HandyHome

Best of 2021 winner 3 timesBest of 2021winner 3 times

Reviews for HandyHome

elsau46
elsau46

Fixing a mirror bifold door

Very good service and was able to fix the door even with the old broken
brackets.Was able to glue the mirror that was loose.
Martin did a very good job
Many thanks

Thank you very much for your business!

Basement Renovation

We hired HandyHome to finish our 2500sq ft basement and can not be happier with the result.
From the get go Yan provided a clear and competitive proposal and adjusted to our needs.
The project ran very smooth and constant communication by Irene and Yan (project managers).
The end result is a beautiful and functional space that we will enjoy for years to come

Thank you very much for your kind review. It was a pleasure working with you.

A quick solution to a tricky problem

Martin used a creative solution to re-attach a very large mirror to our bathroom wall. Good communication from the office on when to expect someone, arrival on time, work completed faster than estimated. I will definitely use them again.

Thank you very much for the kind review!

4 different small jobs. In basement and garage

The handyman did the work very quickly. I was impressed. I never saw this type of walk done so quickly.

Thank you very much for your kind review. We hope to service you again in the future.

bwod in Toronto
bwod in Toronto

Patio screen door repair

The serviceman, Danny, came a bit early, which was great. He did a very professional job, replacing the screen on our patio door. He also cleaned and lubricated the track at the bottom, so the screen door runs more smoothly. All in all a great job for a reasonable price. I highly recommend this company.

Thank you very much for your business and kind words!

Trevor P in Scarborough
Trevor P in Scarborough

Handyman work

I needed some work done within a certain time frame... In this day, and time... post pandemic, when everything is booming in the renovation world, HandyHome was still able to send out, in the short time I needed them to... a real professional ... I found Rubin to be courteous, and highly efficient at all the different tasks I needed from him.. I would definitely use them and him again!

Thank you very much for your business and kind words!

bfonit
bfonit
0 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Excellent work

The repairman came on time and completed the job in my kitchen and then, my en-suite bathroom. The work was done extremely well

Thank you very much for your kind review! It was a pleasure servicing you.

sandlurrags
sandlurrags

Repair closet doors

I was satisfied with the service of repairs to my closet doors to get them to work. The staff were very professional and would recommend this company.

Garrett Reynolds from Toronto
Garrett Reynolds from Toronto
1 review Guelph, ON

Poor Workmanship and Tried to charge for items not done

I hired handyhome as I live in toronto and I own a rental property in Guelph. They were rated at the top so I didn't want to have any issues so I decided to go with the highest rated and just get it done. The main ask was quite simple as the bedroom doors needed to be replaced and the living room had a mural painted on it from the last tenants which I needed repaired and painted before my new tenants could come in.

It was quite obvious after they were complete that whoever they had do the work was quite junior and was happy to cut every corner where possible. As you can see by the pictures the mural is completely visible as they didn't do the repair portion and only painted on top of the mural.
2 of the doors had glaring issues. 1st was put on crooked and had a huge gap and dragged across the floor. The second had the bottom of it chopped off with a free hand saw. Doing this, they also cut out the solid bottom so the bottom of the door was hollow which meant it would easy crack over time. The hinges the bought for the doors were too large, so instead of buying the correct ones, they put them in so they stuck out and they didn't even bother to take the sticker off from the store.

When I brought these issues among a few others, they said they never agreed to repair the wall which is untrue and I have in writing in an email. They also told me that they don't make hinges that small so that's all they could get??? I was dumbfounded they would first try to get rid of the problem by trying to pull a fast one and when I called them out on it they gave up and admitted they needed to fix it.

Once they fixed it, they again tried to pull another fast one and asked for the repair on their shoddy work to be paid for. I again pushed back and they gave up.

This company will keep trying to pull money from you at every corner. Do not hire them.

We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service provided. As we usually do not service your area we made the extra afford to accommodate your needed and unfortunately had to come back several times to make sure you are satisfied with our workmanship. We will contact you shortly to discuss how we can rectify the issue and make sure that you will be happy with our company. Thank you!

Drywall repair

Tomasz was friendly, knowledgeable and did a good job on two drywall cracks. However I’m not pleased by the fact that HandyHome charged me $30 for a few strokes of primer from an open can along with the hourly rate that I had initially thought was to be a flat rate. Miscommunication.

Thank you very much for your review. We will make sure to communicate better and provide you with a better outcome in the future. Thank you.

More about HandyHome

Handyman, Renovations and Home Maintenance Services. From smaller jobs to full-out reno's and project management - we've got you covered. Subscription based property maintenance plans also available to promote prevention, maintenance and longevity. Licensed & Insured, your one stop provider for any home repairs / maintenance / renovations.