KCMC struggles to complete the important items, and the quality of work is below expectations
- After 1.5 years and KCMC was still uanable to obtain building permits for newly constructed bathrooms, plumbing etc. KCMC has now said they are no longer applying for the permit, we are left to try to obtain these permits ourselves.
- Does not follow electrical standards: installed new electrical work (40+ pot lights, 2 new 240v plugs, converting 2 prong plugs to 3 prong plugs, wired an undeveloped room) these were never inspected or certified by the ESA. 1.5 year after further electrical was required by another electrician, which included grounding the installed 3 prong plugs, adding the proper clips to the installed pot lights, and fixing 1 of the 2 newly installed 240v plugs
- Does not complete items to code. Newly installed bathroom exhaust exits into the storage room instead of to the outside, drywall installation in a bedroom required a change order (more $$) as they did not factor in insulation or ventilation to convert an undeveloped space to a bedroom, which was an oversight by KCMC's quote.
- Quality of work is subpar: installed chipped tiles, damaged floor planks (there were left over unopened boxes of tiles and hardwood), Vinyl planks were cupping prior to moving in, 6 inch scratch on brand new shower stalls, closet system failed due to faulty installation, poor door installations, faulty tile grouting after 2 re grouts, the floor still requires more grouting in the foyer, bathrooms, and kitchen. We provided KCMC a deficiencies list prior to moving in which each of these items were on this list.
- KCMC does not honour their warranty and would no longer fix the outstanding items, which were brought up in numerous emails and phone calls prior to the 1 year warranty mark
KCMC walked away leaving 3% of the budget to complete the remaining work.
- Approximate cost of services: