We are reasonable people and we did our homework when sourcing new windows. We gathered 6 quotes from HomeStars and ultimately went with Vinyl Light Windows & Doors.
* Not the cheapest nor the most expensive
* Decision was made due to quick response via email, sales rep came to home in a timely manner, seemed likeable and had what we needed
* Was told since these were custom windows it would take about 6 weeks – no problem
Received an email day out of the blue that the custom windows were ready to install and they were arriving on August 23rd between 10 – 11am
1st flag – no option to work out a date
Had to take a day off to accommodate the weekday installation – fine, no problem
DAY OF INSTALLATION – August 23rd w/ Installer (who ultimately got fired)
* Patio door was delivered with paint scratched off in various places
* Noted the caulking – not very clean and only did the sides of the windows, not the top or bottom, and missed one window completely
* Explained this to installers and was promptly told to talk to Roman, thus call and tried to leave a message for Roman – but voicemail full
* Roman called back and we explained the situation
* Offered to have the installers come back to rectify – had to work out time and we were reasonable that it didn’t have to be overnight
* 2nd flag - Did not hear back with Roman on status of installers
* Had to call back – again vm full
* When we eventually connected with Roman, we settled on a new date in September.
* Installers didn’t show up, no call from either the installers – wasted day
* While checking the surveillance cameras, found out the installers came to our home without invitation, trespassed since gates were locked and had to jump the fence.
* In the process, stood on our shed to fix one of the windows and cracked the roof of the shed – see attached image
Roman didn’t know they were there earlier in the week thus both parties are NOT talking to each other.
* Persistent emails were exchanged and apologies to rectify the situation
* Promise to make another date, get the separate party to look at the window and touch up the paint as well as to rectify the caulking (specifically what was missed)
* Separate party came promptly at 9am and fixed the paint scratches and left paint for future touch ups. He looked at all the windows installed and also noted the caulking was done terribly and needed to be rectified
Explained that defective window extension is to be replaced with a new window extension and the process to be initiated by Roman
Roman’s installers (new crew this time) came and a no show from Roman who promised to be there – They were not briefed with all the issues, they were only told to fix the cracked roof of the shed
They also looked at all the windows and noted the very poor work of the caulking . They also stated “what a waste of material’ that flashing needs to be redone, then resealed
They were happy to come back and fix the caulking (with the right colour match) and the crack in the shed saying the roof piece would need to be replaced. They also would inform Roman of this visit
* Had to email Roman with a list of what needed to be done and to be done right away and an ask that Roman be present to see the work is done properly. A heated call took place as if he was the victim and with not much of an apology.
END OF OCTOBER
* Work was completed - complete tear down and re-install the windows with new siding and caulking - the job was that bad. Also a no show (surprise) from Roman.
Bottom line - customer is NOT always right and we are reasonable people. You can get windows from anyone selling but it's really down to the customer service that separates the good from the bad - thus a 0 rating
Appreciate the spin job response Roman - wouldn't expect anything less from you.