Sandgate Construction Inc

General Contractors
4 Vata Ct, Unit 17 Aurora ON L4G 4B6

HomeStars  >  Basement Renovation in King City  >  Sandgate Construction Inc  >  Years have gone by & I am still upset at this work!!!
Quality, Service & Knowledge
Quality, Service & Knowledge
17 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Years have gone by & I am still upset at this work!!!

This company charges money like they are high end but quality of work is no where near that. The subcontractors they used for flooring never installed floating floors before. My high end flooring is now chipping across their edges, it looks terrible! They also left the floor with several dents. Their cabinet company left different finishes on the same cabinets some gloss some flat, with nail holes covered in putty that’s totally visible. Worse cabinet work I have ever seen! The basement has only one heat vent for more than half the area, and fireplace is on wood panels that now show burn marks, making it’s use limited and the entire basement very cold in winter normally around 15 degrees celsius. We begged them not to use a stair company that installed our builders stairs that were so bad Tarion had them completely replaced without us asking. They still used them. They installed pickets on a slant, and had the nerve to argue when a level was put on them so show how bad they were. Wine cellar when looked at by actual wine cellar installers, was laughed at. Wrong door, wrong chiller unit (which vents into my basement not an exterior location), door not sealed, rubber lining added to inside of space not outside, etc. Yes the wine cellar company literally laughed at how bad it was! See photos, this project still has me upset at the wasted money.