Toronto ON M1P 4Y1

Reviews for Alpha Engineering Design

jchin in Scarborough
jchin in Scarborough

New lintel for sliding patio door

We're converting a hinged door to a sliding patio door in our basement which requires a new lintel. I reached out to Abu to design the lintel and produce the drawings and submit it to the City for a permit. Abu was a pleasure to deal with and is always super quick to respond to questions or even to follow up on the status of the permit. I would absolutely retain Abu's services for future work.

Thank you for the wonderful review!!! It was great working with you and I am glad we could help out!
All the best!
Abu

Pritesh
Pritesh
1 review Pickering, ON

Engineered Drawing of Home Addition

Abu is a very knowledgeable Engineer and was a great advisor in our home addition project. He knew the bylaws and design constraints very well and advised us into options and paths forwards. We are now starting the renovation and will be working with Alpha Engineering on any adjustments required.

Thank you for the kind words.

John Bortolin
John Bortolin

Kitchen Renovation

Abu was very reliable, knowledgeable and personable. He took the time to answer all my questions and made sure I understood everything he was saying. He was responsible for getting the city permit, and did an excellent job of staying on top of them so that it was not a lengthy process. I would definitely use him in future projects and strongly recommend him to others.

Thank you for taking the time to prepare a review of our services. It's very appreciated!

Maninderpal Ghotra
Maninderpal Ghotra

Contraction Permit for

Abu provided us help throughout our project and was very professional. Great person for anyone looking to apply for a permit. Reasonable price and effective services. Abu worked very closely to complete and submit required documents.

Thank you for the kind word.

Benjamin
Benjamin

Left hanging after payment

I hired Abu from Alpha Eng. for permit drawings and at first everything went well. Once he got paid, he became less interested in solving my issues during the approval. He didn’t mention specific steps I had to do during the install, and because of this, the permit was put on hold until certain aspects were fulfilled, including a final report. Abu decided he could not write up the final report since he did not get the specific photos needed. He did not mention anything about specific photos to take during the build. I did take many photos, but he said none of them work. As a person who is not in the trades industry, I hired an engineer to assist with my project and I was left hanging.

Hi Benjamin,

We appreciate you finding us online and detailing your experience. We would like to apologize for any and all inconveniences experienced throughout your project. We did do our best to go above and beyond our usual scope in order to make sure you were satisfied with our work. However, for all work inspection requests, we always require that the City has to inspect the works prior to completion or call our office to do so. Still, if you could provide us with the requested items, we can prepare the requested report. If there is anything we can do in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach us at (647)606-0371.

Regards,

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Basement with separate entrance

I found this company very professional. Mr Abubakar has sound knowledge of his work and a thorough gentlemen. I recommend him to anyone who needs engineering design services.

Thank you very much for the time to share your experience you have with us.
It's very appreciated!
Please feel free to contact us for your future projects.

Rtro in Vaughan
Rtro in Vaughan

Drawings for walkout

Abu was very professional and helped me get permit approval, drawings were well done, Abu was reasonably priced as well.

Thank you for the nice words.

Jim in Toronto
Jim in Toronto

Design drawings for underpinning and new basement apartment and obtain building permits

I needed to get a building permit to underpin my basement and create a seperate apartment unit. Abu worked closely with me to determine my final floorplan and then drafted the drawings and applied for the building permit. Abu then worked directly with the city building department on my behalf to iron out the final details and obtained my permit. I then made some changes to my design - an extension of the basement area under the veranda- for which he drew up the designs again and submitted a revision which was pronmptly approved. The process was pretty flawless and I would highly recommend him.

Eddy
Eddy

Kitchen renovation

Looking to get drawings done for a kitchen reno where a load bearing wall was going to be knocked down. Abu was able to complete and submit all required documentation in a timely manner. All submissions and coordination with the city were handled by Alpha Engineering.
I would highly recommend Abu and Alpha!

Thank you for the kind word.

PGT
PGT
0 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Renovation Permit Preparation (forms and architecture diagram)

I needed to prepare an application for a permit to remove a load-bearing wall ASAP. I contacted Abu and he came the next day to inspect my dwelling, measured my entire house, and walked me through the process of getting a permit. He then got the permit done within half a week, letting me know of options for the load-bearing wall and complied with a number of my requests on where placement of poles should be and length of the replacement beam.

Abu communicates through text, email, and phone, which is great since sometimes I can't find the time and just want to leave a message.

Abu's payment options are flexible as well, there was a good level of trust and he didn't pressure me into payment deadlines.

Thank you for the excellent review and feedback. It was a real pleasure working with you. The Permit approval process went very smooth, and you have made some excellent decisions for the open concept in GF. It is great when you work with smart clients who know what they like and how to make it work..

More about Alpha Engineering Design

We provide engineering services to the following:
1. Structural Design for Custom Home, Addition, Renovation and Alteration
2. Structural Mark-Ups, Review and Stamp
3. Basement finishing & legalize basement and Secondary Suite (2nd Unit)
4. Basement lowering, underpinning, benching and renovations
5. Load bearing wall removal and Open Space Concept
6. Deck, Garage, Carport, Porch, Shed, Gazebo and Dormer design and drawings
7. Walkout basement stairs.

All drawings in compliance with the Ontario Building Code and Municipal Zoning by-laws