Black Belt Contracting Inc

Jen H
Jen H
0 reviews Pitt Meadows, BC

2 x bathroom renovations

Two dated, tired and small bathrooms. We had lots of ideas for the design and big requests for steam shower, heated floors and toilets with bidets. We loved how Katie and Fraser were able to take our big ideas and drill down into the details and bring it all together for us. We appreciated how they showed us where we could save so that we could splurge on what mattered to us.
Our house was left clean daily and since we lived in the house during the renovation, we appreciated how easy it was to have Katie, Fraser and their team in our home every day. We recommend them and will welcome them back for our next project.

Jill
Jill

Kitchen Renovation

I would recommend Black Belt Contracting to anyone! They were friendly and kept my budget in mind at all times. They listened to my ideas and answered all my questions. The work was done quickly and efficiently. I would not hesitate to hire them again for my next project. I only wish I had found them sooner!

joypowell2
joypowell2
0 reviews Coquitlam, BC

Bathroom reno and flooring

We renovated our bathroom. Originally we were only going to do the tub and new tile surround. After the first quote we asked them for a re-quote to do everything but the vanity and counter. New tile flooring, new tub, and we also had tile on the 2 walls, that they had to rip back to the studs and redrywall.

After taking the original tub and TWO layers off tile off, I am REALLY glad we had them do it. It was such a tight fit for the new tub and they had to rebuild the small wall where the tub, shower and faucet is, due to it being build very weirdly. If we had been doing it ourselves, we would STILL be trying to figure this out.

The tiling Katherine (Katie) did is perfect. Every time I thought it should be one way, she explained why it should be done a different way (lay out)
and she was RIGHT!

In the middle of the bathroom reno, we asked them to quote ripping our carpet out of our living room and hallway and putting vinyl planking down. They gave us a written quote and managed to start it within a week.. so both projects finished together. There was issues with our floors nothing be level. And after laying the hallway I wasnt happy with the movement in one place, so they took it back up and did some aggressive sanding and out the flooring back down. They COULD have self levelled the whole project, but it would have been thousands more. They didnt really want to charge us that and felt that just self levelling the front doorway area was all that was needed, and would have the most noticeable issue.

We are still having problems with the glass shower door. The glass installer they contract out to, needed to do more caulking and get a new bottom sweep, and also the rain head we picked out is letting water drip off the person showering, through the crack in the door and permanent glass. BUT THEY ARE WORKING TO ENSURE IT IS CORRECTED. Which says a lot!

A lot of companies would walk away and say it just is what it is. But they want to ensure it is right. Little things too. When I noticed the paint in the bathroom had lifted(?) because of the new drywall and the primer Katie used (remember they had to marry old and new drywall), Katie re-sanded and painted sections 2 times.

I would recommend this company for their openness in all aspects of the project. Quotes were very clear and in writing. They never complained, about anything we asked for, and didnt push to do more, to pad the quote. They said they could work around leaving things in place for our bathroom, no questions asked. But they did tell me when things had to go. New casings around all the door, when they did the new flooring.

Very pleased with this project and company.

Private User reviews Abbotsford, BC

Kitchen Reno

Just finished my kitchen Reno Fantastic team to work with. Kept me informed at all times everyone that came was always helpful pleasant and took the time to make sure I was happy with what they were doing They went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied I would recommend Blackbelt contracting to anyone Fraser was great !!

Private User reviews Surrey, BC

Great work and Extremely Professional

Fantastic team and Katie is awesome! They were very respectful of our home, cleaned up every day and were extremely responsive anytime we had questions.

They care about the “little things” and are very passionate about the work they do. Black Belt will be the first company we call when we have another project. Would highly recommend this team!
Thank you for a job well done, we love our new ensuite bathroom!

Private User reviews Surrey, BC

Ensuite renovation and kitchen island replacement

Our experience with Fraser, Katie and the team was excellent. All deadlines were met, all trades lined up and ready to go. Overall we couldn’t be happier with the final outcome and the team’s suggestions to us meant a much better finished product. We have already contracted with them to do our powder room refurbish. Would definitely recommend this company to anyone who is looking to do a renovation.

