Metro Wide Paving Ltd

Reviews for Metro Wide Paving Ltd

Arnold
Arnold

Asphalt Driveway & Interlock Walk

I hired Metro Wide in 2018 to replace my driveway and install an interlock walk. The work was done on time and I was very satisfied with the way it all looked. The next summer we developed a few cracks in the driveway. Joe the owner quickly sent out a crew to fix the issue. The following year, the driveway had began to sink a bit on the side that had been widened. Joe came out to look at it and offered to replace the entire side of the driveway that had some issues at no charge. This was two years after the original work had been done. This summer, I had a few blocks on the front porch settle a bit to develop a bit of a gap between the stones. Again Joe sent out a crew to fix this at no charge after nearly three years. I must say that I have never worked with a company like Metro Wide Paving before that stands behind their work and will resolve any issue three years after the original work has been completed . I highly recommend Metro Wide as they truly care about the work they do and back it up with action to resolve any issues.

Appreciate your kind words,

This is what you have to do to maintain trust in this business.

We always strive to keep our clients satisfied...........long after
the service has been completed.

Take Care!!

With Regards,

Rob from Toronto
Rob from Toronto

Asphalt Driveway and Garage Pad Concrete Repair

Super happy with service and result. Benny, Joe and the team were a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. In an industry that has many questionable characters, it was refreshing to work with a true group of professionals. They are responsive, timely and do excellent and efficient work. Would use them again without question. Great job guys and appreciate wonderful service.

Cheers
Rob

Hello Robert & Thank you for your kind words.

We always aim to please & during this pandemic
it is another challenge level!!

Thank you for your encouragement as we travel
along, all the best to you, stay safe & be well!!

With Kind Regards,

President

Agnes in Toronto
Agnes in Toronto

Sideyard and Backyard Interlocks and steps

This is the 3rd time we have engaged the services of Metro Wide Paving Ltd and we have always been impressed with their work and professionalism. The Company truly takes quality and customer service seriously.

Joe and his son Benny are very knowledgeable with what they do, easy to talk to, very accessible, and they price reasonably. And we have good words too for their team. They came in before 8am, didn’t take long breaks, were very respectful of their surroundings, and cleaned up before they wrap up the day. What I especially like about them is how flexible they were and how they went beyond the scope of work just to make sure that we were satisfied with the outcome. That to me is supreme customer service.

And I absolutely had no issues about payment. They required only a small amount of down payment, and the balance was paid after they were done with the job. I also didn’t have any problems with schedule. In fact, they started the project earlier than I expected, and completed on time.

Thank you Joe and Benny, and to your team Ryan, Nick, Patrick and Tom. Till our next project.

Thank You Agnes as always!!

A pleasure working with you.

We really appreciate your kind words and your
review about our company, it keeps us going!!

Take care & stay safe!!

All the best,

The "Team" at Metro Wide Paving Ltd.

Todor in Toronto
Todor in Toronto

Parking Lot

Very satisfied with the Metro Wide Paving company. Giving our highest recommendation.

Our church chose the company from four others due to best customers reviews at the time. Joe came and explained the process of the work and the quality and features of the product to be used, and stayed in touch with us by phone at all times, to keep us informed.

Attached photos: you see the stairs the company did for us; the process of excavating the old paving and putting the new one; and the finished product.

Quote was given in May 2020, but due to delays at our end job was completed in May 2021. To our good surprise, Joe honored his word and paved as per quote from 2020, even 12 months later. The company put highest quality asphalt, using 53 tones to cover 12000 sq. ft. with two layers, totaling 20cm/8in.

Crew worked fast, efficiently, effectively, and completed the work in stated period of time, covering 12000sqft. They too kept us informed at all times about the work and the process. They work clean, fast, effectively and efficiently, and are very friendly. Teamwork is key to their success.

The parking lines company came as soon as the work was done, explained what will be done, and completed the job overnight.

The company also did the stairs and landings, and ramp for wheel-chair accessibility; the overall work is very well done and looks impressive.

Recommending them highly for their work.

Todor,

Thank you very much for your kind words!!

It was an absolute pleasure to deal with you
and Yuri.

Glad you are all happy with the end product.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you
require any further assistance.

Be well & Keep Safe!!

With Kind Regards,

Poor Job, Quick to Collect

They visited, understood the job (pave driveway and install stone walkway.)
Day of job, they called to add $1,000 to cost based on dealing with buried concrete. We had clearly explained at time of quote.
The walkway was installed with stones recommended and provided by contractor. After six months, they were all crumbled.
Asphalt never hardened. After two years, a bicycle kickstand sinks in on a warm day.
Contrator was at the door for payment before 8:00 on Saturday, the day after the shoddy job, promising that the soft Asphalt would be fine.

Let me just make sure that I have this straight.

We were paid after completion of the job the way we stated in our agreement.

Our contract stipulates clearly that if any concrete is found underneath the
asphalt there are extra costs that will be incurred. (unfortunately we cannot
know sub soil conditions until you begin with the removal process and if the
you would have told us there was concrete to be removed we would have charged
you the extra at that time. ( We are respecting our agreement.)

