General Contractors

Emilia
Emilia
0 reviews Whitby, ON

Main Floor Renovation

AG Construction has been a TRSUTED home renovations company for me for the last few years. If I need something they are 100% my go to guys. I always get at least 3 quotes for any project; they always offer me the best value to quality. They are fair, responsible, accountable. If something comes up where I am not fully satisfied, they will ensure they fix or re -do it until I am happy. Recently they completed a full renovation in my main floor (open it up), and they walked me through all the process and took care of everything for me as permits from the city where needed. They were truly a one stop shop. Alan the owner of the company has always been there for me listening to my ideas and giving me honest answers and suggestions. Here are some pictures of the before, during and after my last renovation. If you need something call them. Alan will make sure you are happy.

Hi Emilia,

We appreciate your review very much, especially for trusting us over the years with your home renovation projects. We strive to maintain an ongoing relationship with our customers, this is why we are in this business, to see our customers satisfied with what we love to do! Thank you so much!

Sufyan in Toronto
Sufyan in Toronto
1 review Oshawa, ON

Basement framing and plumbing fix

I hired this company after meeting with the Manager and his partner for finishing the framing of my basement apartment. Most of the framing was done by myself, however, I ran into some trouble areas where I needed someone with experience to complete. I needed help with creating boxes around my duct work and pillars. They talked like they knew what they were doing. We went over all the areas that needed fixing and I was happy with what we agreed on scope of work and price via email.
What I didn't appreciate was they sent 4 inexperienced workers to do the job. We agreed on a price that included material which was clear by email and contract, however, was told on the day of that materials were not included on the job. They even had the audacity to ask where the materials were on the job site yet no material list was ever provided (because we agreed by contract and email that materials were included on agreed price). Also took them 3 days to do a 1 day job. The box and pillar columns were also not square and plumb. I will have to correct some of the work.
If you want to hire someone who will do things 'just good enough' for an OK price. This is the team.

I do have to give them credit as they were polite, respectful, and good people. Just lacked skill.

Sufyan,

I am taken back with what you have written and I do not appreciate the false narrative in your review. For starters, you contacted us to correct/finish some framing work that you had already taken upon yourself to do and couldn't finish. During the walkthrough, our highly skilled project manager ALAN had assessed the materials on site and concluded there would be additional materials to be purchased which was explained thoroughly to you in person while at your residence.
The quotation provided to you clearly stated LABOUR ONLY, materials will be extra. We do not include the materials on ANY projects started by another person or company. To complete your project, there was only two skilled framers on site and one plumber, not 4 workers as you say. Moreover, the job was a small one, no need for more than 3 workers. I must also mention that our crew at AG Construction are experienced skilled trade workers, many of which have worked on high profile projects in the city of Toronto. The job was completed in 2 days, as the quotation specified (the second day was just the plumbing work which wasn’t a full day). Im baffled as to why you would claim the box and columns were not up to your standards as you seemed satisfied with the completed work and most importantly, the framing work PASSED INSPECTION which means the work was completed correctly and by code. If the box/column wasn't "straight enough" for you, why didnt you bring it to our attention before providing the final payment or at any point in time? We stand behind our workmanship and if for any reason you were dissatisfied, we would have been more than happy to look into the issue. It is our duty and obligation to make sure we provide quality work! The only truth in your review was that we are polite, respectful and good people which is why you had tried to get away with adding on extra work while the framer was on site, to which he refused as it was NOT part of the original scope of work. Your review is with malicious intent!

Charis Millete
Charis Millete
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Master Bathroom and Bedroom

When we began planning our project, we contacted several contractors and designers to get get a quote. AG Construction promptly responded to us, came to look at the scope of the project, and offered to bring the designer they work with to look at the space. They gave us renderings and a reasonably priced quote within our budget. Alan and Gabriela were very responsive, professional and amazing people to work with. Alan and his team worked incredibly hard and ensured to bring our vision to life. I am very meticulous and appreciated that Alan made sure that all of our needs were met. They listened to all of our feedback and executed it well. The quality of their work speaks for itself. Alan is also a perfectionist which I really appreciated. We will definitely hire them again for our next project.

Hi Charis,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure working on this project as it turned out to be a stunning bathroom, in fact, it was one of our favorites. We are so ready and excited to work on your future projects as we also had such a great experience working together with you and your husband. It's true, Alan is a perfectionist which is why he will go above and beyond for any customer. We look forward to working with you again. Thank you!

Eva Voinigescu
Eva Voinigescu

Basement Renovation

Alan and the AG Construction team renovated our basement (living area, kitchen, bedroom, laundry room and bathroom) in the Beaches neighbourhood in Toronto. The last renovation had happened in the 90s and the space was in need of some serious TLC.

AG:
-finished doing the demo we had started ourselves, including demoing laundry and bedroom ceilings and pulling up bedroom rug
-insulated and soundproofed
-drywalled (including plaster work to help with the old houses uneven ceilings)
-interior framing and insulation for two new windows
-laid new flooring and baseboards
-painted the entire basement
-reframed and retiled the fireplace hearth
-did our kitchen backsplash, floating shelf and vent hood cabinet/installation
-installed new doors and refinished old ones
-built out a custom bathroom cubby
-helped us re-purpose old kitchen cupboards in our laundry room
-reframed the basement bedroom closet and customized and installed doors for it
-did some additional plaster patch and painting work around the upstairs of the house after electrical work

The crew was extremely kind and courteous. They helped fix issues caused by other contractors and trades and were extremely tidy. Communicating with Alan and his team was easy and seamless and Alan paid a lot of attention to detail. His prices were fair and he had great availability and flexibility when things had to pivot due to supply chain or trades delays.

