Reliance Home Comfort

2 Lansing Square Toronto ON M2J 4P8

Best of the Best '22
Best of Award '22 winner 9 timesBest of the Best '22 Best of Award '22winner 9 times
Giving Back Award winner 3 timesGiving Back Awardwinner 3 times

Reviews for Reliance Home Comfort

Jill Kanwischer in Windsor
Jill Kanwischer in Windsor
1 review Windsor, ON

Hot Water Heater Upgrade

The Technician was very knowledgeable and helpful to me in making my decision without being pushy. The work was done very quickly (scheduled for the next day) and they were there when they said they would be. I was extremely satisfied with their work.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience Jill. We sincerely appreciate your business. RM

Agnes Fleming in Brampton
Agnes Fleming in Brampton

Rental Furnace & Air Conditioner Annual Maintenance

Last year I signed up for a brand rental furnace and air conditioner. Included in the rental is a yearly maintenance. Today I had my annual maintenance done by a reliance technician Adam Walker. He called ahead to let me know he was on his way and he showed up on time. He was very polite with me and took his time to show me and explain how to operate the programmable thermostat that I had no idea how to use. He also changed my filter and humidifer pad free of charge. The furnace and air conditioner have both worked really well over the last year and it's nice to know that someone from Reliance will coming by every year to make sure everything is operating properly.

I would really recommend Reliace to anyone who is in the market for a new furnace or air conditioner as they offer great service and everyone I have dealt with from Reliance has treated me very well.

Thanks Agnes. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share this great experience and I will work to ensure that Adam is recognized for his efforts. Thank you for your business. RM

Dev Raj Bhatti in Mississauga
Dev Raj Bhatti in Mississauga

maintenance

Mr. Adam Walker visited my home for maintenance of Furnace and /AC unit, his service was par excellence. I really satisfied with his work and conduct. I do recommend reliance comfort service for ease and convenience.

Thanks for choosing Reliance Home Comfort! We appreciate your business- Cait

Jessica D in Toronto
Jessica D in Toronto

New A/C Rental Unit

A/C broke and contacted Reliance for a quote as well as other providers. John came over on a Sunday to review rental packages and was very friendly and knowledgeable about the products.
Installers came within 3 days and did a fast a professional job. They came in lower rates than 3 other quotes received for same A/C unit.
My only complaint was that the installers were a bit late and I had to wait for them however when they arrived they were courteous and got the job done.

Thanks for sharing your experience Jessica, we truly appreciate it. I'm sorry to hear about the delay with the install but am glad things worked out in the end. Sincere thanks. RM

Dave K in Mississauga
Dave K in Mississauga

Repair air conditioner

The service technician Amit Khanna was helpful, polite and professional. He called before showing up, arrived when he said he would and answered all of my questions thoroughly and with courtesy. He quickly diagnosed the problem and repaired it without delay or fuss. He then offered some tips on the AC unit to help us save money. Excellent job!

Thanks for choosing Reliance Home Comfort! We appreciate your business- Cait

Kevin McDonald in Brampton
Kevin McDonald in Brampton

Furnace cleaning; initial service poor, follow up excellent

The second serviceman who arrived to rectify problems resulting from my initial visit from Reliance, named Kevin, did an outstanding job and if he had been the first person to arrive, I would have given Reliance a 10 rating. The reason that it shows as a 5 now is that I averaged the initial review rating I did for Homestars for Reliance with the 10 that I believe Kevin earned for the company. All problems noted in the following review were addressed and rectified; he went out of his way to get the job properly done. If you have any furnace servicing performed by Reliance, request Kevin; I don't believe that you will be disappointed. Having said that, read on....
=================================================

The first serviceman arrived on time and was friendly and courteous. He worked at my home for approximately half an hour to 45 minutes, and walked me through a checklist of services once he was done, while the furnace was open for inspection. Being a layman, I accepted what he told me as far as the services that were listed on the checklist as having been provided and any recommendations for protection plans available through Reliance Home Comfort.
That night, I went downstairs to see what type of filter had been used to replace my current air filter. I was surprised to find that it was the original filter that I had put there three weeks earlier; there was no filter replacement, which was part of the service for which I paid. I became curious, and checked the interior of the furnace compartment itself. While the interior had received a cursory vacuuming, there was still plenty of dust evident throughout the interior surfaces of the furnace. The blower motor's air intake was caked with dust; it had not been cleaned. The checklist showed that the furnace humidifier had been set for a summer setting, which it was not (it was still set to high humidity, as was the setting for air intake from the humidifier, allowing a/c air to flow back down into the furnace via the humidifier outtake duct). The drain hose for the furnace was not inspected.... I removed the silicone seal from around the connection to the drain pipe and removed a partial clog myself.

