Carson Dunlop & Associates Home Inspection

Reviews for Carson Dunlop & Associates Home Inspection

SHAWN VENASSE - Sales Representative
SHAWN VENASSE - Sales Representative

CARSON DUNLOP HOME INSPECTIONS ARE GOLDEN

I have used Carson Dunlop many, many times over the years both with my Buyer Clients and my Seller Clients. They provide predictably good quality, professional Inspections and thorough Reports. As well, they are always willing to discuss their Report not only with the Client, but also others interested in the property when I have had a pre-Listing Inspection. Their name is synonymous with quality & reliability. When you have a Carson Dunlop Inspection, then you have peace of mind.

Hi Shawn, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such a great review. We are so happy to hear that you have had numerous positive experiences with our company. We appreciate your trusting us with your inspections and with your clients. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Seller inspection for Pre-sale of Home

Very disappointing. On the phone I was told it was a 2 hour inspection I was paying $700.00 for this with tax. Inspector came in asked me nothing, told me nothing, left after 1 hour. Sent me a report saying that my windows are hard to open. That's because he didn't know how to open them and couldn't be bothered to ask. A complete rip off if you ask me. Not sure why they are so highly rated. Wouldn't use again.

Hello, We are sorry that you had a negative experience with your inspection. We have made numerous attempts to contact you in regards to this review and have yet to hear back. We would very much like the opportunity to speak with you and make this right. Our reports are well known to be the best and some of the most extensive in the industry. They should look something like this https://www.carsondunlop.com/assets/inspection/Carson-Dunlop-Buyer-Seller-Sample-Report.pdf and would cover much more than windows. We would like to look into your concerns further and determine if there is some kind of issue with your report since you have indicated it only included information about windows. Could you please contact us in the office. Thank you, Carson Dunlop Customer Service Team

Kathlyn in Toronto
Kathlyn in Toronto

Home Inspection

Purchasing a home and wanted to have an inspection done to be sure that there were no surprises. The inspector was so kind, helpful, and very informative. I felt confident about the state of the house at the end of the inspection.

Hi Kathlyn, Thank you for your kind feedback. We are so happy that you had a positive experience with our services. Be sure to take advantage of all of the discounted and free services you are eligible for just for being a client. There is more info located in the back your report. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us. Enjoy your new home. Charlotte Dove, Director of Operations and Client Care

Nabil in Pickering
Nabil in Pickering
2 reviews Pickering, ON

House Purchase

Carson-Dunlop is a great service oriented organization. We hired them to do an inspection on a house we're buying. They did a great job identifying all the findings in the house and a detailed 86 pages report including pictures, ideas how to fix and an estimated cost of repair.

This is the second time we hire Carson-Dunlop and definitely won't be the last. Great staff to meet and work with. I would recommend them for all my friends and family for a great job done.

The lead inspector, Greg Kendall, was very helpful; right after the inspection was completed, he passed by our home along with his colleague to give us a high level update on the inspection status which we were very pleased to hear about and helped us make a quick decision to move forward with the purchase even before we received the actual report in the evening of the same day.

Great company, please keep up the good work you're doing.

Regards and Happy Holidays,

Nabil & Mona

Hi Nabil, Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and positive review of our services We are so happy that you had a positive experience with our services. Be sure to take advantage of all of the discounted and free services you are eligible for just for being a client. There is more info located in the back your report. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us. Enjoy your new home. Charlotte Dove, Director of Operations and Client Care

AP in Oakville
AP in Oakville

Peace of mind for our resale home purchase

Carson Dunlop is the top in their field of home inspection, I trust them completely and use no one else. Our inspector Hal was thorough and knowledgeable as he shared his findings with me on our resale home purchase. This is the third time out of 3 homes we've used Carson Dunlop, and if we buy and sell homes again, we will call them again. Of note, he pointed out a furnace drainage issue that I was then able to rectify with my furnace maintenance guy - saving us from a possible near-term furnace replacement! The thermal imaging was absolutely worth the additional fees as we could see the few cold spots in the upstairs room ceilings, and the images confirmed no signs of pipe leaks in the walls, or wall/roof leaks, providing real peace of mind for our resale home purchase. Thank you Carson Dunlop!

Hi AP in Oakville. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback on our services. We are so happy that you had a great experience with Hal and that some of the items he identified were helpful in the maintenance of your home. We aim to provide the value that you talked about from your experience so it's great to hear about it in action. We hope you enjoy living in your new home and we'll be here when you need us in the future. Thanks again, Charlotte Dove, Director of Operations and Client Care at Carson Dunlop

S.Hayden
S.Hayden

Thorough and Professional Home Inspection

I found the entire inspection process to be very well done. Carson Dunlop was recommended by our real estate agent. Since the house was built in 1967, we wanted to be sure to have a thorough and professional inspection.The inspector arrived on time and we went through the house together with a very detailed inspection. He took the time to answer all the questions I had. He discovered a number of minor issues that were highlighted in the final report that I would never have found myself. As well he had a variety of interesting methods to look for potential issues. The use of the thermal imaging camera was also well worth the additional cost.We were very pleased with the detailed final report, as well as the accompanying home maintenance book. Overall it was a very professional inspection and I would certainly recommend Carson Dunlop to anyone looking for a home inspection.

Hi S Hayden. Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy that you had an outstanding experience with our company. We love that you got value out of the onsite portion of the inspection and liked our report too. We really appreciate you trusting us with your inspection and we'll be here any time you need us for as long as you own your home. Thanks again for taking the time to review your experience. Charlotte Dove, Director of Operations Carson Dunlop.

Be careful on how much they charge. Shop around.

It's my fault to trust the real estate agent's recommendation to this company. I should shop around and try to understand what is the average cost for inspection. The guy talked very professional. However, not too long after I bought the house, I found there is some water damage at the ceiling that they overlook. And I also believe they will charge people differently depends on if they notice you don't have knowledge about house maintenance. Very disappointed.

Hello Private User, We take your concerns very seriously and would be happy to look into this situation further. Could you contact our office at 416-964-9415 so we could look into the item you indicated was overlooked? As a company that has been in business for over 40 years and is known as a leader in the industry we do not have different pricing for different clients. I can 100% confirm that we do not charge people based on their knowledge of a home, rather our pricing is based off of square footage and age of the property we are looking at and is comparable to other companies with similar experience and service in our industry. That being said, I would be happy to personally review your booking just to ensure there were no mistakes made on pricing if this is a concern to you. We work with thousands of clients each year, who trust our services and feel we provide great value and education when buying or selling a home and I am sorry you didn't have the same experience. Please feel free to contact us directly at any time and we would be happy to further discuss your concerns. Charlotte Dove, Director of Operations Carson Dunlop

Vivien in Toronto
Vivien in Toronto

Condo apartment inspection

Milo accommodated our home inspection on a shorter timeline. He was thorough, explained things clearly including the causes of an issue as well as how to fix the issue. I would use him and recommend him again without hesitation.

Keith
Keith

Home inspection

Great service. Received the inspection report on the same day! I don’t normally leave reviews, but definitely want to recommend this company.

(Receptionist over the phone may come off a little rough around the edges, but they have good intentions.)

Trudy
Trudy

Prompt, Friendly, Thorough Home Inspection

We put a conditional offer on a house and needed to have an inspection completed within 5 business days. We called up Carson Dunlop based on our real estate agents advice, and found that booking an appointment was super easy and quick. They sent through the terms and conditions and receipt within minutes of my first phone call.

We had Sheila as our inspector, and she was prompt, and very friendly. She also was very thorough and despite COVID-19, did a quick walk-through the house with us, to identify any issues/ concerns/ and possible maintenance required in the future. She also flagged possible future concerns and offered that we could call her up when we move in if we have any further questions / concerns.
Overall, we are very happy with our experience with Carson Dunlop and would happily recommend them to family and friends.

More about Carson Dunlop & Associates Home Inspection

Carson Dunlop is a leading consulting engineering company that has been completely dedicated to the home inspection profession since 1978. We wrote the Home Reference Book on home inspection and are committed to delivering exceptional customer service, one client at a time.

We understand that a great home inspection is just the beginning, so we created our not-for-profit Homeowners Association. Carson Dunlop clients are automatically enrolled in the Association FREE of charge and receive the following benefits:

• FREE technical advice for as long as you own your home

• Access to group savings on a variety of home related products like home insurance and a Home Protection Plan, our
warranty

• Free RecallChek report on appliance recalls

• $200 in free Maintenance and Repair

• $200 in free Heating & Cooling tune-ups

• $100 Gift Card from You Move Me

• $70 Gift Card from 1-800-GOT-JUNK?

• Eligibility for our unique HOME CARE PLAN, appliance repair insurance