We came across AG after having had two other contractors fall through and we are so glad they did. We will definitely be working with AG again.

Hi Eva,

Wow, thank you so much for this very detailed and wonderful review! We are so glad we were there to help you after the unfortunate experience you had with other contractors. Alan's priority is customer satisfaction and he will do the impossible to make sure you are satisfied- he's simply amazing! It was a great project to work on and we look forward to working with you again, Eva. Thank you!

Onkar
Onkar
1 review Whitby, ON

Remodel Main Floor and Hardwood Flooring in the entire house

We had AG Construction tear down the walls between the family room ,dining area and kitchen in our 2003 two story house. The three rooms were gutted and rebuilt as one great room after a large beam was installed in our main floor. Our experience of working with Alan and his crew could not have been better.They are professional ,easy to work with,bring skilled tradesmen to the project and stand behind their work. The work site was cleaned up every day and the disruption to us was quite minimal, even though we lived in the house while the renovation was going on.
The project was done on time. I should be clear that AG Construction is not a cheap alternative,but result is first class. We have used cut rate contractors in the past with much less favorable results.
We have no hesitation in recommending AG Construction for large or small renovations.

Onkar Sandhar

Hi Onkar,

Thank you so much for the wonderfully detailed review! We are so thankful for this review as it really defines our workmanship here at AG Construction: Quality and Professional! We are so very happy about the experience you have encountered with us, and the stunning results. We would love to work with you again in the near future. Please know that we are here for you!

Melanie
Melanie
1 review Ajax, ON

Balcony repair

AG Construction did an amazing job repairing the balcony on the front of our home. A lot of homeowners in our area have experienced the same deterioration and have had their decks completely replaced, however, AG evaluated the project, repaired the problem area, installed membrane that should prevent the same issue from occurring again, and reused existing materials, therefore reducing the overall cost.

We are really happy with the communication and interactions we had with Gabriella, and Alan was very professional, knowledgeable and got the job done in less than a week. A really great experience overall.

We would definitely call on them again for future projects.

Hi Melanie,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy to know that you had an impeccable experience from start to finish. We uphold our integrity and make sure those values are transparent from the beginning to the end of the project.
It was a pleasure to work with you and look forward to doing so again in the future.

Tushar in Markham
Tushar in Markham

Bathroom Renovation

We hired AG Construction to renovate our upstairs guest bathroom. The bathroom was 20+ years old, and the project involved a complete demolition and rebuild. The results speak for themselves in the attached pictures (I've included both before and after). This team is incredible!

The entire process from beginning to end was seamless and transparent. Alan and Gio are professionals and two of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Their attention to detail and level of quality is unmatched. The big difference with AG is that they genuinely care about providing the best results for the job at hand. Alan was always upfront and honest with us throughout the entire process. He made himself available to answer all of our questions and provided alternative solutions for certain things beyond our control. He even went out of his way to pick up materials for us whenever possible. The team was always on time, polite and amazingly efficient from the start to the end of the project.

All of our shower fixtures and vanity were on backorder due to shortages caused by COVID. However, the team was patient with us and figured out how to make everything work within the shortest timeline possible. We really appreciate it.

We will be working with AG Construction next year to renovate our master bathroom and cannot wait. Again, thank you so much, and we look forward to working with you in the New Year!

Hi Tushar,
Thank you so much for this very detailed and glorious review. This review tells the story of everything we try so hard to accomplish and the crew will appreciate reading this very much. Making people happy is why we love renovating! It was a pleasure working with you from start to finish and we are truly looking forward to completing the rest of your home renovations very soon.

Bathroom renovation

We had a leak from our shower into our kitchen. We ended up updating our entire bathroom as a result. They're team was very friendly, professional, responsive and a pleasure to work with. We are extremely happy with the quality of the work and would use them again on our next project.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and for trusting us. It was a pleasure to work with you!

AG Construction.

Carolina in Orangeville
Carolina in Orangeville
0 reviews Orangeville, ON

Water leaking in ceiling of dinning room from washroom

A friend if my recommended AG construction when I had a leak in the ceiling of my living room.
Alan came the next day I called, looked at the problem, explained to me what he was going to do and around how much it would cost.
His price was extremely competitive, he arrived on time, was very professional, fixed the problem that same day and two days later fixed my ceiling.
Everything was perfect. I will call AG construction for anything service they provide and I have already recommended them to many friends.

Thank you Carolina for giving us the opportunity to work with you, we appreciate your review and we thank you for the recommendations you have already provided to your friends.

Amazing Job!

Allan is amazing. He has the perfectionist mentality, as well he went above and beyond to exceed all expectations. This was our second time having him do renovations on our house. He came in and fixed cracks in the walls, painted and re-caulked both bathrooms in the house. Even went out of his way to come on a Sunday to finish work, as well as after hours to fix minute details. The house needed to be on the market at the beginning of the week, and the deadline was met. We gave Allan a job to do with a small time frame and he and his team performed exceptionally. Would 110% recommend to any friends in need of reno.

It is our pleasure to have been able to provide you with our services once again, we take great pride in building long lasting relationships with our customers. We are so very happy you have had an amazing experience yet once again with Alan, he is truly one of our best! Thank you for your great review!

More about AG Construction

AG Construction has been delivering exceptional construction services for over 10 years, offering renovation and restoration solutions for residential and commercial construction. We take the time to understand and know our clients, thus allowing us to start each project with a clear picture of a particular vision and expectation.