I had to move my belongings from a 1 bedroom + den apartment to a storage space. I had the following items to move:
- 1 queen bed
- 1 bedside table
- 1 sofa
- Roughly 15 large sized boxes
- 1 coffee table
- 1 office table
- 1 dining table
- 4 chairs
- 1 bookshelf
- 1 bicycle
- Various small / loose items
So I searched online for a moving company, and I decided to hire Mars Moving. I'm so glad that I did! They did such a wonderful job. The 2 gentlemen who took care of my moving are such professionals. To be specific, what I like about Mars Moving are:
- They arrived EARLIER than scheduled. I requested them to come at 12:00 PM, but they arrived at 11:30 AM instead. They happily waited for 30 minutes and didn't even charge extra for that.
- They worked incredibly quickly. When I first called them (the owner's name is Elmars, by the way) to ask for a quote, they estimated that it would take about 4 to 5 hours to complete the job. Instead, they did it in only 3.5 hours.
- They were very careful in ensuring that they didn't break, hit, or damage things (very important, because I was renting the condo I was moving out from, so obviously I wouldn't have wanted to cause any damages to walls, furniture, etc!)
- They were very well equipped and carried all the necessary supplies and tools. For instance:
a. They made sure to wrap most of my items to keep them clean (since I told them those items were going to be at the storage for quite a while.) For fragile items, they even wrapped them with special protective blankets.
b. My condo has many tight corners such that disassembling the queen bed was the best course of action. Sure enough, they had all the tools to do that. They did so really quickly and efficiently. They also ensured that no screws, bolts, etc were lost.
- My storage space is kind of small (5 feet x 10 feet), and I thought all the items mentioned above wouldn't fit inside it. However, the 2 gentlemen were so efficient and managed to fit everything inside just fine (see the attached pics!)
Bonus points for them:
- The gentlemen were so friendly and pleasant to talk to! Not to mention, they were also very polite.
- Simple, no fuzz, very straightforward contract.
- VERY reasonable pricing.
I highly recommend Mars Moving, and I wish them the best! Oh and one more thing: one of the moving guys mentioned that they also handle long distance moving, even as far as Vancouver! I don't plan to move that far anytime soon, but I thought I'd write about it here, just in case anyone reading this review needs a moving company that handles long distance moving.