Professional, organized, punctual, helpful, patient, superior product knowledge, great workmanship, not high pressure and more.
This is the least I can say about Frank and all of his team members we worked with. ..i.e. Frank, Donna (Oakville office location), Mike (Burlington resident) and Mike (Binbrook resident).
This review may be lengthier than most but these folks deserve a bit of my time in return for the time they spent with us. Let me explain....it's actually a chronological journey of our happy Techno experience......
Our first exposure to Techno Kitchen - Oakville (BTW there is another location in Vaughan) was through friends who were, and still are extremely pleased with their Techno experience over 6 years ago. Next we bumped into Techno at the Home Show several years after. We were impressed with what they had to offer.
Donna was our first contact in the Oakville showroom last June. Pleasant, helpful, patient, knowledgeable.....answered all of our questions and addressed our concerns. Donna made an appointment for Frank (owner) to visit us in our home with the door samples we were considering.
Frank was punctual and very informative. He wasn't up-selling anything. His mission was to create a functional kitchen based on his experience that we could enjoy based on our tastes. His suggestions to change some doors for drawers and reconfigure the shape and size of some cupboards all made sense. We are living with those changes now and we are very pleased.
Now just to stray away from the review for a moment and pass along my refacing learnings:
* a refaced kitchen looks brand new. The doors are new; the laminated veneers replace the old veneer and is new; the moldings and valences are new; the kickplates are new.
* the cost savings are derived from not replacing the boxes....however, if you need a box or two or more replaced, reconfigured, whatever....Techno Kitchens can do this too.
* our kitchen refacing was done in 5 days, Monday to Friday. Techno appeared on the booking date; took exactly the time they booked and there were no extra costs....i.e. no surprises. During the installation time our kitchen was still usable. The cupboards were empty but the fridge, stove, sink were in service.
* the countertop replacement can be done by one of the fabricators that Frank lists with or you can go it on your own. We chose to use one of Frank's contacts since Frank and Donna become involved with many of the arrangements and details. (very helpful) We selected granite and picked our own slab from a selection of hundreds throughout the three locations we toured.
* we learned that the cost of a granite countertop can vary depending upon seams or no seams. Two of our countertops are "L" shaped. The fabricator can create a counter more cost efficiently with seams. (and the savings are passed along). However, we wanted no seams which added to the bottom line. Donna and Frank displayed their interpersonal skills when dealing with me re: the seam or no seam cost issue!!
Back to the review....Frank gave us a quote after taking measurements and understanding the details and scope of the project. Once this was agreed upon, dates were set.
First, Mike (Burlington) spent a day installing the new boxes we required and several of the roughed in gables that butted up against the countertop. Mike (Burl). was thorough, paid attention to detail and very personable. Techno is smart. The purpose of Mike's visit was to set the stage for the countertop folks. When the fabricator came to measure with the laser equipment, the size, shape and positioning of all gables and cupboards were in their exact final location so the counter would be a perfect fit.....and it is.
Once the counter was installed with the new sink, Mike "Burl". returned for the final refacing steps. Oops...one more note about Frank. In between times we asked him to visit us re: an addition to the original plan. He arrived promptly the next day and finalized our
vision...a new coffee bar in the dinette area.
Now Mike "Burl" is a thinker. He plans well and takes pride in his work. For the week he spent with us he meticulously transformed our old kitchen to the new. This installation is an art. Every piece of veneer and molding was adjusted to a fraction of an inch to make the job perfect. Mike arrived on time each day and cleaned up before he left. Here's where the pride in workmanship kicked in...Mike noticed the finish on one of the valence pieces was not perfect.....he ordered a new piece from the manufacturer, booked a service call date and this is when Mike (Binbrook) arrived!!
The new Mike was just as focused on perfection as Mike (Burl). He installed the replacement valence with a miter you would only expect from a machine. But wait, there's more......
We had been living with our new kitchen for several weeks and had some questions. In the true style of Techno, Mike (Bin) took the time to address all of our concerns, make several minor adjustments and then ride off into the sunset leaving behind another satisfied Techno customer.
We asked to be a reference and pictures are posted with this review.