Enercare Home Services

Reviews for Enercare Home Services

Pi$$Ed off
Pi$$Ed off

This company is a joke

My elderly mother was contacted by Enercare saying they needed someone to come out to do maintenance on her furnace.
Someone came in to do service then left. Because of the hot weather (she also has elderly dogs) went to turn on her A/C and it did not work (nothing on the furnace is working) She called enercare to explain the the situation and that she needed someone to come out to fix it.
They said we don't have someone today we can get someone there tomorrow and the have a lot of ppl calling in because their A/C is not working.
My mother tried to explain that there was nothing wrong with her furnace before they had someone come out to do the "maintenance " when she asked to speak with the manager the guy hung up on her.
I work with customers on a regular basis and I would never hang up on someone especially because the reason of their call was because Enercate screwed up.
This is not acceptable obviously the person who came out was not trained properly. This is disgusting that she (my mother) who is elderly needs her A/C and should take priority considering this is Enercares screw up.
Worst company and customer service.

4eKMm5p0
4eKMm5p0
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Renting water heater is a mistake

After being with enercare for 7 years and paying them $3,500 for the rent, they still want $1,400 to buy out the water heater while a brand new one plus installation would never cost more than $2000. I wish I had never done such a financial mistake.

Private User reviews Gloucester, ON

Water Heater Rental-Cannot Cancel unless $$$

Wanted to change Mt 5 year old water heater to a owner purchased unit. Enercare charges more to remove it than cost of new one. Forcing owners to pay $25.55 plus tax per month.

Marvio
Marvio
1 review Nepean, ON

Predatory service

I have been renting a tankless hot water system from Enercare since 2009. Recently, I decided to cancel my service, and the entire experience has been extremely frustrating and disappointing. Here are the issues I faced:

1. Pickup Fee: Enercare charges a $75 fee to pick up the system. Alternatively, they give the option to drop it off myself, which is inconvenient and unreasonable for a rental service.

2. Disconnection Costs: I was given the choice to either disconnect the system myself or pay Enercare to do it. However, they were unable to provide a clear cost for the disconnection service, leaving me in the dark about potential additional expenses.

3. Rude Customer Support: The customer support team was rude and unwilling to help when I sought clarification and assistance regarding the cancellation process. This lack of professionalism and poor customer service is unacceptable.

Overall, my experience with Enercare has been negative. Their predatory business model and unhelpful customer support make it difficult for long-time customers like myself to cancel services smoothly. I would not recommend Enercare to anyone looking for a reliable and customer-friendly rental service for hot water systems.

Be aware.

pane
pane

Change water heater tank - pipe not sealed leaking CO

Now I understand the term - don't work with or hire subcontractors. Enercare had to change the water tank in my home but did NOT properly seal the pipe attached to the water tank. An inspector came by 6 months later and said the pipe is loose and can release CO in the air - this is dangerous. Called Enercare to have pipe sealed properly. Their sub-contractor came and placed a clamp. A week later, I got my furnace replaced and the workers told me the clamp on your water tank is loose and not sealing the water tank. They said this is dangerous, we'll place a brand new pipe for you free of charge. Enercare put my family in danger -please avoid a company that uses subcontractors.

Private User reviews Etobicoke, ON

Consistency in quality

We continue to be impressed with the high standards of customer service - from booking to job completion. Highly recommend their service plan.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

AC annual maintenance

I highly recommend Enercare for all home services . And today they send us Shineford AC technician he is so professional and he assessed our AC functions in details and measured the electric board and the furnace as well really Im happy with his performance.

Vladimir
Vladimir

Boyler repair -leaky water

In reference to the work done at 227 Snowdon Av. Toronto. M4N 2B4
Thank you for professional service and fast response.
Earl did fast and clean job. Very friendly .

Will be your costumer for years to come.

Vladimir Nkolic

Private User reviews Kanata, ON

equipment rental

I am trying for the last 10 years to cancel my water-heater rental to be able to install an tankless and more energy efficient unit. The unit I have is 18 years old and was charged $345 for buyout cost. The rental cost increased from $24 to $42 within the last 18 years without any justification. Also, Enercare did not want to take back the unit and was told to dispose of it myself instead of them recycle the unit.

Kevin
Kevin
0 reviews Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON

hot water tank replace

Shane and Nolan were on time and courteous. They were very professional and didn't leave any mess

More about Enercare Home Services

As one of North America's largest home and commercial services and energy solutions companies, Enercare is a leading provider of water heaters, water treatment, furnaces, air conditioners and other HVAC rental products, plumbing services, protection plans and related services. With operations in Canada and the United States, Enercare serves approximately ...
Looking for Drain Services pros in Oshawa?