College Pro Painters

Vinay in Ajax
Vinay in Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Complete House and Deck Painting

A very dissatisfying experience. Kovi the Franchise owner is a smooth talker, he has no concept of Keeping up the schedule, he and his painter are fly by night affair and did a very shoddy and hatchet execution. We were promised that the deck would be power washed and then painted, let alone power wash, it was very badly painted and left half way. Tried to contact Kovi , but since we paid, as seniors, complete payment, no response and his voice mail did not accept messages.
The walls painted showed the streaks and difference in Paint. We were charged for Better paint but Kovi did not show us what better paint was?
We regret to say that we will not recommend this establishment to anybody, specially seniors as service was pathetic and a hatchet job. The painter were either rude or did not speak English to explain them anything, lack of Communication.

Private User reviews Thunder Bay, ON

Paint

College pro was hired to strip the front deck and repaint due to peeling paint. The job was completed and within months the paint was already starting to peel up but due to "no warranty on decks" this service was not warrantied. It is a small deck that does not get used (rear door for access to the house). For the amount of money that was paid for the 6' X 5' deck I am very unsatisfied and would not recommend them whatsoever. Poor workmanship and poor quality of paint used.

Elaine in North York
Elaine in North York
2 reviews North York, ON

Outdoor Painting

I had placed a work order for getting painting done. Commitment was to start 1st week of June. The franchisee Cavin also have cashed my deposit cheque in May. I followed up and called the 1-800-465-2839 College Pro No. After 2 days of calls I was told that Cavin is no longer with the company and they will find 'Duncan' who replaces Cavin to call me. After another 4 days, no response. I asked to have Duncan's manager to give me a call. Never heard from him either.

The agent at the 1-800 number is polite but can't really do anything for you. So don't think a number there will get you anywhere.

Very frustrating..... very poor service. If they can't manage to return calls, can College Pro Painters know how to run the business and get the work done?

Think twice before you call College Painter Pro. I am prepare to cancel the Work Order. Just want to contact someone to return my deposit so that I can move on.

Elaine, so sorry to hear about your experience to day -- definitely sounds like some wires got crossed on our end, and we'd like to do better. You can expect a call today from our General Manager in your area.

Private User reviews Simcoe County, ON

Tremendously Poor Paint Job on our Entire House

I wanted to express a review of the College Pro service we have received at our house. We chose College Pro to paint our entire house about 5-7 years ago. I want to let you know that the service we have received at our house was fell tremendously short of our expectations. Students were unwilling to move and tape areas of the house and as a result, coloured paint has spilled over the walls. Furthermore, painters were not conscious of painting half of the room and leaving the rest completely white. For example, my laundry room - they only painted the exposed area of wall but not the area behind the laundry machine, leaving half of the wall blank. We only noticed this after we replaced our laundry machines. All of the washrooms with mirrors - the wall behind the mirrors were left untouched. Even worse, our furniture now has paint on it and is now ruined.

marta h. from Old Toronto
marta h. from Old Toronto

outdoor deck and house trim

i needed to paint trim on the outside of my home as well as stain a new cedar front porch. i liked the idea of supporting students and figured the job wouldn't be too difficult. but i was wrong. the kids were sweet and eager but the work was terrible. rushed. zero attention to detail (no taping, paint on brick, huge chunks missed, etc.) and they didn't bother cleaning up after themselves. they screwed up the staining of the porch so badly (drips and streaking) that we were forced to sand and paint over in solid colour to hide the damage.

college pro high park: good in theory but terrible in practice. think twice before you buy!

Seema from Toronto
Seema from Toronto

Basement Painting

I selected College Pro specifically for their reputation and professionalism. My parents have had a series of renovations done by disreputable contractors. I did not want them to deal with another. There were various problems with the service that we received from Parissa's Enterprise (416) 219-0851 :
*Parissa did not call me to arrange the initial estimate after I phoned the 1-800 number, I had to call the 1-800 number again 2 days later to find out what happened
*Parissa placed a sign out front and asked if it was ok only when questioned about it.
*Parissa told us and is evidenced in Interior Proposal #15924 that the following would be done:
1) wipe down of all soiled surfaces (not done)
2) full scruff sand to wood area (not done)
3) all doors would be included (only two out of three were done)
4) clean-up would occur everyday and in full upon job completion (the area was not cleaned up everyday and there was still paint left in areas such as the carpet after job completion)
5) experienced staff would be sent to the site (one person was sent for two days who began by using the wrong roller and applying the primer on too thinly on one and a half rooms until told to change by Parissa [those walls were promised to be painted till covered and were not re-done]. There were two other painters sent the final two days, one of which was completely inexperienced.)
6) the job was supposed to last 1 to 2 days (it took 4 days with a total disregard for our time)
Parissa had my numbers on the contract. She would either call the wrong number or not call at all. I found her distracted both on the phone and in person. Even though she was told several times that I did not live at the address contracted, she still seemed surprised that I was not there and could not be there daily. Her responses to the final inspection were both rude and contrary.
After being strong armed by her manager, I paid her even more money for incomplete work and then had to pay another person to do two more coats professionally.

chap2501@gmail.com from Montreal
C. 1.
1 review Montreal, QC

Paint 2 bedroom apartment

Overcharged ...no trim work or doors windows..one colour
2 men Four hours
Stay away from this company...no followup from management.
Money had to be paid same day despite my concerns...BEWARE!

CP from Toronto
CP from Toronto

Painiting

We felt we were grossly overcharged for the quality of the work on this large exterior job.

College Pro said it would take 3-5days to complete the work, as did all other quotes. The two guys that came and did the work, had completed it in one long day. The paint was literally slapped on, with very little prep to surfaces. Lots of windows were left with paint on them.

We asked Kelly to return and inspect the work - and she sent the painters back to repaint. But we are still not happy with the finishing.

We had reservations about using "college pro' because we wanted a trade painter, but we were recommended Kelly at College Pro from our usual painter who was booked up. The quote provided wasn't much less then other quotes - but we trusted the recommendation so went with College Pro. Big mistake!!

Final point: We were charged over $1000 extra because we used two paint colours on the exterior. I asked for an explanation of this, and never received an answer.

I will not be using them for future work.

Jake Goldstein from Toronto
Jake Goldstein from Toronto

Painting

I called College Pro to get my bathrooms painted in the house. They offered me an inexpensive price and did a fairly decent job, however not to meticulous in their procedures as they walked in my house with dirty shoes and dirtied my carpet. If they were a little cleaner around the edges I would give a 10, overall decent job

Looking for Paint & Wallpaper Contractors pros in Toronto?