Maydone Appliance Repair

Reviews for Maydone Appliance Repair

Jeff Shimotakahara in Toronto
Jeff Shimotakahara in Toronto

Fan Replaced in Bosch Oven

This company responded to my home stars request for service for our kitchen oven. I provided in the request the oven model number and the error message ( oven fan). The technician came out promptly and confirmed that the fan was faulty and ordered the new part. He came back a few days later and installed a new fan. The service was very prompt, efficient and professional. I would recommend these people to my friends for appliance repair.

Review has 1 previous version

Dear Jeff,

We do appreciate your feedback and glad that you had a great experience with us.

Wish you an amazing day!

Cw
Cw

Fridge not working

My freezer and fridge stopped working and there was ice buildup. I called another place but they never returned my phone message. I wish I had called maydone Fort they picked up right away I gave my information amd the tech was onsite at my house wishing 2 hrs of placing the appointment. He changed his shoes to wear inside and wore a mask as per covid. I showed him the fridge and problem and he quickly diagnosed what the issue was I needed a new temperature controller. Within 30 min Max had finished the work. Very pleased with this service amd technician would highly recommend MayDone.

Dear Customer,

It is the greatest pleasure to get such a feedback.

We always strive for the best for you and glad that everything worked well.

Jay

Fridge diagnosis & repair and bonus help!

I never write reviews. In fact, I repair most things myself. This time, I was baffled and frankly out of my league (wife will never read this so I’m safe lol). Max came out next day (awesome), wore a mask as requested, change of shoes and was 100% professional, straightforward, honest and knows his stuff. I’m not sure how often a customer thanks him to find out the fridge repair isn’t worth it and the fridge is going to need to be replaced, but that’s the kind of service I love and recommend. Honest.

My dishwasher leaked literally last night, he looked at it and fixed it too.

I hope this helps others who like me get a little worried about repairs. This gentleman and team are straight shooters.
Thank you Max.

Dear Jay,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback as it is highly appreciated.

We wish you a wonderful day!

Dawn
Dawn

Washing machine repair

Although pricey (yikes) we were pleased with the fast and courteous service and our washing machine works after a failed service call from Fix Appliances.ca who left us high and dry. Thank you maydone for responding quickly and getting the job done, much appreciated

Dear Dawn,

Thank you very much for your review. We truly appreciate it.

Have a great day!

Kate
Kate

Oven Repair

Max installed a new bake element in my Dacor oven. He was professional and courteous and did a great job. I recommend him highly, and would definitely call Maydone again for appliance repairs.

Thank you very much Kate !

We truly appreciate your review and glad that everything worked well for you.

Have a great day!

thepix from Toronto
thepix from Toronto

Replaced Door Hinge/Rubber Seal for Ice in Refrigerator Freezer

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Maydone responded to my Homestar query for assistance with fridge freezer. Scheduled service call June 30, 2021 regarding ice forming on top freezer. I also mentioned that the lower fridge was not very cold so I had put dial setting on max cold -took 3 days to take affect. I pointed out icicles were dripping from the ceiling of freezer. I removed contents and he did an inspection. He checked rubber door seals on freezer and fridge areas and increased freezer dial to colder. He said there was too much food blocking circulation and door was not square which he adjusted. With him leaving door opened so long the ice melted. I think the visit lasted about 45 mins and bill came out to $112.99 which would be credited towards the total cost later.
The Tech called back 2 days later. I said there was still ice in the freezer. I later called Maydone regarding what to do regarding the ice issue and was told to email them a photo of the ice which they would send to the Tech. It's been over a week and Tech has not reached out to me.
The fridge is not any better prior to the service call. Have two additional fridges in the home. Both have zero frost and both are packed with food. Igor from Maydone called me (5 minutes after I submitted my review) offered to send the Tech back to my home as I already paid for the service call. He was very apologetic and tried to be helpful. I suggested wait a few weeks and monitor if this issue doesn't get worse.

*UPDATE: Hinge/rubber seal was (45 mins) replaced by Maydone July 27 ($101.70 labour on top of initial service charge) and now only 1.5 weeks later show minimal residual frost. Frost was disappearing prior to the second service call so I don’t know if replacing hinge/seal fixed the issue? So perhaps waiting 5x weeks after first service call helped?

IN CONCLUSION: Rating is not always a reliable factor of which contractor to go with. I didn’t find dealing with the Tech all that pleasant. Never smiled, complain about my review and mentioned to me and my niece several times that there was too much (3/4 full) food in freezer. My other fridges are way more packed with no frost. Discovered Drainworks on Homestars. Used their services 2x over the years. They are great and the Tech is very friendly and chatty. He even fixed toilet flushing issue unrelated to the job for free.

With the final payment (the $345 charge didn’t include labour) the cost is as follows:

Labour $214.69
Freezer door Hinge/
rubber seal $345.12
TOTAL $598.81

In conclusion if I knew the cost of replacing the hinge/rubber seal would cost $600 I would not have bothered. For that price I could live with some frost or use the $$$ towards a new fridge. Would I recommend this Contractor? No.

Dear Danny,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

As we mentioned on the first visit - you just need to monitor how the fridge is doing and give us feedback how is it going, as we have not done repair yet. We just made a diagnosis visit and made some small adjustment to see how the fridge would behave further to make better and more detail conclusion.

See you shortly on our next appointment so we can give you more detail idea after our observation.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Ice maker repair

We are very satisfied with the service done by Max. Exellent, very professional and friendly. Arrived on time Customer Service also excellent, I was able to book appointment within 24 hours. Thank you very much.

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your great review. We are glad that everything worked well for you as we always strive for the best experience of our customers.

Janice in Toronto
Janice in Toronto

Fan hood repair

The fan hood over my stove was making awful noises and not working properly. This company responded to my voice message very quickly and had a repair person at my home the next day. It was determined that we needed a new motor and parts were ordered and installed within 5 days. The repair people were very courteous and followed Covid protocols while in my home. I would 100% use this company again and would recommend their services.

Dear Janice,

David
David

Repair oven vent hood grates

I called and they promised to come the next day - that's quick! They arrived right on time and quickly repaired my oven vent hood grates. They did not charge me for another quick fix. I'd strongly recommend them.

Dear David,

More about Maydone Appliance Repair

Maydone Appliance Repair is a Professional Appliance Repair and Installation Service! Same Day Service offering a free diagnosis with repair! You can get it done fast or schedule a visit in the most suitable time for you. GET $30 off your first Repair with us!

Enjoy your valuable time with what matters the most while we are taking care of your appliances.