Metro Wide Paving Ltd

Reviews for Metro Wide Paving Ltd

Ken in Toronto
Ken in Toronto

Professional and Reliable

Very happy I hired MetroWide to do my driveway. Its pleasant dealing with the people working in Metro Wide starting from sale (Jason), the owner (Joe) and the crews under Richard. All are very nice to deal with, very professional and reliable. Richard and his crews are efficient and focus on its tasks. The driveway is finished quickly and they clean up all the debris and even put up a tape in front of my driveway.

Appreciate your kind words!

Stay safe & be well!!

The Metro Wide Team.

SCummings
SCummings
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Great Experience and definitely recommend

Benny and his talented crew at Metro Wide paving were absolutely wonderful. After a nightmare situation with another company, they came to my rescue and did a fantastic job. They were professional, responsive, reasonable and showed quality and detail in their work. They showed respect for the property, cleaning up water bottles and putting them in recycling to meticulously sweeping the walkways. The crew was friendly and informative. I will definitely be recommending Metro Wide and using them for future projects.

Glad we were able to complete this project for you to your satisfaction.

As mentioned, please do not hesitate to contact us for anything in the future.

Appreciate your comments and glad we are able to complete this for you.

Take care & Thanks again!!

With Kind Regards,

The Metro Wide Paving Team!!

Gallina
Gallina
0 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Asphalt paving

Last year my neighbour had his asphalt and concrete done by metro wide asphalt and highly recommended him to me, I called him one month ago and his crew came and removed and replaced paved my asphalt within a month. Super happy with his service. I would totally recommend

Marlene
Marlene

Driveway repaved

Aug 2018...at time of quote, I was told that the weeds would be addressed
Nov 2018...driveway repaved
May 2019...weeds sprouting. I WhatsApped Joe. He sent his brother with a blow torch to kill the weeds and plug up the holes. More weeds throughout the summer
Oct 2019...Joe send his crew to torch again and to lay a layer of driveway sealer
May 2020...more weeds. Joe WhatsApped that he would send someone in the Fall
Oct 2020...crew came and torched again. I WhatsApped Joe that now there were cracks. He whatsApped back that he would send someone in the fall
May 2021...I WhatsApped Joe more weeds. He replied "You know the drill" I asked what about the cracks...no reply
Oct 2021...I WhatsApped Joe to ask when his crew was coming. He replied "Not this year, Spring" After a bit more of texting, I called Joe on WhatApp. He graciously took my call but...I asked him to please come before the snow fall.
*************************************************************************
In response to Joe's comments, yes, he did take my calls (called me today as a matter of fact), and yes, he sent someone 2 years in a row to plug up weed holes, so I've upped the rating to 3 stars.
I don't expect a driveway to last forever, but weeds sprouting 6 months and cracks 18 months after it being laid is not what I expected. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Thank You for your kind words!!

As per my message I just left you it does not pay to be a good person.

I spoke to you on Oct 4 where you Thanked me for taking you call!!
You asked if I could personally come to have a look at your driveway and
I told you I absolutely would!!

The driveway does not need repaving if after 3 years you have developed
a crack................and as we told you in the past it was due to tree roots. But we
still came after the warranty expired to repair the cracks, take care of any
weeds that grow from the top along the edges, not the middle of the driveway
and our contract states that the homeowner is responsible to keep edges
clear of any growth.

We did not rip you off!! The thickness of the asphalt is as promised.

Which person told you that the driveway needs repaving? Nobody! it is
perfectly fine and will last another 10 years easily!!!

We came back again and again at no cost to you long after the warranty
expired, we even applied a sealant for you at our cost...............in the end
it does not matter.............doesn't pay to be honest.

This review is only to try and hurt our company, but it doesn't because we
tried.............sometimes you just cannot please everybody and furthermore
we do not have lifetime warranties, The cracks developed after the warranty!!

With Regards,

Joe Zappia,
Principal

Daniel in Riverview
Daniel in Riverview

Driveway

I hired Joe and his team to do my driveway. I was pleased with their attention to detail and overall work. I highly recommend Metro Wide paving - they definitely will not disappoint!

A pleasure working with you!!

Stay Safe! Be Well!!

Regards,

Joe Zappia & the Metro Wide Paving Team!!

Spesh
Spesh
1 review Bolton, ON

Amazing Job

We hired them to do our driveway and front patio. Loved the work so came back to them 2 years later to do a backyard stone patio. These guys did an amazing job. Great quality. The workers were friendly and polite and very experienced. Would definitely recommend and go back to them for future projects. Thank you Metro Wide Paving.

Thank You, Appreciate your kind words.

We always strive to please all of our client's.

All the best!! Stay safe! Stay Healthy!!

Joe Zappia & The Metro Wide Paving Team!!

