Cabinet Refinishers

Reviews for Cabinet Refinishers

Anita
Anita

Painting of existing cabinets

We would not recommend hiring this company. Top 3 reasons, are 1. The cupboards were not delivered within a reasonable window of time that we agreed on (3 weeks late). 2. The product was defective, (painted was chipped on delivery and colours don't match). 3. Customer service was terrible. We hired Greg to paint our cabinets after our neighbour had used him and we read the reviews on Homestars. Unfortunately, our experience was terrible. It is a very long saga that started more than a year ago. Initially , we were told the process would be completed in 3 weeks . After 8 weeks , the doors were not returned . To date, our cabinets are different colours and we had to send them back 3 times because of when they were delivered and installed, there were chips and areas that were missed with the sprayer. Greg never returned phone calls. He claimed he was out of cell phone range and his most valued employee ( James ) was the one we dealt with . Greg had a problem with his sprayer and he didn't tell us (thru James) until the 3rd time we returned some of the cupboards. He had multiple excuses. We were very patient and tried to be understanding. We asked for 50% of our money back to repaint the cupboards, with someone else, so they were the same colour and he said he would repay us. He said he didn't have the money and asked if he could do it in instalments. We said yes. We received one payment in April 2016 and haven't heard from him yet regarding the remainder. I told him I didn't want to write a negative review and he told me he would pay me whether I wrote one or not because he gave me his word that he would pay us. That was in May. I contacted him again in July, no word. We started this project May 2015 so beware if you are considering use Greg.

Dr. Tony Jauhal in Mississauga
Dr. Tony Jauhal in Mississauga

kitchen overhaou;

Mr. Greg Gamble and his team are amazing. I was in Florida and and Mr. Gamble and his team delivered exactly what my wife and I wanted. Please google me and call me for his reference.

The challenges we met and overcame as we transformed your kitchen are half the reason we love doing this Tony. And you and your lovely family are the other reason. Thank you for trusting us without knowing us, with your gorgeous home, while you were away. And Im grateful for the review that says it all. Looking forward to that BBQ together sometime! Greetings to your family.

Wendy from Downtown Toronto
Wendy from Downtown Toronto

Kitchen and Bathroom

Greg and his team are the nicest people. I contacted him for a quote and he quickly responded. And then started the work almost immediately. I have a condo rental unit with dated cabinetry. Since it is a rental, I didn't want to spend a lot of $$$ so this solution worked out perfectly. They look fantastic as you can see in photos. I will definitely recommend them to all my family and friends. I can't say enough good things about them. I am very happy with the results :)

Thank you Wendy, for your trust and for a pleasant venture together.

Kate and John in Toronto
Kate and John in Toronto
1 review Uxbridge, ON

Kitchen facelift

Greg and his team were terrific from start to finish. Greg was quick to respond to my initial contact (very important with me) and was very detailed in what the process would entail, length of time it would take, and a firm quote. He even connected us with a previous customer so we could view his work! Everything went as described, they were on time, showed great attention to detail and suggested a number of things to enhance the project. We are thrilled with our "new" kitchen and would highly recommend Cabinet Refinishers. 10 out of 10 without question!

thanks Kate and John. It was a pleasure to get to know you, and help you out.

Fantastic Attention to Detail

Greg was delightful . . . a quick email to Greg late at night, leading up to Christmas and he responded within hours. Greg managed to swing by and provide a quote that week, and once we picked a colour we were on the way. Not only was Greg and his team neat, attentive, and punctual, but he provided some good tips on how to ensure we got the best results. The team's attention to detail was uncanny, even going the extra mile to reinforce my new sink. I would recommend Cabinet Refinishers in a heart beat.

I have to chuckle. Now you have people thinking I work late at night and over Christmas! :-)
Well, I do sometimes actually.
Im very glad we were able to help during that busy season.

