As part of the Enbridge Home Winterproofing Initiative I had all my exterior walls insulated with pour foam insulation, the windows caulked and my attic was topped up with blow-in insulation. The project took 2 days to complete. On day 1, the wall insulation was applied. I had to leave the home for several hours, with my pet, while the work was done. The 2nd day was the attic insulation. My pet and I stayed in the basement for a couple of hours while the work was done. The post-work recovery was labour intensive. All the exterior walls were drilled, then plastered over so there was a grid of holes on each of these walls. Thankfully I had the help of a friend to sand 4 rooms. We used a sanding attachment on the shop vac which didn't cause any more dust. We've been painting the rooms as quickly as possible. Only 1 wall is left to do. Moving all the furniture was a pain literally, but in spite of all the work we had to do: sanding, vacuuming, priming and painting, it was well worth it. The furnace does not come on as often which should be reflected in my next Enbridge bill. I forgot to mention that I was also given 7 watt lightbulbs for all of my fixtures as well. My refrigerator was already energy star rated so that was not replaced. The crews were adept at their jobs and left my home as clean as possible. Even though, I initially felt disheartened by all the work ahead of me, I'm glad I took advantage of this wonderful opportunity.