Straight Up Masonry

Reviews for Straight Up Masonry

Beth B from Old Toronto
Beth B from Old Toronto

Brick repair on 100 year old house

A neighbour had hired Straight Up for pillar rebuild and recommended them. My house had many decaying bricks, leaking around the top row of bricks (row lock) on the first story and a potentially bad pillar. If I recall correctly, my first enquiry via their website Contact page was not answered, but when I emailed directly Crystal returned my email promptly, Tony came to inspect and I had a quote the next day. A work date window was arranged after I made a 20% deposit. This was reasonable as they are booking 2-3 months ahead. Unnecessary work was not done- the pillar just needed bricks replaced. The crew was extremely professional, polite and competent. They arrived at 7AM and cleaned up and were gone by 3PM for 3 days. The work is good and as described in the quote. Communication with the masons, Crystal and Tony was excellent- I would hire Straight Up again and recommend the company without reservation.

Thank you Beth for the review.
We love it when neighbours refer us to others in their neighbourhood
Glad you are pleased with the work
Thanks again

Brick Chimney Stack Removal

We found the Straight Up employees to be very friendly.
Our crumbling brick chimney stack, which wasn’t being used, was removed and the roof rebuilt to match the existing roof.
The site was cleaned up and all debris was removed.
We highly recommend this contractor.

Thank you for the review.

Levto
Levto

Good work, nice people

Great job from start to finish. Tony quoted my job with a detailed estimate of cost and scope, almost as quickly as I reached out him. I didn't have to explain what was needed, there was no complicated shop talk or up-selling, just the 'straight up' details on what needed: pointing, replacing and parging.

The estimate even included photos of all the work they would do so there were no hidden costs.

The workers finished in two days and were polite, professional and skilled. They took the time to cover my property while they worked and cleaned up when they were done.

I’m very happy with the work that was completed and highly recommend using Straight Up Masonry.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.
We're happy that we could get this project completed for you! Have a safe Summer!

~Crystal and Tony
Www.straightupmasonry.com

Quick and Effective!

Tony was amazing to work with and so was his team!
They were able to squeeze us in as we need their help to finish our deck. They did an amazing job and were friendly and efficient.
We had received quotes from 4 others vendors and they were also the best deal we could get!
Finally, after a couple of weeks and having some work done on the deck, we saw few bricks that were previoulsy hiden needing some work. I called Tony and the falling day his team came to fix everything during their lunch break!
Amazing service, thank you and I highly recommend them.

Thank you for the review.
Glad we could get this done so your project could stay on schedule.

Thanks

M
M
3 reviews Pickering, ON

Cement Chimney Shoulder Cap

The brick was crumbling at the top of the chimney shoulder for our gas fireplace. Straight Up removed the crumbling brick and replaced it with a cement cap. They came and did the job and cleaned up while we were at work, and it looks fantastic. I would definitely recommend this company.

Thank you! We're so happy that you're pleased with the work.

Stay safe and well,

Crystal and Tony

Phone: 416 884-5666 Web: www.straightupmasonry.com

Jherriott
Jherriott

Chimney re-pointing, chimney removal and brick repair

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend! Very polite, conscientious, clean and capable! I had one chimney completely removed and capped, one chimney re-pointed and repaired, and some other brickwork repaired on my garage. 2 days, done!

I had other companies tell me I had to completely rebuild my chimney just because I had paint on it and the mortar wouldn't stick! Ridiculous! Of course these guys just grinded the paint off where needed and the chimney is good for another 50 years!

Crystal was also very prompt and courteous in corresponding and scheduling. Especially during this Covid craziness!

Thanks again Straight Up Masonry!

Thanks J for the review...glad to be of service and thanks for your patience during the rescheduling caused by COVID -19.
The job went great. Crystal has been managing the upheavals caused by COVID -19 like a champ.
Thanks for sticking with us and we hope you and your family stay safe.

Deb in Toronto
Deb in Toronto

Masonry work: Pointing and Front Porch Refurbishment

I had pointing done on a few areas of the exterior walls of my house this summer and I am really pleased with the service provided from start to finish!
The quote matched exactly, and the time-frames proposed were met! The masonry work by Tony’s team looks great!!

I had Tony and Crystals team back for a second project this summer - the refurbishment of the original front porch of my 80 year old red brick North Toronto home. Again, the work was done as quoted and on time and the front porch design is even better than the original design!!!
—would highly recommend Straight Up Masonry for any masonry related work you need done on your home!

Hi Deb,
Thanks for the very nice review, Tyler and Jordan are extremely skilled and it shows in their work.
Thanks for the business.

Customer24 in Armonk
Customer24 in Armonk

Basement renovation

Tony and his team were fantastic! When Tony came for the original quote he was very knowledgeable and professional. He also provided some excellent advice to keep costs to a minimum.
The crew arrived on time and started working right away. We needed 2 windows bricked in, one blocked in and a new window cut. Everything was completed within a day and a half. They worked well with our general contractor (he's keeping their name on file for future jobs). At the end of both days the crew cleaned up and kept the site as clean as possible even when they were working. The final cost was actually lower than their original quote!

They also took Covid 19 precautions and social distancing into account. Very important at this time! I highly recommend Straight Up Masonry.

Thanks you for the review.
Glad we could help in these difficult times. We are taking this very seriously so we thank you for limiting the trades on site while we where there.
I believe if the scope of work changes either way then the price should also do so.
Thanks Again

renee.maccarthy
renee.maccarthy

Repair masonry in older home

I contacted Straight Up masonry after researching companies on Line after my home Inspector recommended I needed a fix up . They had a reputable on line presence and were a well known and busy company. I made the right choice. They got back to me quickly and helped me identify what I needed done. they came out to my home without me even having to be there, and described to me in detail using photographs exactly what was in disrepair. The quote was reasonable and we set a date to do the work. The mason came to the house and was completely self sufficient- I just said hello and he went to work. The job was terrific and I’m happy that I thank ok the time to do the necessary repairs to my home. Thank you Straight Up!

Thank you for the very kind review.
Anything we can do to make the process and smooth and easy as possible is what we try and do.
Thanks

sylvain in Toronto
sylvain in Toronto

Excellent

We used this company to fix about three areas outside our house that needed repair (mortar / tuck pointing)
They were efficient responsive and very professional.
They worked for a reasonable price.
Highly recommended.

Thanks for the review.
Appreciate the business.

More about Straight Up Masonry

Straight Up Masonry Ltd. are the Masonry Specialists for all types of brick and block work. Chimney repairs and rebuilds. Window sills, house pillars, door and window repositioning. Additions, Foundations, Tuckpointing. Fireplace and firebrick installation and repair. New and Restoration brickwork. Free Estimates.

Visit us here are well: