recommend more.

Thank you so much for the great review. We pride ourselves in being reasonably priced and you can be sure our end goal is to have happy and loyal customers for many years to come!

Water boiler

Grizzly has serviced and fixed our water boiler several times over the years, and helped with our stair melt and underfloor heating.
Brad is always incredibly quick to reply. Highly recommend.

We love knowing we have loyal and satisfied customers out there!
Thank you so much for the great review, it means a lot to us!

Charles Dixon in Toronto
Charles Dixon in Toronto

Drain Pipe replacement

After about 3 Drain backups and continuous drain fly infestations we decided enough was enough. We learned quite by chance of Grizzly Plumbing from an acquaintance. He spoke highly of them and their qualifications. Over the years we have had experiences with several plumbing companies and decided to ask Grizzly to give us a quote.
Covid-19 significantly stalled the process. Almost 3 months later the work began and the problem was much, much worse than expected.
Suffice to say Calvin and Andrew of Grizzly Plumbing tore up the basement floor, replaced the drainpipe, replaced the concrete flooring,
removed all the rubble, thoroughly cleaned up and all at much less than originally quoted.
Superb workmanship, there's much more to the story, but if you read to this point you will well understand why I wont ever look to any other plumbing company.

It was a goal of ours to have a pool of loyal customers, and we are thrilled to have you as one of them. You can always count on us for any heating and plumbing needs.
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, it means so much to us!
The Grizzly Team

More about Grizzly Plumbing And Heating Inc.

Here at Grizzly Plumbing and Heating we are committed to making a pleasant atmosphere for all our customers, where we can apply our training and experience to make your household dreams a reality. Our polite and courteous staff will take the time to go over your options and alternatives when it comes to achieving your Plumbing, Heating and gas needs. We are a fully licensed and insured company and take pride in completing all jobs to current plumbing, heating and gas specifications. We insure the upmost quality is provided, and warranty all our work with customer satisfaction; guaranteed. We utilize the latest in industry technology and equipment to improve your homes comfort and efficiency.

***

Often plumbing complications are unexpected and require instant attention; our twenty-four-hour emergency contact line is always available for immediate response. Grizzly Plumbing and Heating technicians will diagnose the issue and provide you with prompt repair solutions. Our up-front pricing guide is designed to provide pricing transparency to our customers with no hidden fees. Our commitment to customer service and quality assurance is what makes Grizzly Plumbing and Heating a top choice in the Greater Toronto Area.

PLUMBING:

***

At Grizzly Plumbing and Heating our priority is the comfort and safety of your home. Our skilled technicians can handle any problem big or small, from a blocked main drain causing damage and noxious odors, to a dripping kitchen faucet. We install all plumbing needs for your home from basic repairs to fully outfitting all new plumbing throughout your home. Whether it be a new or repaired bathroom shower, sink, vanity install, etc. we will ensure the work is completed efficiently and in a timely manner. Our fully stocked trucks carry a large variety of replacement parts to ensure a quick and guaranteed repair. We work well with all contractors and are knowledgeable in reading blueprints.

DRAINS:

Main Drain Issues?

***

Toronto has many older neighborhoods, it’s not uncommon to find homes over a hundred years old. Most older homes will have some original plumbing including clay main drains that handle all the homes waste water. Cracks in the clay pipe, tree root penetration, and separation due to shifting are all very common issues that may lead to a main drain blockage. At Grizzly Plumbing and Heating we know a blocked main drain can be an upsetting time for our customers as sewage coming up through a floor drain can be dangerous and hazardous to your health. Grizzly Plumbing and Heating utilizes modern technology when dealing with blocked main drains and sewers. Our top priority is to get your drain flowing again by determining the root cause of the blockage. Once the problem is identified our technician will present you with a solution and a cost.
We will clear the obstruction use a drain camera to identify damage and repairs. Exterior drain problems on the front of your property can be costly to excavate, at Grizzly Plumbing and Heating we utilize technology that will often allow us to repair your problem without exposing all the piping. We do this by utilizing a pipe lining technology. We can “line” the existing pipe with a hard epoxy material and save you the hassle and expense of excavation. Should the main drain need replacing our certified team will expose the damaged section(s) and replace the piping with CSA approved material.
Grizzly Plumbing and Heating is a City of Toronto approved installer. This means we can access permits and the financial rebates the city offers. Taking advantage of the rebates can often alleviate a large portion of the overall repair cost. All our underground pipe replacements and repairs come with a guarantee. If the problem ever re-occurs in a previously repaired section we will repair it for FREE.

Heating:

At Grizzly Plumbing and Heating we are experts in Hydronic Heating “water based heating systems”, this type of heating system uses boilers, we do not work on forced air furnaces. Being certified plumbers and gas fitters, our technicians can help navigate the many complexities of a hydronic system. Our technitians are experts with the old boiler systems that are still common in Toronto. Boiler cleanings, and combustion analysis readings are by law required annually on all atmospheric boilers. This annual maintenance is to ensure the products of combustion never enter the home and dangerous levels of carbon monoxide are not being produced by the boiler. Upgrading your heating system can be a great way to limit the dangers of an old system and to save money on your gas bills. However, improvements must be done properly to ensure appropriate heat is achieved. Adding radiators or in-floor heating to a system that wasn’t initially designed for the extra loads can be a devastating mistake to fix; if done incorrectly. Grizzly Plumbing and Heating are experts in determining the size and number of radiators required to heat a home. We install or update all hydronic in floor heating. Since every home is unique it takes an experienced team like ours to devise the appropriate boiler configuration to fit your dwellings needs, while conforming to all TSSA code requirements.

Gas:
With Hydro costs increasing more and more people are relying on the comfort and affordability of natural gas to heat their homes, prepare their food, and produce their domestic hot water. Grizzly Plumbing and Heating offers the installation of all gas piping required for indoor and outdoor appliances. Whether it is a new gas line to a barbeque, underground line to a pool heater, or just a new line to a gas stove, make sure the job is done safely and sized appropriately. After installation or repair of a gas line is completed, it is imperative the line be properly tested for leaks. In most cases this requires filling the line with an inert gas well above the normal operating pressure of the line, when done incorrectly this process can rupture the gas regulators on other appliances throughout your home. Here at Grizzly Plumbing and Heating we are committed to adhering to all natural gas codes; your safety is our priority.