The Monitoring Center

Reviews for The Monitoring Center

Karen in North york
Karen in North york

The Monitoring Centre

I have been a customer for approximately 7 years. I came from this industry and worked for a similiar company. This company provides EXCELLENT Service, they go thru the regular security checks and if alarm is set off they call the house within a minute! I can only say they are the best monitoring company I have ever dealt with.

Thank you, it is our pleasure to serve you and your loved ones.

chris van staveren in Etobicoke
chris van staveren in Etobicoke
2 reviews Etobicoke, ON

draconian cancellation policy

After being a loyal customer for many years, they were no longer able to moniter because I went to a voip phone. I worked with technical support for months but they were unable to get me hooked up. After 6 months of paying for no service I went to cancel but I was charged an additional full year of services because I cancelled 8 days BEFORE the start of the renewal versus 15 days required by contract. I tried to reason with the cancellation department, but to no avail. (I find it interesting that they modified the contract terms by charging 12.99 versus 9.99 without written approval but are claiming contract terms to get money for no service. I am now looking into other potential ways to rectify the situation purely out of principal.

Our contract states 15 days written notification for cancellation and is fully automated which is why your monitoring would have rolled over. Yes alarm monitoring rates are raised to $12.99 on the 3rd year of renewal ($9.99 frozen for seniors). Please be aware that any balance of alarm monitoring is in your account and you may gift it to a friend or family member if you will not be using it. Please do contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you in this process. Another option would be to add a cell back-up unit so we can continue monitoring for you through VOIP :).

Melanie in Maple
Melanie in Maple
2 reviews MAPLE, ON

Home alarm system

Called TMC to set up our home alarm system and I'm really pleased with their service! Quick responses, proper security checks when they call us about alarms going off. Fast and easy installation. I didn't have any problems or issues

You said it all Melanie...thank you. Affordable, Dependable, Full-Service alarm monitoring. We so appreciate your commentary and we are here to service your security needs. Thank you for your feedback.

M in East york
M in East york
6 reviews East York, ON

Home Security System

Solid alarm company!

Switched to The Monitoring Centre (TMC) after a dismal, never-ending 3-year term full of frustration with Reliance Protectron (Reliance is garbage company that's best avoided by the way...)

I'm very impressed with the excellent customer service TMC offers. I made my appointment to switch over my system to TMC back in June. Just like the othe reviewer said...two days before the appointment, they called me up to make sure the appointment was still convenient for me and then even sent an email - impressive!

I was given a 1-hour window when the TMC tech would show up - sure enough he came when promised. The tech checked over my system, tested everything and had me switched over to TMC's system in about 15 mins...great service.

So far, i'm a happy customer of TMC. I've talked with others that have been TMC customers for over 10 yrs and they have nothing but praise. When compared to the others out there (ADT, Reliance, Alarm Force), that are charging over $30 a month for basically the same thing less the "system warranty," you are getting a lot from TMC - it's really a no brainer.

We are happy to be of service and thank you for your positive feedback.

NCruz in Ajax
NCruz in Ajax
3 reviews AJAX, ON

Reinstallation of sensors

I had a new door installed. Its about $4000.
Called in TMC to reinstall the door sensor. Instead of drilling a straight hole, the installer drills a hole going to the bottom of the door. So now the beautiful door has a big chunk missing. Called the service manager (Derek). Let's see what happens.

After reviewing your case Norbert it is clear that we sent our technician Carl to your home to provide you with a full repair which end result was approved by you. I trust all is in order for you and I can see you have remained a customer. Thank you for your patience and for allowing us to remedy this situation on your behalf. Should you have any questions or would like to discuss your situation further I will be happy to speak with you. Mirella, Sales Manager 1-866-247-4999 Ext. 2235 or mirella@themonitoringcenter.com.

Michael Ho Hing
Michael Ho Hing
13 reviews BRAMPTON, ON

Alarm Service

We have been with the Monitoring Centre for about 10 years. They have given quality service for a very reasonable price. Once, they were not able to reach us in time to call off a false alarm, but it was more our fault as we are not dedicated cell phone users.

Thank you so much Michael for your patronage, we will do our best to continue to serve you and your loved ones security needs.