0 reviews Vancouver, BC

1913 Character Home - Black Belt Contracting has been a life saver!

Black Belt Contracting has been a life saver! My husband and I recently purchased a 1913 character home and discovered significantly more problems than we anticipated. Fraser and his team were great at helping to accurately scope the project and handle several construction challenges including plumb and aligning walls, fixing structural issues and working around numerous schedule changes. We really appreciated their team’s positivity and having the work done right the first time, in addition to always leaving the work site safe and clean at the end of the day. Frazer was also very considerate at discussing our added scope creep to ensure we were comfortable with our budget and any additional costs in advance, including providing different options to save costs. We will definitely be using them again for numerous projects in the future. I can’t recommend them enough!!

Scope of work: drywall removal and replacement, concrete work, framing walls, tiling floors, flashing to prevent water ingress, structural support additions

Thank you for the kind words! We were excited to take on the challenges of your character home and could not be more thrilled with the outcome. The Black Belt Contracting team is excited to see what future renovations you have in store for us!

Karen in Toronto
Karen in Toronto
0 reviews Pitt Meadows, BC

Kitchen Renovation

This is the second project we have contracted Blackbelt to do on our home, the first was all of our 2.5 bathrooms. Their service is exemplary, from the sit down to walk through the detailed quote to the final cleanup of the finished job site. BB and all their subcontractors are professional, they arrive on time, do their work, and always clean up the site. Katie and Fraser are always accessible, and extremely transparent throughout the process regarding any changes in supply or price due to shipping or other covid related issues which may arise. Katie especially is a role model for women in trades. We strongly recommend Blackbelt if you want reliable, professional contractors who will complete your project on time and on budget, perform quality work to a high standard, and who are lovely to work with.

Thank you for trusting Black Belt Contracting with your kitchen renovation! We would like to thank you for the kind words and for working with us through the challenges that arise in this current climate of shipping delays and issues. I am incredibly proud of the work done on the final project and cannot wait to see what else the future holds for your home renovations.

Ensuite Bathroom Renovation

Black Belt Contracting was referred to me by a friend and I am beyond impressed with the quality of their work, their attention to the smallest detail and their professionalism. The entire Black Belt team displayed respect for my home, my time and my requests. I will not hesitate to recommend this company and look forward to my next project with them. Simply a wonderful team to work with - and I'm thrilled with my new ensuite !

Thank you for trusting Black Belt Contracting with your project! We are beyond thrilled with the final result and we cannot wait to see what future projects you have in store for us. Thank you for being so wonderful throughout the entire renovation.

Victor
Victor

Backsplash, Flooring and Reno to Powder Room

Black Belt Contracting just completed installation of our kitchen backsplash, flooring and reno to our powder room. Katie, Fraser and the entire team were absolutely awesome. The designers listened to what we wanted and provided us with a great assortment of samples and suggestions. They stuck to the time line promised (in fact they completed the job in less time). The work area was cleaned up at the end of every day. I would definitely recommend them to anyone and will call them for our next project that we may have.

Thank you for trusting Black Belt Contracting with your home renovation projects. We are thrilled with the end result! Thank you for being so accommodating & we look forward to your next project.
Black Belt Contracting

More about Black Belt Contracting Inc

Building your dreams with blackbelt precision, that's our motto at Black Belt. We keep a tight crew at Black Belt to maintain our reputation as skilled, high end builders with an eye for detail. We commit the same level of quality from the smallest project to a complete home renovation, and we've maintained that from the beginning. With our uniquely qualified crew we can tackle any project thrown our way, from interior tiles to high end hardwood decks. With the highest standards for cleanliness and quality you will not be disappointed with your finished Black Belt project, give us a call today for a free quote! For more photos of our latest projects check out our instagram @blackbeltcontracting_inc

Meet our Team!

Fraser (Director of Operations)
Clients are always excited to see Fraser’s evident knowledge and passion – a result of his range of experience, commitment, and drive. Born and raised in the lower mainland, Fraser has been in construction for almost two decades. Believing in a lead-by-example approach, Fraser thoroughly enjoys being on site with the crew – to offer this experience and pass it on. He is involved in every step of the process to turn your dreams into a reality, which keeps him busy! In his time out of work, Fraser enjoys keeping fit, with a history in martial arts, and is helped along by running after his small collection of dogs and cats.

Katie (Director of Design)
Black Belt’s darling – Katie – joined the Black Belt team over a decade ago and her precision, attention to detail and energy all combined to lead to the fruition of Katie’s main joy: her tiling. From intricate designs, to pristine execution, clients are astounded with what Katie delivers. After pouring her love into her work, Katie manages to find some more for her sporting life, where she also coaches. She credits her work ethic to her father, grandfather and other family members, whom she enjoys spending her free time with.