El Cheapo Movers Ltd.

Moving & Storage
267 College Street Toronto ON M5T 1R6
Moving & Storage
El Cheapo Movers Ltd.

Reviews for El Cheapo Movers Ltd.

Lisa
Lisa

Move from house to 1 bd apartment

I hired El Cheapo to move me from a home in Durham to a small apartment in Toronto. Francisco was very friendly/courteous and skilled. The gentlemen moved everything carefully and didn't drag their feet. One other gentleman working with Francois was less careful and less courteous (for example, when I offered some cookies, he took the whole bag and walked out the door). I did give a $50 tip (maybe that was not enough?) Great basic moving service. I will mention that one piece of furniture had some minor damage, but my call to El Cheapo about it was not returned.

Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
I would ask for Francois to be on your job as he kept things under control and gave orders like "be careful of the corner" to prevent damage to your property.
Marie, yonge / st clair
Marie, yonge / st clair
3 reviews ,

moving

we had a very big moving end of november, it took them 9 hrs.
It was not easy, they had to walk a lot, then in the new house 3 floors.
They never complain, were extremely polite, worked hard, and very nice.
It was great because I was not comfortable at all because of all the bad stories you hear about moving companies.
Marie from downtown toronto.

Portia from Riverdale
Portia from Riverdale

moving into storage and into our new home

We sold our house in the Annex, put everything into storage, were in Europe for 4 months and bought in Riverdale on our return. We had 2 different crews of 4 men from El Cheapo for each move. They were all unfailingly polite and professional, (they even gave us an el cheapo t-shirt after our move-in)and both moves cost way under what we had originally budgeted.

Mark from Scarborough
Mark from Scarborough
9.8/10

Apartment to house move

El Cheapo was super, I will definitely call them again if I decide to move. Went from a 4-story walkup to a house, the guys were careful but moved with due haste. Blankets used for the furnitute in the truck. Ran a bit late that morning but I was called by the office to let us know they were coming. Great basic moving service at a great price.

Jay from Leaside
Jay from Leaside

Moving our residents

About 3 years ago I asked the daughter of one of our residents (I am an administrator in a retirement complex) for the card of her movers after I watched her mother's crew accomplish her move-in in a quiet, friendly and efficient manner.

We still recommend El Cheapo Movers to our residents and to their families not only do they provide discounts for seniors when asked, when the office staff hear the destination is a senior residence they offer a discount without prompting.

When things have gone wrong (as they inevitably will) the El Cheapo office has dealt with complaints promptly and fairly.

I have also lately discovered that many non-profit housing groups in Toronto contract with El Cheapo...a definite five stars from us!

Mary-6880
Mary-6880

moving one-bedroom apartment

I needed to find affordable movers to help my boyfriend and I move our one bedroom apartment in a three-story walk-up into another place. With us helping I didn't think it would take more than three hours and I didn't want to pay the four hour min that some companies insist on. El Cheapo didn't have the min hours and had very affordable rates. They were great. The guys showed up early and were extremely friendly and polite. They worked efficiently and nothing got broken. Remember to tip them well and provide cold beverages.

Luis from Toronto
Luis from Toronto
9.8/10

Moving

Excellent experience with El Cheapo. Fast, efficient and courteous movers. No damage to property moved. One scrap of the dry wall while moving the boxspring but they brought it to my immediate attention. Only negative was the large graffiti on the side of the moving truck.

goneone
goneone

Moving

These guys are great as they arent too big nor small and they are damn affordable. I seriously got them to move for 4 hrs for only 450 with insurance and compared that to other movers that charged me in excess of 1000 plus the insurance. Next time I move I certainly use them for sure.. Great service with no damages at all.

More about El Cheapo Movers Ltd.

Over 25 years experience moving in Toronto & GTA. Our one hour minimum charge & quarter hour billing increments ensure you only pay for the time you use. For a condo, townhouse, or full house, we have the experience & reputation to accommodate you. Winner of the Consumer's Choice Award, ...
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Toronto?