The Handyman Services

Vaughan ON L4L 5C8

The Handyman Services

Reviews for The Handyman Services

TV mounting

Gianfranco from The Handyman services was punctual, knowledgeable and prepared for the job. I appreciated that he listened to my needs and provided his honest professional feedback where needed.
I was pleased of how meticulous he was while mounting my TV.

thanks from The Handyman Services

Markhorvath
Markhorvath

Repair outlet

Great guy, they came on time and did an amazing job repairing and trouble shooting the issues. Ended up changing the outlet and all was good. I highly recommend The Handyman Services.

thanks from the Handyman Services

Steven O.
Steven O.

Change Electrical Outlets through House/ Update Old to New

I would run far away.
He contacted me to fill my job request which was to upgrade all my outlets in my house. On the day we was booked to come he called and said he could not make it. I was having deck work done by another contractor and I need my outdoor outlet changed that day as it was holding up the completion of the deck work. I explained this to the Handyman. So he said he would come and change that outlet for me. He showed up and spent a 1/2 hr and just pulled the out let out of the way. He did not upgrade the outlet and additionally he secured it to the floor of the deck. It should have been put on the wall what happens when it rains. He said he would come back on Monday and put a new cover on the outlet and he insisted that I pay him $150 as that's what he min was.
I needed other work done, which he would not stay and do. He promised he would come back. The next day he was due back he told e he was having care issues and could not make. Basically I paid $150 for nothing.
Complete waist of money and time. I have now hired someone else to complete this job.

Hi Steve,
I'm sorry we keep having a misunderstanding. You told me to move the outlet which I did. There was a cover plate which I said I would change when I return. When I did come by at the agreed rescheduled time you were not home. I sent you a text with a picture confirming that I did show up that day. I tried reach out to reschedule you again but unfortunately you took too long to respond and my available slot got fulfilled.
Please contact me to resolve this issue.

Franklin
Franklin

General Handyman

Was hired for a few small jobs, makes a terrible mess and doesn’t clean up after himself. 2 of the jobs failed. He returned to repair one of the failed jobs and refused to come back for final repair or refund that portion so I could hire someone else. He said he broke his leg in July but it’s now November. It turns out Gianfranco cut the screen for the balcony door too small so I had to repurchase new screen and hire someone else to do it. Most of the time he was on the job he was on his phone too which is very frustrating to a customer. Worst homestars experience.

Hi Franklin
We apprecate you finding us online and detailing your experience. We would like to apologize for any and all inconveniences experienced throughout your project. We did do our best to go above and beyond our usual scope in order to make sure you were satisfied with our work. You call us back for 5 different jobs which you were satisfied as we thought because you kept hire us back. At your earliest opportunity please contact us to resolve your issue.

List of jobs completed:
-Screen replacement
(All job completed)

Bill Fairbairn
Bill Fairbairn

Recaulking bath tub and some minor handyman services

I live and work in Ottawa but my house is in Toronto and is currently being rented. Living so far away, it is important for me to find honest, professional contractors to deal with the odd problems that arise.

I found Gianfranco to be very responsive, professional and easy to deal with. Not only did he do the jobs I needed done in a timely way, but he was proactive in indicating and providing a remedy to things that could cause me problems moving forward. His rates are reasonable and I would definitely recommend and contract him again.

Steve
Steve

Quick, efficient and friendly!

Had an issue with putting up my ceiling fans when I found that one of my housing was very loose, tried to get a couple estimates over the phone with others but most were unhelpful or diagnosed my problem wrong. Gianfranco actually listened and figured my problem wasn’t as bad as I had described and came out to take a look. He was right and he fixed my housing issue within the hour and took care of some other minor problems I had as well. Would recommend and hire him again in a heartbeat!

thanks Steve from the Handyman Services

Myles
Myles

TV mount and electrical outlet install

Our first time using Gianfranco’s excellent services definitely won’t be the last! He was thorough in explaining everything that the job entailed and left our living room looking great. 10/10.

FrancaG in Etobicoke
FrancaG in Etobicoke

Install Ceiling Fans

We finally had ceiling fans installed in our children’s bedrooms. Although we have AC, it never seems to work effectively on days/nights of extreme heat and humidity. We hesitated thinking that this was a major job that would lead to more repair. We were mistaken. We checked out Homestars and to our surprise we received two responses - both seemed so positive so right away we were skeptical.
We took a chance on the first offer. The electrician, Gianfranco, was so clear about the nature of the job. Attic access was required as expected and it was
quite hot, but he assured us that he had done this before and that he would be fine. We purchased the fans in advance on our own. Gianfranco was a total pro. After the initial call we communicated by text to set date and time. The work was done very smoothly. He clearly knew what he was doing, answered all of our questions and even anticipated some of our concerns. He followed all the safety requirements that ceiling fans require. It took him about four hours to install two ceiling fans with remote control. We preferred the portable remote control to the wall switch.
We are so relieved that this work is done and that it was actually much more straight forward than we thought.
We highly recommend The Handyman Services.

thnx from the handyman services

Michele in Aurora
Michele in Aurora
8 reviews Aurora, ON

Great Job caulking a shower

Gianfranco showed up on time, gave us good advice, was friendly and skilled at caulking. Did a great job, and we would use him again and also recommend to others.

thnx Michele its was my pleasure if there is anything else please don't hesitate to let me know at The Handyman Services

Chris
Chris

Electrical diagnostic and repair

We had a room in the house spontaneously lose power (not a tripped breaker) and Gianfranco was able to quickly diagnose the issue and repair it. In our case it was a socket that had a broken wire inside. Socket was replaced and room is back to normal. Very happy with the service and would use him again.

thnx my pleasure to help from The Handyman Services

More about The Handyman Services

Home maintenance service when you need it.

Our mission is to help you with projects around your home.

You can rest easy knowing your home repair job is in experienced hands. We're not just proud of our workmanship we guarantee it.

We specializes in small to medium home improvements, repairs jobs. From paint to faucets. We get the things you want done Completed!

Our Standards

You'll notice the difference from the first time you call. You'll always talk to Me John the owner - a friendly tradesman who is ready to answer your questions and schedule your estimate.

When your job is finished, I will follow up to make sure you're happy with the work.

Looking forward to serving you!

We're social here: