Cambridge Heating and Cooling

Reviews for Cambridge Heating and Cooling

Singh in Mississauga
Singh in Mississauga
1 review MISSISSAUGA, ON

Fixed heating system same day

It was very cold and my Trane furnace stopped working and I have 3 months baby I was very worried then I called Cambridge heating and Cooling to arrange repair visit Umaer visited same day with high priorities and fixed all the issues free of cost as I take annual maintenance regularly. Highly appreciate Cambridge Heating & Cooling for their professionalism and honesty and most important fixing heating on same day. I would highly recommend this to everyone

Hello Dear Mr. Singh, we are pleased and relieved to hear your astounding review. It's such a scary thought to have a baby in cold weather and your furnace stops working. We are so glad your problem got fixed on time and that you can rest with ease. Lets hope this never happens again but even if it does.. you can count on us.

Paolo from Scarborough
Paolo from Scarborough

Did not meet expectations

Cambridge repair man charged me $100 to inspect my heating system and never called back as promised to fix it.
I had a blower in my high velocity system that wasn't turning (so no heat). I asked for them to take a look, I gave them my address they said they will come in 2 days. The repair man calls complaining he can't find parking in my area (downtown TO) and I have to help him find parking. He shows up and says the blower is not working because the motor and capacitor are broken but never uses a meter to test anything. I said its usually one or the other not both. He said he would order the parts and call me. He asked for $100 for the visit, I gave him cash, NO RECEIPT GIVEN. No one calls me for 2 days and it's Friday (no heat working). I called them to ask for an update, he says he called the manufacturer looking for the part but the manufacturer didn't answer their phone. I asked how much longer he said he will call back later. I called the manufacturer myself, they answer the phone, they give me the part numbers, cost and where to buy them in 5 minutes. I call back to Cambridge to cancel my service that wasn't going to show up anyways. I called someone else and they replaced the capacitor on the spot, same day, for $150 total.

Thank you so much to share your experience with us. We are truly sorry to hear that type of inconvenience. We tried hard to manage everything from parking resolving till getting part from manufacture. I have looked into recordings and we confirmed you our repair tried to find Parking for 20 minutes, but he could not find it and even the front door garage parking was too small for the truck. NOW we have call history which proves we tried to get part from the manufacture, but they were on voice mail we tried three times in a day also tried the next day but could not get hold of them then after we had long holidays till Thanksgiving day. We look forward to speaking with you and working towards resolving your problem. Just call us back at 416-750-4363

Tim
Tim

Customer Service & Quality Less Than Adequate

New Lennox central air (within last 3 years) not cooling properly this season. Called Cambridge to fix it - they were the original installer.

Initial service call they recharged it...still not cooling properly, so 2nd service call, they recharged it again...still not cooling properly. 3rd service call didn't even see the technician on site and got a call from their customer service rep that I needed a new coil - who couldn't explain what that part even was or why I needed it - but no stock in all of Canada and needs to come from the US - 1 month (has now been 4+ months later and not even a phone call back yet).

After over a month of waiting and an odd IM exchange of "we don't carry parts", I called the company that installed my furnace (a different company), whose tech spent quite a bit of time on site diagnosing the issue. Turns out, when originally installed, Cambridge did not install a certain fitting to maintain pressure differential, which the other company's tech believed was the cause. AC has worked ever since.

Hello Mr. Tim, we are so extremely sorry to hear what happened with you but we are not able to pull up your details from our systems. Kindly call us at your earliest convenience so that we may help you with whatever means possible.

Regards, Bill W.

Sharon
Sharon

Excellent service by Cambridge heating and cooling

I want to share my excellent experience that I had lately with Cambridge Hearing and Cooling as I had a Trane furnace that I needed to replace in a hurry since its fan broke down and thus had no A/C in the house. Starting with the prompt and very courteous visit from their sales representative, Tousif. He quickly realized how we couldn't bear it any longer in the stifling hot house and arranged to have a brand new Trane furnace brought out in a very short period of time.
The two technician, Jameel and Umaer did a great job of replacing my old furnace with new brand Trane furnace and thermostat with new ones and left everything in clean working order. Finally, dealing with Sam, their office accounts person, was also a joy as he processed efficiently my payment with ease.
My family and I thank you all very much for professionalism. I highly recommend Cambridge Heating and Cooling for all your heating and cooling needs.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Sharon. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us, Tousif is truly a gem to have on our team! We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

omer in Toronto
omer in Toronto
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Furnace and Air conditioning annual maintenance service

I have been a happy customer of Cambridge Heating and Cooling since 2009 purchase and installation of my furnace and air conditioning from this company. Cambridge has been conducting annual maintenance service since 2009. The most recent service was done on September 17, 2020. Cambridge proactively called me on September 12, 2020 and scheduled the service. Customer service staff did a fine job in understanding and handling my requests. The technician who conducted the service (Umear) came on-time within scheduled time window and complied with Covid protocols. I appreciated Umear's professionalism, and his attention to details. He spent extra time to address the details. Thank you Cambridge, Customer support staff and Umear.

Thank you so much for the detailed review. This means so much to us.

Leaside/Bennington Heights
Leaside/Bennington Heights
4 reviews East York, ON

Top Notch

I live in Leaside. Before going ahead with a new air conditioner I contacted 4 companies and got 4 quotes on a Goodman 2.5 ton Air Conditioner. All quotes were around the same price but Cambridge price was just a couple of hundred dollars less so I had the salesman come see me on Monday afternoon. He was delightful and had all the information I required, he said the men would insall the equipment on Tuesday at 2 pm. Tuesday at 2pm they arrived and by 4:30 I had cool air again. This company is highly recommended. I couldn't be more satisfied with service, price and quality of workmanship.

Genuinely happy to hear such appreciating words from any customer. Thank you so much and we will make sure to live upto your standards.

Wally Fernandez  in Toronto
Wally Fernandez in Toronto
1 review Ottawa, ON

Satisfactory AC Diagnose

We had Mark for our Air Con' diagnose who cleared we do not need to replace system all he needs to do is fix capacitor and we will still have few years to use existing system and he made our cooling system working its really appreciating thanks Mark

Thank you so much for the review. We are happy to help.

Diana & Gerry from Toronto
Diana & Gerry from Toronto

Great Work and Installation

Our 30 year old Central Air died on the first hot day in May, so we called around getting quotes on the AC and furnace (23 years old). Kevin was great, being up front about the importance of good installation, and right-sizing the equipment for our house. He was informed and informative, going out of his way to help us decide what equipment suited our needs and budget, without trying to up-sell us on other features . By the time we had 3 or 4 quotes, it was obvious Kevin's was the best one for us.

Their installers, a duo led by Peter, were hardworking, and clearly good at their job. It was a long day for them, as they had to remove the old gear, and then install the AC, Furnace, Humidifier, Media Filter (the last two being upgrades WE asked Kevin for since we have 2 large dogs in the house), and a new Chimney Liner. The job they did was great, they showed us the equipment, and took the time to show us how it ran while they tested it out.

I HIGHLY recommend this company to you. I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat.

Thank you so much for so many kind words, a happy customer is a GEM for us. Take care.

Silvester
Silvester

top-notch in terms of services and professionalism

After having a sterling and long-lasting business relation with Cambridge Heating & Cooling I am compelled to write a review for them;

I will start off by saying Cambridge's Customer Support is top-notch in terms of scheduling and professionalism especially "Bill" helped me out a lot of times with invoices and guiding properly whenever there was a problem.

Recently we had the annual check-up performed by Cambridge and the usual gentleman came who is an old guy does not talk a lot but gets the job done every time, we had a furnace breakdown in the middle of the winter which is fixed, very reliable guy.

in conclusion, my 5 years since the install of my Furnace has been absolutely brilliant with Cambridge and I would definitely recommend it to everyone, they have absolutely lived upto the standards of best heating and cooling company in GTA.

Thank you so much Silvester for such a descriptive review, it really feels great to serve amazing gentlemen like yourself.

MIchelle in Toronto
MIchelle in Toronto

15 visits and furnace still not working

Our furnace which is still under warranty has worked on and off for last two months. Cambridge has visited house 15 times and still cannot fix issue.
They continuously say they have found solution and then furnace breaks down. They confirm they ordered parts and then head office reviews and says no parts have been ordered. This has been the WORST experience we have ever had to deal with. Do not get your furnace from them. They are completely unreliable if something goes wrong.

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused, your furnace if I'm not mistaking is over 10 years old which is one of the factors and constantly causing issues but as you are aware we have diligently and promptly responded to every furnace breakdown call and arrange techs for you as our first priority. And we will always serve you in the future too.

More about Cambridge Heating and Cooling

AWARDS WE HAVE WON
BEST OF HOMESTARS AWARD 2019/2020
MULTIPLE TOP CHOICE AWARDS
READER'S CHOICE AWARD WINNER 2009/2010
LENNOX CIRCLE OF EXCELLENCE
CENTURION AWARD
IN RECOGNITION OF OUTSTANDING DEALER PERFORMANCE 2008/2009

Cambridge Heating & Cooling is proud to announce that we are an authorized Premier Dealer for Trane Technologies Inc. We are a service-driven company whose qualified technicians are available for emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our services include Selling. installing and maintaining a wide range of products to ensure the comfort of your home.