Higher Place Tree Care

Reviews for Higher Place Tree Care

Sharon
Sharon

Tree Removal

Chris did an amazing job removing a silver maple from our backyard. He was professional, honest, and provided a fair quote. Chris liaised with an unreasonable City Planner on our behalf to eventually provide us with the outcome we wanted. No issues with the tree removal and the clean up afterwards was meticulous. I would definitely recommend Chris - a true professional. Much appreciated!

Thank you for the excellent review, Sharon. It's was a pleasure working for you.

Thanks for your business and for choosing Higher Place Tree Care!

Josh from Toronto
Josh from Toronto

Significant Trimming to Maintain Maple - True Pro!

Chris was fantastic - very knowledgeable, open and honest, on time, efficient, respected our neighbours and made sure to leave things the way he found them in our backyard.

We needed to have some significant trimming to help save a big Manitoba Maple in our backyard that is experiencing some internal decay.

Chris provide thorough insight of our situation when he came for a free inspection. His quote was very reasonable and he followed through and did exactly what he said he would. He was on time, went straight to work and left the tree in great condition.

I'll definitely be calling Chris for our next job.

Thanks very much for the great review, Josh! I'm glad you were happy with everything.

Linda
Linda

Amazing job!

Chris, thank you so very much for the outstanding job you and Sam did in my backyard…removing and trimming trees. You are punctual, very knowledgeable, and professional. It became very evident that you don’t waste any time…you are quick and efficient. You are very accommodating with your client’s wishes, even if it goes against your professional opinion. You have no fear and will not hesitate to remove a tree in a very challenging location. Your hard work and expertise is much appreciated. All in all, I would highly recommend you!

Thank you very much for the outstanding review and kind words, Linda. I'm glad you were happy with our work.

Shirley Lee
Shirley Lee

tree removal

The entire project went as estimated and discussed; there were no surprises; overall the prices are very reasonable; the service, communication and customer service is excellent. I have no hesitation in recommending or using Higher Place Tree Care again.

My backyard had an 80 ft plus Siberian elm which stood on the property line and posed a hazard to our homes. My neighbour and I wanted to be proactive and have it removed. We were aware of the enormity of the project; the complexity of navigating the City’s permit application process. We had concerns about how the elm could be removed with limited access to our backyards.

We chose Higher Place Tree Care because of Chris’s professionalism, expertise, and accessibility. We appreciated the time he took on the site visit to understand our project and concerns. He was knowledgeable, factual and patience addressing our concerns and questions.

Chris guided us in the best possible way with the City’s tree application process. He help assemble, file, and monitor the permit application. His knowledge of the application process and his willingness to guide us through it, was a deciding factor in choosing Higher Place Tree Care. We felt confident about our application.

Pending the outcome of our permit application, Chris provided us with two estimates; one for on-going maintenance; and another for tree removal. He understood the scope of our project. A time-line was provided for each option from the permit application date to the completion of the work. Our application was filed; approved in 3 weeks and a date scheduled for tree removal.

The removal of the elm was scheduled over a two day period. My neighbour and I touch-based with Chris about site preparation about a week before the date. Chris, his team and equipment arrive promptly and on-time on both days. It was impressive to watch; his team is skilled, efficient and strategic in their cuts to remove the elm safely. We watched in awe as they climbed, roped, cut, haul and chipped away. On Day 2, Chris and Sam came back to grind the stump and clean up the site.

Thank you for the outstanding and detailed review, Shirley. I'm really glad you were happy with everything. It was a pleasure working for you.

Thank you for your business and for choosing Higher Place Tree Care!

Rachel
Rachel

Tree Removal

I recently had the pleasure of dealing with Higher Place Tree Care.
We had a tall pine tree that was dying and leaning and needed to be cut down.
Chris was a joy to work with. He was prompt in returning any calls and made the process very easy. HIs price was competitive and he did a great job. His team left the whole area nice and clean afterwards. I highly recommend him.