Custom cabinet painting

I found this company through home stars and am so glad that I did! Greg was amazing from start to finish. We had custom cabinet doors, panels, mouldings, and toe kicks made for our ikea kitchen. They were completely raw maple and we hired Greg to paint them for us. Originally, we planned to paint them ourselves, but for the time, space and money it would have cost us, I am so happy that we hired Greg to do it for us. It was a stress-free and very quick process. Greg was extremely reliable and made us feel at ease. He has a good eye for colours and lighting and will even offer his professional opinion which we really appreciated. Greg kindly offered complimentary pick ups and deliveries and worked with our busy schedules. The final product exceeded our expectations. Thank you Greg for everything. We will definitely recommend you to our friends and neighbours and hope to work with you again ourselves in the future!

Looking forward to meeting again Kristen.
It was a pleasure to work together.

1 review Whitby, ON

Home library builtins

I am so happy with how my builtins came out! Greg and his team did an awesome job. Their attention to detail really shows in their work. I already have more work lined up for them in the future!

built ins are an extra challenge and Im extra pleased they turned out so well.
Im glad your happy and awaiting our next project together. cheers

Kathy in Oakville
Kathy in Oakville
7 reviews Burlington, ON

Kitchen Cabinets

I wish there was a rating of more than 10 because Greg and James deserve a 20 !!!!! I am the most fastidious person you could ever meet and they have exceeded my expectations. Greg is in constant contact with you and he makes you feel special and listens to every need and gives some very solid advise. Do yourself a favour and do NOT contact anyone other than Cabinet Refinishers. They are simply the best. I truly, truly mean that.

Kathy. You told me right from the start that you were very picky, and I told you I am too, which in my mind, makes for good teamwork. And indeed your cabinets presented a few challenges, not to mention paint manufacturers failure. But together, with you patience and trust, we won. You were delightful. cheers Greg

Patricia in Etobicoke
Patricia in Etobicoke

Kitchen Cabinet Painting

I hired Greg to paint my kitchen cabinets a good 5 years ago. He was a pleasure to work with, was trustworthy and his attention to detail and quality of work was outstanding. I was in the middle of a massive home renovation and he was one of the only people that I hired that I could rely on. Five years later, I am here to tell you all that not only has his work withstood the test of time and 2 young children, but the cabinets look just as good as they did back then. I continue to receive compliments and have recommended Greg and his work a million times over. Look no further than Greg and Cabinet Refinishers. You will not be disappointed!

All I can say is a huge thank you Patricia! I dont often go back to customers homes after we finish, so its a rare treat to hear that our work has stood the test of time.
And you will be happy to know the products available today are even better than the ones we had 5 years ago.
It was a genuine pleasure to work with you then, and it would be an honour to do so again. cheers

Mr. M from Pickering
Mr. M from Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Kitchen Modernization

Do not, do not look for any other company. Cabinet Refinishers and the Gamble team are professional, reasonable, and their work is outstanding. I still have this vision of Greg (owner) chatting with my wife about the colour chosen (from cinnamon oak to espresso), wow did the Gamble team come through with a rich alluring colour that totally transformed the kitchen. If I were to do this again, without hesitation or concern, I would hire them. If your kitchen has solid/sound cabinets, forget refacing, its not worth the cost, consult with the Gamble team first. Folks, pay attention to one detail... this company has received 10's from 99% of the review... do you really need any more push to contact this company. Thanks greatly to Greg and his team.

You are very welcome. Thanks also for mentioning refinishing vs refacing. It represents huge cost savings and time.
And I have to be honest about the colours. Modern paint chemistry is nothing less than revolutionary, and getting better in many way. I couldn't do as well a job without them.
cheers

More about Cabinet Refinishers

Cabinet Refinishers is proud to announce we just passed our 10th year with Homestars! We build, modify, rebuild, reface, spray paint or stain existing kitchen & bathroom cabinets, bookshelves and similar products. We supply & install all kitchen hardware such as a variety of garbage pull outs, new soft close ...
Looking for Kitchen Planning & Renovation pros in Markham?