Enercare Home Services

Enercare Home Services

Reviews for Enercare Home Services

mischt
mischt

Installation of tankless hot water heater

change in rental fee - no charge from enercare for installation but we required a lot of work on our gas line in addition.
everyone was fantastic, especially the electrician Ric who really went above and beyond despite the job being really tricky - reaching our fuse box at the front of hte house from the back of the house.

Greg McDowell in Toronto
Greg McDowell in Toronto

Enercare Duct Cleaning was a "No Show" & Very Poor Customer Service

Last week we had booked an appointment with Enercare to have our ducts professionally cleaned. When we booked our appointment we were given a window of 11am - 4pm this past Saturday.
To prepare for the duct cleaning we removed all the duct covers and moved all the furniture for easy access for the Enercare technician. At 3;45PM on Saturday I called the same telephone number that I had used to book our appointment, the customer service agent asked me my name, address, cell number email addy for verification purposes; I proceeded to explain that we booked the appointment and waited all day but were growing concerned as it was nearly 4pm and there was no call or update. The customer service agent then told me he would have to pass my call to the service department and they would be able to assist me. I waited on hold and then gave my name, address, phone number and email addy and explained the story again, you guessed it I was told I was sent to the wrong department I needed the sales department. At this point it is now 4:10pm and I have been on the call for 25 minutes and my level of frustration was beyond. I ended up speaking with the sales department and again verified who I was and explained the story and the number of departments that I had been passed between. The agent I spoke with was very apologetic but told me he would have to pass my call back to service. I told the agent he would have to have a manager available to help me with my problems. The agent did not have a manager but he did open up a complaint file and gave me the file number and a phone number to call and this department (customer service) would definitely be able to resolve this problem and locate the missing technician. I decided to wait a few more minutes, just in the event the technician actually showed up, now it was 4:45pm. I called the number and again verified my identity and gave the agent my complaint number. The agent placed me on hold for 5 minutes and then came back and told me I would hear back in 3 to 5 business days later. I asked the agent "are you not able to call the technician or verify if he or she is okay"? The agent said they did not have the ability and she was very sorry for my inconvenience and then offered me a one month credit for our Hot Water Tank rental ( approx $12.00). I told the agent that we waited 5 hours on a Saturday and I have now been through all of these calls and you have the nerve to offer me a $12.00 credit!
I asked the agent to transfer me to her manager, she replied that she was the manager. I told her that we expected a telephone call that evening from a manager who could explain what happened, reschedule the appointment and offer us a 50% credit for the Duct Cleaning service. The "manager" responded that she could not make that determination and that someone would be calling me back. Well here we are 48 hours later and there was no call and no explanation from Enercare. We are beyond disappointed with the lack of professionalism and lack of courtesy and customer service from Enercare.
We felt that it was very important to share this with the buying public as we rely on HomeStars when sourcing services.

Jack in North York
Jack in North York
2 reviews Pickering, ON

A/C control panel

We have a service plan. They gave us Very Good Service work.
I was happy they were able to fix the problem in the same day. I will use them again.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Duct Cleaning

Very professional work, Enercare technician explained his work thoroughly. We are impressed with the work done and his attention to details. We will not hesitate to recommend their service to a friend or acquaintance.

Thank Goodness for My Protection Plan
Thank Goodness for My Protection Plan

Happy to do business with Enercare

Enercare was able to give me an appointment relatively quickly after my call. The service technician was able to diagnose the problem with my furnace and order the part necessary to fix it. He told me when I would get the part and also when he would be back to install it. Everything went as planned and he was successful at getting my furnace up and running quickly and efficiently. He certainly knew what he was doing and I am very happy with this service call especially as it was all covered by my protection plan. Thank you Fareed.

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Inside shutoff valves for outside water

Enercare came on time. Job 100% satisfaction and left without a trace of dirt or debris. Absolutely recommend the plumbing plan. Service tech was courteous, and respected my house. Appointment was easily booked and quickly.

Massimo
Massimo

Replacement of furnace

Hi. I highly recommend appreciate Enercare .
Excellent job always. Always thier when you need them . Service is always a pleasure.
Knowing that I am in good hands.
Thank you Enercare !

superlative furnace and A/C installation

First, about the cost. I don't know the cost because their services were bundled with the purchase of a new furnace and air conditioner. I entered $1 because that was the only way to post this review. These installers were terrific. They are professional. Experienced. Polite. They are smart. For example, with the furnace installation, they rerouted the venting so it takes up less room in our tiny furnace room. For the A/C installation, we found the old one had been installed right onto the dirt; they had a pad with them and when it didn't quite fit, they made it work anyway. They worked hard. They did not doddle or shirk. They took away all the debris and cleaned up. They answered all my questions. They were neat and made everything look good. Everything worked first time. Great installers.

2 Keppler Cres Come and See in Nepean
2 Keppler Cres Come and See in Nepean
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Hot Water Tank Rental Beware - Enercare is Enerthug

Enercare, aka EnerThug is a hot water tank bully. If you think you are renting a hot water tank from Enercare, aka EnerThug , think again. If you have an old hot water tank rental contract that clearly states that your hot water tank is a rental that you can return. Forget it. Your hot water tank rental is in fact a deal with the devil and you will discover this when you try to return it.

I have a hot water tank rental contract from 2010 with Direct Energy Home Service, now Enercare, aka Enerthug, which clearly states that I can return the hot water tank anytime. The Enercare website states that you can return your hot water tank rental by calling their 1-800 number. The company that sold and installed my new hot water tank and removed my Enercare rental also claimed that I can easily return my hot water tank rental. "Just call and get a cancellation number."

I called the 1-800 Enercare, aka EnerThug, number only to find out that I was dealing with a corporate mafia bully hiding behind a direct 1-800 line to hell. The call centre agents, aka corporate devil messengers, all appeared to be prepared for fighting. They were not pleasant service representatives. They all repeated the same thing like threatening loan shark enforcers, "You can not return your rental hot water tank. You have to buy it out. This is in our service agreement. The cost to buy out your 11 year old hot water tank is $500.00." All my pleading to return their rented hot water tank were ignored. The corporate devil messengers, all four of them, put me through a day of 1-800 run around hell, placing me on hold for extended periods of time, telling me that I would be called back when I wasn't, transferring me again and again, cutting me off and bullying me into agreeing to pay a buy back fee that I never agreed to. None of the agents would give me a cancelation number that I politely asked for, appearing to hold it for ransom until I paid $500.00.

You do not want to go through this nightmare. Do your best to stay out of any dealings with Enercare, aka EnerThug. If you have a Enercare, aka EnerThug hot water tank rental and enjoy tourture and being bullied, try returning your hot water tank by calling their 1-800 direct line to hell.

More about Enercare Home Services

As one of North America's largest home and commercial services and energy solutions companies, Enercare is a leading provider of water heaters, water treatment, furnaces, air conditioners and other HVAC rental products, plumbing services, protection plans and related services. With operations in Canada and the United States, Enercare serves approximately ...
Looking for Drain Services pros in Oshawa?