Concrete Replacement Experts Inc.

Edmonton AB T5N 3M4

Concrete Contractors
Concrete Replacement Experts Inc.

Best of Award '22 winner 3 timesBest of Award '22winner 3 times

Reviews for Concrete Replacement Experts Inc.

Driveway Replacement

Wade and his crew of Ryan, Tim, Hadesh and John were impressive. They did exactly what they said they would do when they said they would do it. They were professional, polite, efficent and tidy. This team is a well-oiled machine!

We are very happy with the results of the replacement of our 30 year old driveway. The entire process took place with very little disruption.

Wade is very straightforward in quoting the job and does not cut corners to low ball his quote.

Driveway Replacement

Wade responded immediately to a request for quotation.
The work was completed 2-3 weeks later. Excellent quality,
great follow-up. Very satisfied with the workmanship and
attention to detail. Highly recommend this company for the
replacement of a driveway.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Front driveway and sidewalk replacement.

We had exceptional service from Wade and his team. Our 55 year old driveway was so cracked with plant growing through and hard to shovel un the winter. Wade went out of his way to get the job done as we had time constraints. His team was so friendly, polite, respectful and on time. I felt bad as it was such a hot week but they didn't mind just using our hose to cool down and refill their water. Our driveway looks beautiful and our widened front walkway will be much more functional. They cleaned up all the debris and swept the street. Thanks for a job well done!

Hello
I'm glad you're very happy with your experience with us and your new concrete work. I'm very fortunate to have attracted a group of guys who are equally excellent at their trade as they are at being damn nice polite young men.

Working within time restraints is something that's very common within the construction industry whether it be working with other trades, other contractors, city street works, or clients schedules... so accommodating our clients timelines is something we're happy to do and will do so willingly.

Thank-you for the review
Take Care

Nesa in Toronto
Nesa in Toronto
1 review St. Albert, AB

Driveway, Apron and path to Front steps

I am a Senior Woman with little experience in hiring Concrete Contractors. My Driveway was terribly uneven with at least a 12 inch drop from my Garage Floor and a huge crack that looked like a step from driveway to path to my front door. It was a terrible eye sore and embarrassing to have my neighbours driveways look great with mud jacking but I could not do that. I put a broom handle under the crack and there was nothing there. I knew mudjacking wasn't the answer so when I saw Concrete Replacement flyer I contacted them. Wade explained in terms I could understand the Work and Rick and crew carried it out. I now have a Driveway I am proud or. My Driveway now is up to the same level as my Garage without the drop. The crew were professional, quick and cleaned up as they went. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who needs quality concrete work done. Thank you Wade, Rick & Team.

(Dear Reader - Somehow the website messes with location and reverts to HOMESTARS head office in Toronto. This client is in St Albert)
-----

Hi Nesa
& Happy New Years.

Yes the drop from your garage to your driveway was horrendous as was the massive chasm in your sidewalk. How you lived with it for so many years is unbelievable, it's amazing nobody ever tripped on it.

I'm glad we were able to help & make your home safe & attractive again. Its definitely added appeal & value to your home and now you can park in your garage once again.

Take Care,

Willi
Willi
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Driveway and sidewalk

Prompt comprehensive quote. I am an old fussy engineer.
Rick explained what was happening as they went along. The job started somewhat late but once they started, it was completed in 4 working days.
My sidewalk was badly cracked. Removal of old concrete difficult due to the builder using loose sand as a base (required hauling out) and pouring up to 10 inches concrete with poorly placed rebar.
The fix:
The base of 5" of compacted road crush with 12" center fiberglass rebar and 5" concrete met my expectations.
The cleaned up each day and returned the
landscaping to an acceptable standard.
All on all very satisfied and I feel you get what you pay for.

Hi Willi,

I love working for old fussy engineers because they truly understand "how" we are better than most concrete companies by the way we follow the industries "best practices".

- 12" centers for rebar Vs 16", 24" and higher
- Using little plastic chairs to hold the rebar off the ground so it remains in the middle of the slab, not sinking back to the bottom where's it's useless.
- 2 x 6 forms for a 5" thick slab vs 3.5 or 4"

And many other little details.
Plus... a very friendly, polite crew.

I'm glad your happy & Thank-you for the review.

Ken
Ken

Excellent and Reliable Work

Extremely impressed with timely, reliable service. They completely all of the demolition, leveling, and pouring cement within 4 days. The quality of completed driveway is excellent . highly recommend concrete replacement

Hi Ken,

Yes we try to disturb the neighbours as little as possible by getting in and out as fast as possible without compromising on quality.

Because our entire main focus is driveway replacements my team gets very proficient ....

I'm glad you're happy.

Cheers,

Easter Seals Alberta
Easter Seals Alberta
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

Amazing partner for charity project

We feel lucky to have found the Concrete Replacement Experts for our project. Wade was very knowledgeable and responsive. He understood the unique circumstances of our property and the challenges of our driveway replacement project as a charity that supports people with disabilities and medical conditions. He worked with us to create a schedule and budget that accommodated our home and even made the incredibly generous decision to donate towards the project. His team was professional, clean and efficient and even helped when there was an unrelated emergency in our home. I can’t stress enough that the Concrete Replacement Experts truly are passionate about what they do and giving back to the community they live in.

Good Morning,

It was an incredible honor and pleasure to be nominated as the contractor of choice to tackle your huge circular driveway.

