Durham Stairs

Reviews for Durham Stairs

YK from Ajax
YK from Ajax
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Recommended for anyone who needs their stairs done!

I was very nervous about hiring someone for finishing all the stairs in the house, but Julian and Ken transformed them into a beautiful piece of art! We get lots of compliments from our guests. They were courteous, friendly, and professional, as well as fast yet precise with their job. The entire work was done in 5 days! The price was also amazingly reasonable. Thank you very much again for making our home beautiful!!

Vince in Scarborough
Vince in Scarborough
0 reviews Oshawa, ON

AMAZING

I really can't say enough about this company. Right from the start, Julian was very responsive, very positive and a real pleasure to deal with. While other companies were telling me I'd have to wait months Julian was able to fit me in the same week which was amazing. I was lucky enough to have Ken and crew assigned to my house. Unreal would be the word to descible this crew. The details, craftmanship, cleanliness, work ethic, explanation and care was above and beyond what I anticipated.
Alot of contractors come and go throughout the process, but these guys were there from start to finish and worked all day. My wife and I are so appreciative and so happy with the final product.
Thank you so much Julian/Ken and their amazing crew!!!!

Thank you so much, Vince, we enjoyed working on your project and glad you had a fantastic experience from A to Z! Wishing you and your family all the very best and enjoy your new stairs!

Sabi in Ajax
Sabi in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Main Stairs refinishing

I had my carpet stairs replaced with hardwood less than a year ago. I was unsatisfied with colour and overall finish of the stairs as the stain did not match my existing hardwood floors. I called Durham Stairs and spoke to Julian who came to see my stairs for a quote. From the beginning Durham stairs had been a God sent to me. Julian listened to my concerns and offered solutions that was within my budget.
The workers are quiet, professional, respectful and do amazing work. Most of all it's the attention to detail that I appreciate the most. No cutting corners or rushing to get the work done.. Julian is awesome, I felt he genuinely cared about my concerns and wanted to help. My stairs look amazing and I couldn't be happier with the end result.

Hey Sabi! it was an amazing and absolute pleasure to work with you and in your wonderful home, thank you for the lovely review!

Stairs and flooring

Julian came in to do our estimate had great ideas with pictures to update our 30 year old stairs. Ken who was the foreman for the work did an amazing job . We had updated the flooring on the main floor the year prior and it did not look nice with a silicon trim. Ken and his guys actually lifted the entire stairs nosing and put the stairs underneath the nosing.

Aside from that, the team was very nice a professional. They hung plastic curtains to contain sanding dust. They cleaned and vacuumed the place daily before they left. Extremely professional and I will def recommend.

Thanks so much Ali, was a pleasure to meet your family and work on your lovely home! -Julian

0 reviews Whitby, ON

Stair Reno & Hardwood Floors

Exceptional workmanship, attention to detail, on time, on budget, immaculate clean up, conscientious workers, always kept in the loop from the beginning to the end of project.
Great to work with….Would HIGHLY recommend !

Thank you so much you both! Was lovely to meet you both and work together, thank you for the review and your hospitality!

Lindsay in Toronto
Lindsay in Toronto
1 review Ajax, ON

Staircase remodel

All I can say is WOW by the customer service and the workmanship with this company. From the get go they answered all questions, was patient and no pressure ever. Any questions throughout the project was answered within minutes through text. You can’t say that a lot with many contractors.
Workers were right on time every day and worked long hours. They were so kind and cleaned up every day including vacuuming. They had a high attention to detail and the work is beautiful.
I would highly recommend this company for any stair renovations needed.

Hi Lindsay! Wow at your review too, lol, can not thank you both enough, it was wonderful working with you and for you, we really enjoyed it. Thank you!

campitk
campitk
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Staircase and flooring

Durham Stairs and Ray Sr. And Jr.’s team is 10/10! From beginning to end, dealing with Durham Stairs has been such a great experience. We’re so happy with the results. We had two flights of stairs upgraded form carpet to hardwood and hardwood installed on second floor landing and hallway. The workers, Ray Sr. and Jr. were a dream - so quiet but mighty with their hard-work, quality and workmanship. Julian and Leslie were so great to deal with, they were patient and took the time to answer all my questions thoroughly. I highly recommend their services. You won’t regret it, but maybe regret you didn’t get it done sooner.

Thanks Kristel for the review!

From our team to yours, it was a pleasure to work with your lovely family on your floors and both flights of stairs, in your charming home!

0 reviews Ajax, ON

Amazing Work!

We hired Durham Stairs to fix a mess our contractors had made due to their in-experience when attempting to refinish our stairs.

Julian and his crew did a phenomenal job taking over and making our vision come to life.

Thee team at Durham Stairs are professional and, reliable. I would highly recommend them.

Alma in Toronto
Alma in Toronto

Refinish stairs

Julian, Rob and his crew were excellent. I highly recommend Durham Stairs. My floating circular stairs were sanded, stained and refinished, and wood spindles were replaced with iron decorative spindles. Also carpeted basement stairs were replaced with oak treads. This totally transformed our entrance hall. They were prompt, professional, polite and a pleasure to work with. See pre and post photos.

Thank you so much, Alma! Your stairs look amazing, it was a pleasure working with you and your lovely family =)

Kerry in Toronto
Kerry in Toronto
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Stair renovation

I have wanted to remove the carpeting from my stairs and replace it with hardwood for many years now but dread living through any type of renovation. Finally decided that this year is the year to do some renovation. I contacted a few other stair renovation companies for price and review comparisons and decided to go ahead with Durham Stairs. Julian and his crew was a pleasure to work with. They were respectful of us, our time and our home. I love my newly renovated stairs. They are very sturdy, no squeaking and easy on the eyes. This company takes pride in their work.

Hi Kerry! it was such a pleasure to work on your stairs! Many thanks for the glowing review, we hope all is well with you =) Thanks for choosing DurhamStairs

More about Durham Stairs

Established in 2010, we are solely focused on ensuring that every customer's need is met one step at a time!

We specialize in all things staircases (carpet to hardwood, refinishing, posts, spindles, handrails) We also provide kitchen cabinet professional spraying.