The Monitoring Center

Linda from Concord
Linda from Concord
1 review Concord, ON

Alarm Installation & Home Monitoring

I have had a really good experience working with The Monitoring Center through the process of installing the alarm system as well as monitoring my home. The installation technician was very professional and anyone I’ve dealt with on the sales team has been very professional and knowledgeable. Plus, in addition to their excellent service, the monitoring rates are very good - haven’t found a price to beat it yet!

Thank you Linda, we appreciate your positive feedback.

Chris from Hamilton
Chris from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Wireless Alarm Installation

I have been using The Monitoring System for years now and absolutely love their service. I had a wireless alarm installed in my home about 8 years ago and when I was moving wanted to take it with me for my new home. They had no problem coming to reinstall the system in my new home and the entire process was fast and efficient, taking almost no time at all. I have and would recommend their services.

Thank you Chris. We appreciate your referrals and do award 2 months FREE alarm monitoring for every referral you send our way. Please contact me directly to ensure you have been credited as this is our way of saying thank you. Mirella, Sales Manager 1-866-247-4999 or mirella@themonitoringcenter.com

James from Mississauga
James from Mississauga

Alarm Installation

I had a great experience with The Monitoring Center when I had them install an alarm system in my home. The installation went off without a hitch - no mess, no unnecessary holes in the wall, everything was great. The service people were very neat and courteous, taking their shoes off when coming into the apartment. I also have a basement apartment and they were able to install an additional control box right at the entrance. At one point the system did go down, but the staff were easily able to inform me that the battery was low and resolved the situation immediately.

Thank you James. TMC will strive to continue the delivery of service you have become accustomed to. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Kamal Hussain from North York
Kamal Hussain from North York
1 review North York, ON

The monitoring centre

I had a break in the other day. My home security company, 'The Monitoring Centre ' called up after more than an hour after the event! There are supposed to call as soon as they receive the signal. That is within 1~2 minutes! Upon questioning I was told there was some 'mistake' in handing over the case/papers. My young teenage son who was in the house was terrorized. Today I was expecting atleast a call to apologize for their breach of contract.It is past 11:25 am now and nobody has contacted me as yet. It is completely disgraceful.

Kamal, I am hoping you will contact me as I have left several messages in order to discuss your occurance. Please do contact me directly Mirella, Sales Manager, 1-866-247-4999. If this is inconvenient I welcome communication also through email at mirella@themonitoringcenter.com. I am here to be of service to you.

Denise from Ajax
Denise from Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Alarm System

I have great experiences with TMC. I signed on in November 2010. Installation was detailed and concise.
There has been false alarms throughout the years but I have peace of mind knowing that they respond to the alarm in minutes.
They show genuine concern and professionalism every time. This goes a long way in my book!

Thank you, we are happy to be of service :).

Gary from Calgary
Gary from Calgary

Alarm Monitoring

The Monitoring Center has been monitoring our security alarm system for the past 4 years. They don't try to upsell you, but will hookup an existing system happily. The charge on a yearly basis ($120), the best price aroudn. They're customer service team is excellent and we know they are monitoring reliably since we've had our share of false alarms which they've contacted us about.

Thank you Gary. We take pride in our ability to respond efficiently and effectively to every alarm. We appreciate your commentary and your business.

Zhan Wang from Richmond Hill
Zhan Wang from Richmond Hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Alarm Monitoring

I signed up with The Monitoring Center about 3 years back. Most of the time they would call when an alarm is tripped, but there have also been a few horror stories that make me question the service they provide...
1. I have tried to test their monitoring be disconnecting the power to the panel and I have not gotten a call asking if everything is ok.
2. Once, an alarm was tripped, they tried to call the house phone which we did not pick up in time, then they called the 2 cell phones in the call list, but it went straight to voicemail because of bad reception at the time. That was the end of them trying to reach us. They did not leave any voicemails, nor did they call the police. They just stopped trying to contact us after 3 tries which is UNACCEPTABLE!
3. An alarm was tripped twice and they just did not call at all!
4. I went on vacation for a week and did everything to tell them that I will be away for a week and the police should be called if an alarm is tripped. Everything seemed to be in order, but they called me on my last day of vacation. So I had to spend long distance charges to call them back to inquire. It turns out to be their accounting department asking for a York region fee that was due in 1 month. I told them that I was displeased with the lack of communications between departments, but they did not care and am still waiting for a callback after 3 requests to speak to a supervisor.

