Cosmopolitan Mechanical Services Inc

Cosmopolitan Mechanical Services Inc

Reviews for Cosmopolitan Mechanical Services Inc

Michelle in Toronto
Michelle in Toronto

THEY WON'T STOP CALLING ME!!!!

I stopped using this company over 5 years ago. The only reason why I stayed with they for as long as I did was because Ather was awesome. Booking appointments with them was completely disorganized, there were missed appointments which I took time off work. I switched to another company and they keep on calling me for service. I told them to remove my phone number and all my information as I do not use their services any more. I blocked every single number they called me from (7 different phone numbers), and now they call me from blocked numbers. Recently, they called Sept 27, Sept 15, Sept 1, STOP CALLING ME!!!! I told the lady on Sept 15th that if I get another call, I will report to Better Business Bureau. Guess what, they already have 3 complaints and are not registered with the Better Business Bureau. I am also reported them to the anti-spam committee because I have requested every single time for them to remove me from the call list and they are not. I have been asking them for YEARS to take my name and number off of their records. I even spoke to the owner because he had called me once and STILL this has still not been fixed!!!! Incompetence.

Matthew in Toronto
Matthew in Toronto

Hot water tank repair

I had a hot water tank installed by this company, though Costco.
The tank stopped working while still within warranty.
Besides the fact it took the technician 5 days to repair, all the while my family was stuck without hot water, I was forced to pay an egregious amount of money for the repair, $500.
No communication prior to the repair was disclosed about the cost.
This repair should have been done under the warranty, but they tricked me and said i had to send the bill to Rheem to claim, which is wrong.
If you have a tank installed by them, DO NOT use their services to repair. Call Rheem first.

New furnace and A/C

My A/C broke during the heat wave. Saw the deal on Groupon and I was able to book an installation with Randy within a few days. Fantastic service at an amazing price. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Samreen Ali
Samreen Ali

Furnace Replacement

Yes I wanted to replace my 20 years old Furnace. My friend suggested me to call Cosmopolitan Mechanical Services. They are awesome. Furnace prices is as low as I could not expect. There is no hidden charges. Love to recommend others

David Reg
David Reg

What a Company

My Furnace was Broken last night. I called Cosmopolitan to replace the furnace and requested them to come at my place. James was a nice person there. He sent the Technician time and the best part technician did not suggest me to replace the unit even though I called them to replace it. He said that he always give a better suggestion. If the unit can be fixed at very low cost then why we should replace it. He guaranteed that it will last for next 2 years. He saved my money. I will highly recommend to everyone

Justin from Toronto
Justin from Toronto

Repair a gas furnace malfunction

Our furnace stopped working at end of January. We called Cosmopolitan as they installed the furnace more than two years ago. Technician came on time and provided the solution after a quick check. it was due to the gas valve malfunction. However, it took some time to get the part, and replacing gas valve did not resolve the issue completely.
The technician then did an overall check and test and found out that our air filter was too thick which blocked too much air, causing overheat in a chamber, then the sensor sent the faulty signal to shutdown the blower motor.
After changing to a new think filter, the furnace started to work perfectly.
Thanks Cosmopolitan (Randy) and technician Waqas! Your help returned the warm back to our house in such a cold winter.

Kevin in Toronto
Kevin in Toronto

Horrible Service

These guys were great when I bout a new air conditioner and good to remind you about yearly service BUT their customer service is the absolute worse. Not only did they miss a morning appointment, but when I phoned and yes I had to phone them, I was told technician would be ther in 30 minutes. This happened 3 more times! They never showed up in the end. No calls. Nothing. DO NOT USE THEM.

Kiran Bala Narh in Brampton
Kiran Bala Narh in Brampton

Pathetic service we installed AC from them in 2017 and every year AC don't start unless we call them

I had my AC unit installed by Cosmopolitan on 26th July 2017. It had a special warranty coverage for 10 years parts and labor. We always had the annual inspections done by them. Most of time, almost every year we had trouble starting our AC unit in summer. This time again it is the same thing. AC unit is on and outside compressor is on too and blowing hot air but not cooling. We called them to make an appointment 2 days back for yesterday. They are charging 160$ + tax for inspection because of COVID. Normally it 100 $. I am in healthcare profession. Government announced that we would be getting paid extra as we are frontlines but NO, we are not getting anything extra. Why are they charging extra? You come with mask and do the repair. Last year, only we needed repair done where our compressor was (outside). We put concrete on the side where the outside unit was. To only remove and hook that back outside, they charged us more than 770 $. No repair. Just to remove and hook it back. So yesterday they mentioned a tech is on the way but no one came for the next 3 hrs. and there was no communication from their side. When we contacted them, they said oh tech can't come "cause he has other delayed jobs. But at least call to mention but no. So today they mentioned after noon and now it's 4 pm. I called again. They mentioned 4-6 pm. So I'm waiting without choice. I have 3 small kids and senior people in my house. We are stuck. They are charging so much. Plus they said there is no warranty of labor for 10 years. When we have one.

Furnace and air conditioner maintenance

It is always a pleasure having Ather check our furnace and air conditioner. He explains everything he is doing and gives us good advice about what we can do ourselves in between visits

Max in Toronto
Max in Toronto

Wonderful Services

The tech that came to my house was wonderful. He did a great job with the furnace. I called them in the middle of the night so they gave me an early morning schedule for the tech to show up. The tech called me at 8 AM for the reminder that he will be visiting so it was quite a wonderful experience to see such professionalism

More about Cosmopolitan Mechanical Services Inc

Heating & Air Conditioning We are a well established company in the field of heating and cooling. We offer well-trained personnel to service your gas fired equipment from boilers to unit heaters and air conditioning to freezers. We service and install furnaces, air conditioners, exhaust, ducting, gas piping and ventilation ...
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Richmond Hill?