Metro Wide Paving Ltd

Bobo in Scarborough
Bobo in Scarborough
1 review SCARBOROUGH, ON

Drive way and patio

Metro Wide paving did my driveway few year ago I call them again this February as we are 100% satisfied with their job and design I will recommend them.
Bobo

All the Best Bobo,

Glad we could help!!

Val & Bob     Mississauga
Val & Bob Mississauga

paving

We hired metrowide to pave our driveway and repair an existing retaining wall. The contract was signed in late july and completed november 10. The job was delayed to some degree by repairs we had done to our leaky basement. I made countless phone calls to Joe asking when the retaining wall and driveway would be completeted;
and his response was -should be there later this week-or first thing next week-but it didn't happen. When his crew did show up to repair the retaining wall,they didn't bring the tools or rebars and I had to drive to Rona and get them myself. I was frustrated by this companies lack of concern and poor communication towards us -the customer. Just a phone call either way to let the consumer know their intentions would be appreciated;and mean it.

It's too bad this client forgets to mention that we told him the wall he
hired another company to build was not very good, and that it would take
re-bars to complete properly.
It is also too bad he does not mention that we communicated very often,
and that the repair was charged at a minimal rate of $ 150.00 because
he offered to pick up the re-bars.
Tools? don't know what you are talking about, client indicated to me
personally that he was pleased with the work that had taken place,and
never indicatd any dissatisfaction.
Guess you can never make everybody happy, and maybe, mind our own
business and not commend or make suggestions to help out our client.
In this case, it did hurt us didn't it.

Joe.

Hugh in Scarborough
Hugh in Scarborough

Driving paving & side flower bed

When I first made my overtures to various companies for quotations on my new driveway project, Metro Paving was prompt and very helpful with suggestions for landscaping I had never thought of, nor had the other paving companies. From the time of the initial visit in early April before full frost had left the ground, it took some time for them to actually begin the project.

I found Joe very courteous and friendly, and he does know his business on his several visits to my place. By and large the main job of a new driveway was well done, and the idea of river rocks in the side flower bed with small bushes to be planted was brilliant. My neighbours are still complimenting us on how nice it looks.

My mixed reactions come from the added-on jobs I gave them to planting the bushes I had bought for the river rock bed next to the driveway. Intially, the crew just stuck the plastic pots in the ground and put in the river rocks. Amazing! How in the world were the roots going to break out of the plastic container and grow down?? But to their credit, the crew came back and redid the planting WITHOUT the pots and redid the stones. The other area for my mixed reaction was the side job of extending my patio with paving stones. The job was quite uneven when done, and rain water flows the wrong way toward the house then away from it. In additon, no effort was made to clean up the unused gravel, and several large unused concrete remnents were left in the back yard, which I haven't found a way to get rid of yet because of their weight.

My last area of concern is the final touch from the office. I have not yet received a proper invoice for the whole job (it is paid in full), which I need to claim for the 2009 tax renovation credit courtesy of our government. 5 phone calls and two emails to Joe and Co. but nothing yet has arrived in the mail, despite several promises.

Bottom line? My advice to anyone thinking of engaging the services of Metro Paving is that you make sure you do not pay them the final balance until FULL cleanup is done and a FULL invoice marked paid is provided.

I could have given them a 4 or 5 out of 5, but for the latter reasons, they slipped to a 3. Sorry, but these are the hard facts.

We tried Hugh, sorry we couldn't get
a higher rating.

Thanks for your review, we will strive
to improve as we always are.

Desiree in Brampton
Desiree in Brampton

We had our backyard and front walkway paved by Metrowide Paving

Approximately 5 years ago we had our backyard and front walkway paved by Metrowide Paving. Initally I contacted 4 Paving companies and my husband and I decided to hire Metrowide Paving as we took an instant liking to their Sales Representative Tom. He was very professional and his worker's did a great job. We plan on having our driveway paved in the near future and we will definitely be contacting Metrowide Paving for a quote on the job.

Thank You!!

Ralph in East York
Ralph in East York
1 review East York, ON

Driveway Paving

Paved my driveway 3 years ago and did a great job that has held up. They took out the old asphalt and the ground underneath was wet and soft. They told me to leave it dry out and harden. It took a couple of months for them to get back but once they came they did an excellent job. I think they do mainly commercial work and the odd residential. They bring a lot of heavy duty equipment to the job site and they work quickly. Good job!

A pleasure dealing with you!!

More about Metro Wide Paving Ltd

Metro Wide Paving specializes in residential & commercial asphalt/concrete & interlocking stone. We have been in business for over 30 years, and have an excellent record with our customers. We take pride in our work, and the work promised is always completed to our clients satisfaction.

Call us today for a free estimate!