Your staff were incredibly accommodating in allowing us to jump in full force and just get it done. Thank-you for trusting my approach, to minimize the impact on your front entry, and to give that access back to you asap.

This approach worked well minimizing the amount of time your residents couldn't use the main entry, getting it back to them, and then allowing us to focus on the largest part of the project.

All in all the entire project went well without any issues.

As a surprise we did a time-lapse video of the entire project which will be available soon on our website. We made a 30 second version, a 1.5 min, a 2.5 min, and a 5 minute. I'm not sure if all versions will be uploaded but either way they're fun to watch.

Thank-you again for trusting us. It was a true pleasure to be a part of your upgrades.

Regards,

Jim and Bev
Jim and Bev
1 review Edmonton, AB

Driveway and sidewalk replacement

We just finished having our driveway and front sidewalk replaced, as we. As a new area for our garbage containers. We were very impressed with the workers, they were quick and orderly, and very professional. They cleaned as they went and the job site was very orderly. We could see right away the quality of their work, and the completed project looks amazing. I would highly recommend this company!

Jim & Bev

Concrete removal & replacement is a very dirty & heavy job that makes a pretty big mess. As we primarily work in existing residential neighbourhoods, since day one of launching this niche business, we've become acutely aware of how we impact our clients neighbours.

We're very conscientious of this fact so we try to keep things as clean as possible by containing our mess, barricading everything with real barricades not just cheap caution tape, and most importantly power sweeping the street everyday at least once or more everyday. From what I've seen we're probably the only residential driveway replacement company that has our own street sweeper. In our case, a $11,000 attachment for our Kubota that makes quick work of power sweeping the entire street in minutes.

The other way we impact neighbours less is by being extremely efficient & quick. Get in and get out as fast as possible, typically in four days. 1-2 days to demo & prep, 3rd day for pouring the new concrete, and day 4 for striping forms, back-filling, grass-seed, and clean up.

I'm glad you're happy with your experience and the final product.

Take Care,

Bruce in Grande Prairie
Bruce in Grande Prairie

Driveway Replacement

I had a few quotes to replace my driveway. Wade's quote was the highest but he was able to explain why he cost more. The final product is a really nice new driveway. His crew were fast and professional. Just wish he could bring his cost down.

I was quoted $14,663.25 tax in but had to truck away extra sand and bring in extra fill which brought my price up to just under $16K.

My neighbor had his driveway done for $10K. His job isn't as good as mine but he saved $6K. Not sure if it's worth $6K, but I'm very happy with the work done. I would certainly recommend this company.

You were fully aware of the terms of my quote and you thought it over for 9 days before calling me to say you wanted to go ahead with it.

My quote sheet is a template with all the details that I go thru line by line making tick marks or underlining with my pen as explain every item.

The possibility of extra cost is stated clearly in my quote. "If there's fluffy sand, black dirt, mud then we need to remove it" as I will not pour new concrete over a bad base. And I don't know what is under your existing concrete. We include up to 4 inches of road crush but if we need to remove an excessive amount of crud then we may need to bring in more than 4" which was the case with your driveway. .... every bit of this is documented in my quote to inform you before accepting the quote. And my foreman Rick showed you the material that needed to be removed and you acknowledged this to me.

Would you rather we pour your new concrete over a bad base?

In regards to your neighbours cheap driveway. When I first met with you, you told me they were not impressed or happy with the contractor and that you didn't want to use him. And now you want to compare my price to his poor work and the experience?

Plus I don't know the size of it, the scope of work, nor their spec.

You gave us an 8 out of 10 for a score with your only complaint being the removal of the bad base material ... a point that was disclosed in the written quote that you were aware of before accepting the quote.

Thank-you for giving me the opportunity to explain to readers more about how we quote and perform our tasks. Without pouring new concrete over a bad base as many contractors do.

Regards

Greg in Edmonton
Greg in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Seriously sunken Garage Pad replaced (with sump!)

A huge thank you to Wade, Rick, and the rest of the concrete replacement experts. Not just for our beautiful new concrete pad complete with drain sump. But also for restoring my faith that there are still people out there that do things right. Our garage pad appeared to have sunk 6 inches with cracks in all directions.. turns out there was a 32 inch cave underneath it.. My wife and I were shocked to say the least.. Their name says it all. These guys really are experts at what they do. Prompt, efficient, and professional at all steps of the job. Can't offer enough praise, these are the guys you want to hire!

Hi Greg,

BLOW MY MIND is all I can say about the crazy sink-hole you had for a garage, by far the worst I've ever seen. Builders completely suck at back- filling and compacting in layers the way they should. So homeowners like you suffer the negligence if their work.

We're super glad your garage floor didn't cave in while you were parked on it and we're also damn glad you had a great experience working with us and happy with your new attached garage floor & floor drain.

Thank-you for the review.
Wade

More about Concrete Replacement Experts Inc.

Our main focus is replacing "CONCRETE DRIVEWAYS" and "GARAGE FLOORS".

That's why our company name is CONCRETE REPLACEMENT EXPERTS. We specialize in one particular part of the concrete industry and try to keep that as our unique niche.

We will consider light industrial flat work that is similar in nature.

THINGS WE DO NOT DO

Sorry but we do not build foundations, retaining walls, do crack repair, or lift driveways we only replace them.