I have had enough of this bad service and I am currently looking for a new monitoring company. I guess you definitely get what you pay for.

The safety and confidence of you and your loved ones is important to us. Please contact me directly so that I can assess this situation and resolve it on your behalf as efficiently as possible please. You can contact me Mirella, Customer Service, Sales Manager 1-866-247-4999 Ext. 2235. Thank you for the opportunity to resolve your situation.

Hilary from Brampton
Hilary from Brampton

needed home alarm system

We needed a home alarm system but did not want to pay too much. So we researched and found that the Monitoring Center cost approximately only $120 plus tax per year. So we went with this company for about 2 years. Since the hardware for the company was already installed, we did not have to pay that extra cost of purchasing and installation of hardware. While we were out, the alarm was tripped and the police came, after the fact. A report was filed, we saw footprints in the snow, so the alarm worked to scare the intruder. That was good. However, it would not have been effective against a professional thief who could make it in and out in 5 minutes, before the police show up. So I recommend this system if you just want to "scare off" intruders. But I do not recommend it if you need greater security for your house. After the alarm is tripped 3 times in a year, the police will not respond. That 3 times per year includes false alarms.

There is guard service available after you have used your 3 York Regional Police false alarm responses. I would further suggest that you change your alarm instructions Hillary...we can change your instructions to suit you and your family's needs which will cut down and/or eliminate any false alarms dispatched to your home moving forward. Please feel free to contact our office or contact me directly, Mirella, Sales Manager 1-866-247-4999 Ext. 2235 and we will be happy to assist you in making these changes.

Brock and Sherry in North York
Brock and Sherry in North York
21 reviews North York, ON

New alarm system and monitoring

When we moved in decided not to go with the $34.99 a month pushing company that previous owners used.

Found The Monitoring Centre and for $9.99 a month (first 3 years then $12.99 a month) they provide the same great service.

Bought my own equipment so never have to worry about being locked in a contract. The only contract for The Monitoring Centre is that you pay one year at a time.

Happy with their service. Just wish they would not require me to have a home phone but that is the same with most companies.

I have great news for you. We are happy to report that there is a newly introduced VOIP Alarm Broadband module that will allow us to monitor your alarm system without a home phone. So please do contact our Service Department @ 1-866-247-4999 and we will be happy to hook you up. Thank you once again for your positive feedback...we would love to assist you further.

BM in Vancouver
BM in Vancouver
9 reviews VANCOUVER, BC

Alarm monitoring

We decided to sign up with TMC when we moved into our current place half a year ago. It was prewired, so TMC confirmed the make and model or the alarm system over the phone to ensure they can provide service. They gave us all the details regarding monthly fees and promotions. The technician arrived on time and set up everything quickly. We set off the alarm once and I've read reviews that it takes them a while to call to verify identity, etc...but they called within a minute! They've also called a few months into service to test our alarm to ensure everything was still working properly. Great price of $9.99 per month! You have to prepay a lump sum of one year, but we were given an 6 months free after the year is up.

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. At TMC it is our objective to ensure the safety of your home and loved ones. We make every effort to contact your home within one minute of receiving an alarm. Your confirmation of our response time is greatly much appreciated. Thank you.

More about The Monitoring Center

Welcome to The Monitoring Center. We offer Affordable ... Dependable ... Full Service Alarm Monitoring 24/7 for ONLY $9.99/mo ... 6 Month FREE Sign Up Bonus. ULC Listed and CSAA 5 Diamond Rated Alarm Monitoring Facility.