An agent called Better Cate sent Ash Repair. Poor experience.
1. Technician showed up without a mask, during 4th wave of Covid. Put on the mask at my request. Asked if he was vaccinated to which he replied that he doesn’t answer that question. So, doesn’t wear a mask, isn’t vaccinated, and doesn’t feel obligated o tell people whose homes he enters they are at risk.
2. Technician spent about 10 minutes cleaning the filters in the dishwasher., then told me his visit would cost $245. I told him $115 was the minimum price i was quoted and asked how much he changed per hour. He said charge isn’t by time but by task. Apparently the task of finding my address costs $115. Anything resembling work is extra. So, $245 before he has turned on the dishwasher.
3. After listening to the dishwasher, but not opening it up, the technician to me the machine needs a new conveyor motor. Cost $750 parts plus $400 labour. This could be scheduled for another visit as he didn’t have the part. Paid $150 , not $245 for this visit, the discount offered in expectation of the 2nd visit.
4. Called Miele, the manufacturer, who scheduled a visit for the following week. The day scheduled get a call from Ash Repair guy (a different one I think), two hours before he’s supposed to arrive, saying he won’t be coming because he doesn’t have the part. So, didn’t bother to read the work order till now and has made me organize my day around a service visit that doesn’t happen.
5. Called Miele and said I don’t want a 3rd party, especially not Ash Repair. I want a Miele repair person.
On schedule Miele technician shows up, wearing mask, spends about 45 minutes to diagnose and repair the dishwasher. Turns out only the motor casing, cost $90, not $750, needs replacing. Total cost parts and labour $350.
So Ash Repair is dishonest, indifferent and incompetent.