Brian in Toronto
Brian in Toronto

Driveway paving

Benny, Joe and crew did great job paving our driveway, extending the driveway in two areas. Benny , Joe and crew were professional, precise and efficient. They cleaned up the work area and were very courteous.
Thanks Benny and Joe and crew.

Appreciate the review.
It was a pleasure dealing with you!!
All the best.

Joe/Benny Zappia & the Metro Wide Team!!

Alex
Alex

Driveway and front patio replacement - excellent job

We hired Metro Wide to repave our driveway and replace our front patio stones. We have used Metro Wide on two previous occasions for patio stone work and had been very happy with the results. Joe Zappia not only gave us a good price, but also good advice on our project. His team did excellent work and were helpful and cheerful throughout, even in the heat and humidity! The driveway and patio look great. I recommend Joe and Metro Wide Paving for driveway and patio work. Alex and Michelle Young

Thank You Alex & Michelle!!

A true pleasure as always.

Please do not hesitate to stay in touch should you require anything.

Be Safe & Stay Well!!!

With Kind Regards,

Joe Zappia,
Principal.

Angela
Angela

On time and great job!

Joe’s team at Metro Wide did a fantastic job. 5 men with professional equipment finished the job in no time. The borders were very straight lines and the surface is a smooth. Very happy.

A pleasure to deal with you!!

Thank you for everything, please do not hesitate to
contact our office if we can be of any assistance to you!!

Be safe & Stay well!!

Kindest Regards,

Metro Wide Paving Ltd.

Joseph Zappia,
President.

Michael in Toronto
Michael in Toronto

Terrible workmanship.. laid asphalt too thin and cracking badly!

I hired Metro Wide Paving to pave my drive way and do my interlocking around my house.. they failed to do a good job and even a decent job… the workmanship is bad and I would avoid hiring this company for asphalt and interlocking landscaping work..
beginning with the asphalt.. they did it in the fall and within a few months, I noticed it beginning to crack badly in one corner of my drive way.. I later called a company that deals driveways to see if it could be repaired.. his answer was that it needed to be repaved.. I asked why, he said it was laid too thin and that’s why it was cracking.. removing a large loose chunk from the corner, he showed me that it was less than 2 inches deep and therefore designed to crack and break off.. laying asphalt thin is bound to crack.. I tried to fill in the cracks with a caulking spread but the cracks keep expanding and get worse.. Also, the workers showed up late that fall day after promising me a early visit… it was getting dark and I could not see the work.. The next day, the asphalt was bumpy, clumps of rock patches we’re in various spots and not smooth whatsoever.. I told the Joe the owner about my concerns, and he said it was the same stuff they used to pave roads… i told him I paid for the smooth stuff and not the cheap rocky road asphalt.. he continued to say it was the top quality stuff they have.. they likely had leftover asphalt from a road repair job they did before coming to my place.. I was very upset with Metro Wide.. as for the interlocking work, too many problems to write about.. I would pass on hiring Metro Wide paving located in Vaughan, Ontario.

What you should do Michael from Toronto is tell me where you live so I could personally
look at your driveway & Interlock that has too many deficiencies to discuss and let me assess it properly.
If you do not want to give your address away in this forum please contact me at: 416.605.8776.

The accusations you are making here are pretty wild!! I have never been accused of laying asphalt
down too thin, The comments you make about having asphalt left over from another job is also
a foolish one and, speaking about rocky road asphalt sounds like you are looking for ice cream!!!!

Asphalt comes in different grades, saying that you paid for the "smooth" stuff is also erroneous!
there isn't that much difference from HL 3 to HL3A (maybe $ 1.00 per tonne)

Why would you not call me if you saw a crack, you have a warranty for twelve months!!

Nowhere in your complaint do you say that we did not return calls or we refused to come by and have a look
at this work and address your concerns.

I don't have a single review like this, sounds a little far fetched & I am willing to take you up to task!

Why would you contact another " driveway person" before contacting me, what do you think our
competition would say..........erroneously I might add, asphalt does not crack only because it is too thin,
and if it is less than 2"there are many other factors.

If after my visit this job is as horrible as you say I will be happy to complete this project all over
again at ZERO cost to you.

Let us see now if you will contact me, because if you don't I will keep writing on this forum that
you never did contact us and that this review should be removed from our file!!

I don't ever remember speaking with you about this matter because if you would have called us
we would have taken care of this.

At least when everything is said and done I would like you to come back to this forum and tell
the people what actually happened and what actions the company took, accurately!!!

I await your response.

More about Metro Wide Paving Ltd

Metro Wide Paving specializes in residential & commercial asphalt/concrete & interlocking stone. We have been in business for over 30 years, and have an excellent record with our customers. We take pride in our work, and the work promised is always completed to our clients satisfaction.

Call us today for a free estimate!