Now this is where I get a little confused............if your contractor supplied us with stones
and now they are crumbled why is it our fault?

Finally, as you so accurately stated, your bicycle kick stand made a dent on the asphalt
on a hot day.

Let me educate you on asphalt, it is a pliable material, in warm weather it will always move.

If your kick stand dents the asphalt in November, I would say the material is faulty, but if
it happens when the weather is hot, this is absolutely normal.

Anytime you place blunt objects on asphalt in warm temperatures you must put a piece
of plywood to support the weight evenly. (I.E. ladders, chairs, tables, kickstands, etc.)
If you would be so kind and provide us with your address we would be more than happy to visit
your home and repair those dents, it will take no time at all and will cost you nothing.

If you do not want to put your address or information on this forum, please contact me directly
at: 416.605.8776- I am the the owner of the company- Joe Zappia I will take care of it A.S.A.P.

With Warm Regards,

Brinsi Moniz
Brinsi Moniz

Driveway pavement

Joe was super awesome to deal with. He is very friendly and on point with his date and service. He did an amazing job on my driveway, I will strongly recommend him to anyone!!

A pleasure doing business with you.!!

Be Safe!

Stay Well!

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Concrete job doesn’t last

Had concrete work done. The side of the house, stairs and the front of the house. The concrete is cracking after two years. Every stair has cracked. The side of the house has big cracks. After one year we had a few cracks but now after two years we have many cracks. I will have to replace this concrete.

Dear Ma'am,

Your concrete does not have to be redone.

The pictures you have shown actually prove it.

I don't think they hurt my company, they actually
help.................only your review hurts and is totally
not fair or indicative of my company!!!

There is no shifting of the concrete, they are mere
hairline cracks.

The concrete has not shifted in a way that it is a
tripping hazard, you are showing fine cracks at
the bottom of a step that has been parged!!

There is no company with a good conscious that will
recommend that the concrete has to be redone, it
just isn't true.

If you could produce a document from an engineer
that says the concrete work was not completed correctly
or is a hazard and has to be re-done, I will come back and
do it myself.............that's how certain I am.

I discussed this with you when you called this winter,
there is nothing to be done with these "minor" hairline
cracks, you concrete will last another 15 years!!!

Please advise if you would like to take me up on this
offer.

My number is: 416.605.8776- Joe Zappia.

Thank You.

Aron in Toronto
Aron in Toronto

Asphalt, stone and conrete

Pricing was competitive. Timing, communication and customer relations/loyalty could improve. Work completed in Fall '18; Asphalt driveway, concrete walkway, interlock patio and block retaining wall. Concrete walkway and interlock patio has held up okay after two years.

For the record,

everything is perfect without any defects, I personally visited the site two weeks ago.

The only issue is with the retaining wall that runs parallel to the sidewalk, it has shifted
for two reasons, it was hit by a vehicle, by your own admission, the tree roots are the
other reason.

As I discussed with you the same wall that runs parallel to the driveway has not moved!

I also discussed options with you and told you I would be more than happy to help you
out, you just recently told me to go ahead with the resetting of the wall as originally
discussed, I was going to do this is a good gesture, long after the warranty has elapsed.

Not so sure this is going to happen anymore.

This is what you get for trying to be a good guy, we were constantly communicating, told
you that there were no issues, that I never turn my back on anybody, you have my personal
email and mobile #, I have always been available to discuss this with you.

Your rating is not fair and this is one of the problems I have with this forum, its very easy
to try and tarnish a company's reputation unfairly, even long after the warranty period.

But, I believe when a potential client reads through these reviews, they have never seen
the complaint that they felt they were ripped off or that the job was not completed as promised.
This is very important to me.

We will keep doing what we do, that is what has made us successful, and not let one apple
spoil the whole bunch.

Regards,

John M
John M

Driveway replaced like new

We had gotten 3 quotes on work required that were very high in price, an indication that those quoting were not really interested. Also did not hear back from a couple of them so not too happy until Metro Wide Paving came along. From dealing with Jason on the quotes and follow ups to having Rich and the crew come do the work, they were professional and explained the process and what was involved.

The old driveway was ripped out very quickly and without any issues. When Joe called to arrange for the new ashphalt to be laid, he was good with pushing it out another 3 weeks as we had more work being done with our landscaping and didn't want too many things happening at once.

Very happy with the whole process and the professional work and conduct.

In this challenging year with material availability due to this pandemic, we appreciated your patience.

In the end we completed the work to your satisfaction and we always communicated
with you!

Thank you for your kind words, we really appreciated it!!

Be well! Stay safe.

Regards,

Daniel
Daniel

Our curb and driveway

Metro Wide did an amazing job On our driveway. Did 8” curbs with 2 foot concrete step on the sides and asphalt in the middle. Joe and his crew were professional, reliable, punctual and a pleasure to deal with. High recommend them.

A pleasure doing business with You!!

Stay safe, be well!!

More about Metro Wide Paving Ltd

Metro Wide Paving specializes in residential & commercial asphalt/concrete & interlocking stone. We have been in business for over 30 years, and have an excellent record with our customers. We take pride in our work, and the work promised is always completed to our clients satisfaction.

Call us today for a free estimate!