I contacted the company to see what could be done to resolve these issues; a different serviceman was sent to evaluate the service that was provided. I used an online WagJag coupon to have my furnace tuned up, and received what I would consider to be a discounted service.

Review has 1 previous version
What could this company do to improve their services?
Fulfill their obligation to provide quality service on the first visit. I am in the service industry as well, and the best maxim of which I can think is, "Do the work as if it was in your own home."
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Visit HomeStars beforehand and check the reviews. I did not know of HomeStars prior to this service, but I will be using them in the future prior to calling home repair services.

Although I am very happy to hear about your experience with Kevin, I must apologize for the frustration associated with your first visit. If you could please contact me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com with more information, I will be sure to have this reviewed in an effort to avoid any similar instances. Thanks in advance. RM

rick szusko in Burlington
rick szusko in Burlington
1 review BURLINGTON, ON

hot water tank upgrade

Great service and a very knowledgeable technician. We really appreciated the care(floor covering and boot protectors) he took to keep our home clean. It is these little things that mean a lot. Before he left, he explained the unit and pointed out the improvements that have been made in comparison to our old unit.

Terrific feedback Rick. Thanks very much for sharing your great expereince here. We truly appreciate it. RM

Mike Brown in Hamilton
Mike Brown in Hamilton
1 review HAMILTON, ON

New Hot Water Heater

Trip to the basement in the A.M. - discovered water where there ought not to be any. Bottom of old tank had cracked open and water was gushing out. Spent about an hour trying phone numbers on tank - all dated info. Noticed Union Energy number on furnace, called it and were redirected to Reliance.

Person answering was friendly, knowledgable and most important, reassuring. She walked me through ensuring everything - including the gas - was shot off correctly. She then transferred me to sales, where we had a new (rental) heater lined up for 4pm-8pm THE SAME DAY. Arrived at closer to 5PM, but had called to let us know he was on his way.

The install took longer than it ought to have because it turns out Joe is an iPhone officianado, too, so too much time spent chatting. HOWever, it was done quickly and very well, and included explanations of everything from top-to-bottom, including what he was doing, why he needed to do it and how the new heaster functioned.

Now only are we pleased with our water heater, we are going to get both a new furnace and new A/C the same way. Purchasing is probably cheaper in the long run, but renting provides the sort of insurance & assurance we didn't have with our old, owned tank.

So glad to hear this Mike. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we sincerely value your business. Thanks for choosing Reliance Home Comfort. RM

Judy McWaters in Belleville
Judy McWaters in Belleville
1 review Belleville, ON

Air conditioning

My parents alerted me to a problem they were having with their central air conditioning system. They had discovered that the drain was plugged and the unit was leaking all over the laundry room floor. They placed a call to Reliance as they have a service contract to cover the unit. At first they were told that nothing could be done until about midweek of the following week. This was not acceptable and a service tech by the name of Rick was sent to their address, but not until the next day. He didn't have a clue what he was doing and told them they would need buckets under the unit and continue to use it. He said he was unable to get any parts for the next two days. He also told them that someone would come and check the unit to ensure it was working properly. That never occurred.

After another phone call to Reliance, Barry Greer, a service tech, called back and came to review the situation. He was most courteous and helpful, explaining everything and making suggestions as to how we could prevent this problem from ever occurring again. He checked the units inside and out and ensured that everything was in order. He assured us that if we ever should encounter another problem, we could call and request his help as is a Reliance trained air conditioning specialist.

We were on the verge of cancelling the contract with Reliance for service on the unit, until Barry came and restored our faith in the company.

Thanks for sharing your story Judy. I apologize that your expectations were not initially met and value this feedback. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue and once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. RM

Tyrone in Mississauga
Tyrone in Mississauga
1 review MISSISSAUGA, ON

Preventative maintenance

Mike Zevallos, Junior Technician came to our house and swiftly began to work. He thoroughly explained everything in a manner that was simple to understand. Additionally, we were having problems with our thermostat and he replaced it with a newer version and explained that Reliance home comfort wants the best for their customers. Thanks again Mike

Thanks for sharing Tyronne, we sincerely appreciate your business and the time you have taken to tell us about your experience. RM

More about Reliance Home Comfort

At Reliance, the safety and well-being of both our Customers and our Team Members is always our top priority. We are actively monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are taking precautionary measures to aid in keeping our communities safe. We have implemented strict safety protocols to provide both our Customers and Team members with peace of mind during this challenging time. We continue to provide the exceptional customer experiences we are synonymous for and want you to know that we are here for you when you need us.