I wish I had seen more reviews or talked to neighbours of my friends before we signed up with Betz, as I would then have been more prepared for a very frustrating experience. We really hated having to complain so much, but there were a lot of issues. What we signed up for was the promise in the Betz pools brochure. We wanted a timely, well managed, high quality product.
Pros: the design work was nicely done, with good layout
Cons: errors from design to implement, difficult to understand invoices, poor quality product or process with regards to architectural concrete work, and lack of fulfillment of warranties (until legally pursued), unclear timeline
1) Close to 20 bushes died in the first year, yet Betz would not honour the warranty until we took legal action.
2)Architectural concrete was highly recommended by Betz, however the product was not properly sealed according to two independant contractors we brought in to fix the pitting and crumbling of the concrete. They tried to repair it however, we were told that in particular architectural concrete should not be used on driveways due to salt coming in on tires (erodes product). We now have to replace entire front paving (as you can see by photos). the job is just over two years old.
We did mention it to Betz during the first two years however, it was not addressed.
Its unfortunate this job ended up causing us all such problems, but I could have forgiven that if we had been treated with more respect, and attention to admitting and addressing issues after sales.
- Company Response
Dear Ingrid G,
I am sorry that we were not able to please you on your project. However, I our experience of the facts are quite different from yours. For example:
1. Regarding your comment about talking to the neighbours of your friends, the reason we tried to please you was because we had wonderful experiences, and continue to serve with satisfaction, all of your friends for whom we built pools and did total backyard projects.
2. In the end, we never did build you a pool, although you initially requested one. We did a full backyard design with two different pool design options. You decided you could not afford a pool, so opted for a standard acrylic hot tub from our store plus some landscaping. You changed your mind frequently and we ended up with nine different sets of design changes. It eventually became obvious that we could not please you.
3. Regarding fulfillment of warranties, due to your lack of payment, we never got to the point where a warranty would be in effect. In fact, we had to have our lawyer take legal action. Mr. Betz agreed to significant concessions if you agreed to find another firm to serve you. Once you agreed with that we closed your account.
4. Finally, this is the first time you have mentioned anything about architectural concrete. It's tempting to address the inaccuracies in your claims, but it's better that we stick to our word to move on.
Again, we regret that we were not able to satisfy you and wish you better luck going forward.
Marc Luff, Sales Consultant/Vice President - Betz Pools Limited