Liz in West End
Liz in West End
12 reviews ,

Alarm system

We have been with the Monitoring Center for 10 years and are completely satisfied with not only their service but also the price! For the first 5 years, it was $9.99 per month and is now $12.99. We still occasionally trip the alarm and within minutes, Monitoring Center is checking with us to ascertain what the situation is. Our house insurance is significantly lower because of our alarm system.

Thank you for your positive feedback Liz. We are happy to be of service.

Dan Shum in Vancouver
Dan Shum in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Alarm install/setup/follup up service

Contacted TMC to get the details on their $9.99 alarm deal. They promised timely/professional onsite service. They came, got me to sign the contract, and said they will finish up the work at a later date because they were not prepared to do the work. Subsequent appointments cancelled last minute due to very lame reasons. No staff even though the appointment was confirmed. No ladder to do work. Part was not available. They even had the nerver to tell me they re-evaluted the work and it would cost me another $800. TMC told their staff to walk away from the work if they did not get the additional funds. Called their monitoring center to speak to someone in charge. What a surprise, no one with authority is available. They dont even reply to voice mail.Now I am trying to get this one year contract cancelled.

I have made every effort to find a customer on file that fits the profile of events described above and there is no such incident. Please Dan contact me directly Mirella, Sales Manager 1-866-247-4999 Ext. 2235 or mirella@themonitoringcenter.com so we can locate your file and remedy this situation. To our knowledge there is no-one in our database that fits this scenario. I welcome your call :).

Erik in Hamilton
Erik in Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Alarm Monitoring

I've had some experience with alarms, having worked in two different Canadian Monitoring stations (neither of them were TMC) and having installed alarm systems for a living.

I was well aware of the markup in alarm monitoring, and really just wanted a central station watching over my alarm system (burglary and fire). I didn't want fancy monthly/weekly reports as to activity, and didn't want the station to keep track of whether the system was armed or not.

TMC has delivered on their promise. Their technician was professional and pleasant, arrived on time and tested the system fully.

We've had a few alarms since (legitimate false alarms, mainly due to pets) and TMC has always been prompt in calling the keyholders (or in one rare case, dispatching the local police).

We moved after 11 months of service and TMC was right on the case following up on when the system would be active at the new address, ensuring that the zone list was correct and that our emergency contacts had remained the same.

Frankly their service is much better than companies that charge 2.5X the money.

I'm a satisfied customer.

Updated: 30 March, 2014 - I am still a satisfied and current customer of TMC years after writing the review above, but should note that I did recently get my monthly rate increased without explanation from the posted and highly advertised $9.99 a month to $12.99 a month (Keeping in mind that I did enjoy the $9.99 rate for 5 years) which I found a little disappointing. We do not generate many alarms and you would think that customer loyalty would be rewarded, not penalized.

Update: We've changed monitoring stations. We were able to arrange monitoring at the old $9/mo rate somewhere else.

TMC will not refund any portion of your annual fee, but will keep a "credit" on file that you can use later or transfer to another customer. Not happy with this, but frankly it's been the only disappointment (aside from the rate increase) in the time we'd been with TMC.

I'd still recommend TMC, but would warn people that they will inevitably raise your rate after a few years at the $9.99/mo level.

Review has 1 previous version

We truly appreciate your positive commentary Erik and we will strive to continue to meet and/or beat your expectations.

InTO in North York
InTO in North York
6 reviews North York, ON

Home Alarm Monitoring

We have been with TMC for almost 3 years and just renewed our contract. Overall, we are satisfied, but we find the service is sometimes hit or miss; for example, we do not always receive a phone call after a false alarm or after a power failure. But they are so much cheaper than the other companies we considered that we just haven't made a change.

TMC does cost less than our competitors however we are dedicated to the delivery of high-quality...low-cost alarm monitoring. Allow me to explain that If you are not receiving a call when your alarm is triggered it would be because you are inputting your 4 digit ID code immediately which does not allow the alarm system to fully communicate to our central station. Please do contact us if you have any questions about this process and we will be happy to explain further. Thank you so much for your commentary...we appreciate your business and hope to this helps. For further explanation please feel free to contact me directly, Mirella, Sales Manager, 1-866-247-4999 or mirella@themonitoringcenter.com

More about The Monitoring Center

Welcome to The Monitoring Center. We offer Affordable ... Dependable ... Full Service Alarm Monitoring 24/7 for ONLY $9.99/mo ... 6 Month FREE Sign Up Bonus. ULC Listed and CSAA 5 Diamond Rated Alarm Monitoring Facility.