Orkin Pest Control

Reviews for Orkin Pest Control

Jess
Jess
0 reviews Delta, BC

Poor service, multiple no-shows, mis-information

I first called ORKIN Canada last fall because we had a problem with squirrels in our attic. First they sent the wrong technician who didn't have the materials or the expertise to deal with our problem (though he was very polite and apologetic).
The next technician no-showed twice and then came on a day and at a time when he didn't say he would come.
Fast forward several months of unreturned phone calls and lack of follow-through from ORKIN, and I find out, from another pest control company, that we are now in a 6-month time-window during which squirrels are protected and require special permits and skills to be humanly removed. So now I have to wait until next fall to have this situation resolved.
Look elsewhere for your pest control needs, my experience with ORKIN Coquitlam is that they are unreliable, dishonest and unethical.

Faruk
Faruk

Cheap price, cheap service

We initially hired Orkin Canada to come and do an inspection for bed bugs and they claimed to have seen an infestation in our sofa. This was after I told them that’s where I was bit.

Then we decided to go with another company for a treatment based on their great home stars review and reasonable prices. This other company came to our home today (Nov 20,2021) and started with an inspection and found absolutely no evidence of any bed bug activity. The “infestation” that Orkin observed turned out to be just some dried up food. The other company did a very thorough inspection flipping over all the sofas (unlike Orkin) and confirmed no bed bug activity anywhere. I don’t recommend hiring Orkin. In my opinion they are a dishonest company that is just trying to make a quick buck off of people’s fears.

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Never came back

I had some mice in me attic. Called orkin the tech came over and i paid him to start the process. He said ill be back in two weeks. It’s been over a month and never heard back. Sorry i ever dealt with them

Cindy in Toronto
Cindy in Toronto

Failure to exterminate and double billing

Working with Orkin was incredibly frustrating. I should have known when it would take literally hours to get through their phone lines on hold. I finally switched to email so that only took days for communications.

The only reason I am giving them 2 stars is because the people who came to service my home were courteous. It's not their fault they work under terrible management.

I own and manage several rental homes and had a few mice issues this year at 3 different homes. The billing was the same for 2, but double for a third. I was finally promised I would be repaid for the oversight after months of badgering yet no repayment has been obtained.

I was also billed for a property and promised a warranty which despite them coming back several times to remedy the mice situation, they never ever eradicated them and I have now had to call yet another exterminator.

Needless to say... I am extremely dissatisfied with Orkin and would never recommend them. Just because they have a popular name, doesn't mean a thing.

Pesky ant problem finally solved.

We live in a 100 year old home. We have also been home to parades of ants surging every two or three years. We have a duplex. The upper is rented to tenants. This was really a problem for them until Orkin did their programme. Once Orkin came to visit us, the ant colonies were poisoned month after month, until they no longer were an issue. The tenants were happy that something professional, and effective was finally done.

Mike Ghassemi from Caledon
Mike Ghassemi from Caledon
1 review Caledon, ON

Orkin is a terrible company

I had them scheduled to come in last year for mice control and few issues with bugs. They cancelled their first visit and rescheduled when we were away. They had our housekeeper sign a $500 plan without our authorization. I still gave them the benefit of the doubt. So here what followed:

They cancelled scheduled visits 4 times through the coming contracted year. As another reviewer mentioned they lack phone manners when you call. Our dog will answer the phone better with all due respect! Rude and obnoxious!

Mice & bug problems they were hired to deal with never went away. Searching now for professionals to do the job!

Also they didn't respond to my last voice mail message. Save your money and hire someone else!

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Orkan pest control

Orkan is the worst pest control company. Never go with them.
The person who answer from the phone is unpleasant et treat you very badly.
The cost of the treatment is very expensive and the technician are incompetent.

What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Mike  in Toronto
Mike in Toronto
1 review London, ON

Flea extermination!

I had quite the flea infestation here in London. At first I had to call them back due to an incomplete job. Sprayed for adults only,no ( I G R) at all. So the eggs hatch and we start over again.
So I called back and complained like crazy! I had to.
I received a call from the area manager, Bruno. The man explained to me that I was indeed right. And that he would come over and have a look. He said he would make it right this time and he did.
He set up a time and was right on. He came back n and did it right!

It seems that I'm going to have to call Bruno back as I have a full flea infestation. I put a call out to him on Saturday. This will be the third time Orken has been here! Fleas are bouncing off me all over.
I need Bruno from London, the area manager. Situation greatly underestimated!

Anthony from Toronto
Anthony from Toronto

Wasp Nests

Both my neigbour and I had wasps in and around our front porches, as they had made nests in cracks in the mortar between the bricks at the front of our homes... I noticed that a few wasps got through to my basement. The wasp spray that I got at the store was ineffective, so it was time for professional help.

Ahvid (I believe) from Orkin came by and assessed both wasp sites, and decided to only charge me, but not my neighbour, as the likelihood of success for my neighbour was low, based on the location of the wasp nest on his front porch. Ahvid applied a pesticide spray and powder, and the wasps were gone in a few hours! Ahvid also treated the site on my neighbour's home without charge.

Ahvid was very knowledgeable, advising me that all the wasps would be gone in a few weeks once the temperature falls, and that I should then fill in any cracks with caulking, as the wasps cannot eat through it. I appreciate Ahvid's honesty, knowledge and effectiveness in dealing with my wasp issue.

jufeng
jufeng
14 reviews Ottawa, ON

Mice control

Orkin is completely useless. The technician was not trained. He did not have a ladder, and did not have calking tools. All he did was to place a few boxes of poison in the house. When we told him that we didn't want poison in the house and that dead mice trapped behind walls might stink up the house, he told me mice would climb in the boxes and would die and dry up in them (this turned out to be complete false).

A couple of weeks later, we had this horrible smell in one area of our basement. The smell got so bad that the house was barely inhabitable. We contacted Orkins, and asked that they do something about the smell. It took a few phone calls to get the company to finally send someone. He put a very strong air fresher in the basement to cover the smell, and removed all the poison boxes.

It took three months for the smell to finally completely go away, but we continued to have mice in the house. When I called Orkin again, another technician to our house. When I asked him to check the roof to locate mouse entries, this one said he did not have a ladder to climb up. What is with these technicians not having ladders :)
He brought the same boxes filled with green colored poisons and was going to place them in my house. I asked him to leave our house.

We contacted another pest control company, which did proper proofing of the house and now, no more mice.

More about Orkin Pest Control

Orkin Canada brings together more than a century of expertise garnered at Orkin and a half century of experience in Canadian pest control from PCO Services. We are proud to serve neighbourhoods and businesses across Canada, providing pest control services you can trust.
Looking for Pest & Animal Control pros in Toronto?