Thanks very much for the great review, Rachel! I'm glad you were happy with everything. Thank you for choosing Higher Place Tree Care!

ff
ff

Great service, great company

Chris, we would like to express our sincere appreciation. We are so happy with the work you did and are grateful for your professionalism, guidance and patience. It was so easy to work with you. You were responsive to all of our questions before the work began, as well as, on the day the work was completed. We are absolutely convinced that we made the perfect choice in choosing Higher Place Tree Care and we would always highly recommend you to others. Professional, knowledgeable, patient and responsive. Thanks, Chris, you’re the best!

Thank you very much for the kind words and outstanding review. You are very welcome for the work, it was a pleasure working for you. Thank you for choosing Higher Place Tree Care.

Ruth in Toronto
Ruth in Toronto

Super Professional - Super Helpful

I have never had a garden and had no idea what I was doing when I hired Chris to deal with my elderly mom's trees. He patiently explained everything to me, was responsive, and did great work. In addition, the price was very reasonable. What more could you ask for?
Next time I need an arborist for my mom's place, I will 100% get Chris to do the work. Highly recommended!

Thank you for the excellent review and kind words, Ruth! I'm glad you were happy with everything.

Jacob
Jacob

Excellent experience

Chris is a pleasure to deal with and does excellent work. He gave me a very fair quote and then did exactly what I wanted taken care of. He also was very punctual and cleaned up both my yard and that of my neighbors as well.

Would absolutely recommend.

Thanks for the excellent review, Jacob! I'm glad you were happy with everything.

Parthiban in Ottawa
Parthiban in Ottawa

I recommend.

I reached out to many places for a quote and it seemed like ages to get even a simple reply, or to even get them to see the work that needs to be done to provide a quote. Some companies were asking for photos to give an estimate but I do not think that the way to go in such situation as it would be quite misleading and I believe would not reflect the actual scope of the work required. I don't want surprises in the cost or "I thought it looked like this but it's now much bigger than I thought" issues on the day of the job.
But Chris responded quite promptly and also scheduled a visit almost immediately to scope out the work that needed to be done.

What I appreciated about Chris's approach during that visit was that from the get go he gave me the confidence that he was a guy to be trusted with the job. It felt like he knew the tree, which branch needed to go vs was to remain, pros and cons of various approaches and the price for the job. All of this was done in probably 10 mins tops. It was a clear-cut, no frills approaching and I absolutely valued that. He immediately sent me a electronic quote with the details discussed.

On the day of the job, Chris and his buddy were on time, just went straight to the job (to much fanfare and curiosity in the neighborhood to say the least), finished the job much sooner than anticipated and there was not a single trace of even a twig or leaf present on the lawn and to be honest I couldn't figure out which branches were pruned/trimmed/cutoff. It felt like the tree always was as it was when the job was done and I think that says a lot about the calibre of their work. After the payment I immediately got my receipt electronically and the entire process was just seamless.

I absolutely recommend Chris and Higher Place. Please remain this way and I'm sure you will continue to grow for years to come! Glad I found you!

Thanks for taking the time to write such an outstanding review, Parthi! Thank you for the kind words as well. I'm glad you were happy with everything.

Tree and Branch Removal

We had a large branch break off during a spring storm and was left sitting in the tree canopy that required removal. Additionally, we had a small tree along the property line that was leaning against the fence and needed to be removed.

Chris and his team provided us with a highly competitive quote and were able to deliver the service quickly. Several days before the service date, a time was provided for when the team would arrive.

Everything went well. The team arrived on time and was able to complete the work quickly. All of the wood was completely removed from the garden and the team was incredibly professional. If I have another issue, I'll definitely use them again.

Thank you very much for the excellent review! I'm glad we were able to take care of everything to your satisfaction!

More about Higher Place Tree Care

Higher Place Tree Care is owned and operated by Chris Brown. Chris has been working full time in the field of arboriculture since 2004. Chris is an ISA Certified Arborist, ISA Certified Tree Worker, Ontario Qualified Arborist, Ontario Qualified Utility Arborist and holds the ISA TRAQ (Tree Risk Assessment) Qualification. Chris also graduated from the Humber College Arborist apprenticeship program.

Higher Place provides tree and shrub pruning and removal services, stump grinding, cabling and bracing, storm damage clean up, arborist reports for permit application and construction as well as plant health care (PHC) services.