Andy's Skylights

Reviews for Andy's Skylights

Ray from Toronto
Ray from Toronto

Skylight Replacement

Extremely professional, honest, takes pride in his work, does a great job and tells great jokes!
I initially chose Andy'Skylights because he made a point of stopping by our house when he was doing work at a neighbor's house. He presented himself very professionally and provided his certificate of insurance along with a business card for future contact. When it came time to replace our skylight we contacted Andy and he came out withing a couple of days and thoroughly reviewed the work and prepared a quotation. We had some other quotes that were slightly less expensive but the other contractors did not point out some of the deficiencies with the initial installation that Andy had done and was going to put right if he were to install our skylight. We went ahead with Andy and he was great in every respect. He showed up on time, he took off his shoes when coming in the house, he stayed late to finish the job before it rained, he cleaned up his mess and documented the entire replacement project with photos from start to finish. The finish work on the inside was perfect - I could not find one thing to complain about. This guy is a craftsman!
Thanks Andy!

Linda  in North york
Linda in North york
1 review North York, ON

Skylight Replacement

Andy installed a replacement skylight for our old leaky one. He consulted with us almost immediately after receiving the call and was able to commence work within 1 week. He was prompt, reliable and extremely hard working. He provided photographs of all the stages of replacement up to the finished job including the interior which he redrywalled and painted. Andy was a delight to deal with and provided us with a 10 year warranty on his labour. He explained every step of the job to us in easy to
understand terms. He cleaned up after working every day and always laid floor coverings to keep our home clean. I would recommend Andy to anyone in need of a new skylight.

Sarah Patrick in Etobicoke
Sarah Patrick in Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Kitchen Skylight

I chose Andy'Skylights after receiving three quotes from contractors recommended by Homestars. Andy offered me the best deal (largest skylight, fully automated). One of the three contractors (not Andy) who quoted on the job came highly recommended by a General Contractor friend, however, he could not offer me the best price. I liked Andy the moment I met him after seeing how well he treated my home. He took his shoes off, he put a blanket on the floor before setting up a ladder. His attention to detail was outstanding. So I gave him the job. The other contractor called me to ask what Andy offered me in the hopes he could match it but he couldn't. He then asked me who I chose. When I told him Andy Skylights -- he said to me that I chose the best in the business and that I'd be very pleased with the job. This coming from a competing contractor!!!
Andy installed a 47" by 27" skylight with a flared opening. He worked through one of the worst heat waves of the summer. He took pictures at each stage of the project. He left my house almost cleaner than it was before he arrived. Hands down, the best experience I have had working with a contractor. And the finished product? Simply gorgeous! I couldn't be more pleased. I'd hire him again in a second --

3riverdalers in Toronto
3riverdalers in Toronto

2 sun tunnels

Scope the work in writing, quote that work, sign an agreement, commit with a deposit, schedule a date, show up on time, do the work on time, clean up, sign off completion, get paid, leave........pretty simple formula? Andy is a contractor you will be proud to have in your home - extremely competent in a very narrow and specialized field. Don't fall for cheap imitations, trust this man and you'll enjoy the results.

Amrita in Toronto
Amrita in Toronto
2 reviews TORONTO, ON

Skylight replacement

We had to replace our skylight urgently due to a leak in the middle of winter and Andy proved to extremely helpful and efficient. His service was very clean, professional and timely. Not only did he replace the skylight proficiently, he was equally good at fixing the interior ceiling and repairing the damage caused due to the leak. I highly recommend Andy's Skylights.

Ernest
Ernest

Skylight installation - Toronto

We installed two skylights, and one sun tunnel in our split level house. We interviewed a few companies that specialized in the skylights and choose Andy Skylights primarily because he was the owner as well as the on-site installer rather than a salesperson. The installation of the skylights has exceeded our expectations from a visual and design standpoint. Andrei is an expert craftsmen and this shows in his work. He installed the skylights from the outside-in . The inside drywall work and trim was well done and the overall look of the skylight is exceptional. Andrei was very professional, friendly and tidy. The house was clean throughout the entire process. We would recommend Andy Skylights without any reservation to anyone thinking of installing a skylight in their home.

M. McDonald in Toronto
M. McDonald in Toronto

Replacement of skylights

Andrei is courteous, knowledgeable and friendly. He responded quickly to my calls or emails and came in person to provide an estimate and to discuss the range of products suitable for my home. He knows the other products on the market and talks knowledgeably about the advantages and disadvantages; and was willing to provide clear recommendations for my home. Once we decided to go with Andrei, he provided an anticipated date for the work and kept to the time schedule. He took photos of his work to show me how he problem solved and what he completed. I appreciated his suggestions and instructions on the new skylights, and his meticulous clean-up after the work was done. He had also kindly offered to repair and prime the drywall that had been damaged by the old skylight. I would not hesitate to recommend Andrei to my mother or my friends because it was a pleasure to work with him and we are very pleased with the end product. Thank you Andrei!

Nanci in Toronto
Nanci in Toronto

3 Skylights

First off let me say that when I first spoke to Andy over the phone, he was direct and clear about what he can and cannot do for me.
When he came to my home to view the work involved , he spent quite a bit of time investigating the installation my old skylights and the condition of the roof. I hired him because I had already had a few estimates but no one was a thorough as he was before giving me his quote. I trusted that there would be no surprise costs because he knew exactly what he was getting into.
He showed up when he said he would, he cleaned up after every visit.
Quite frankly, I have not seen a perfectionist like him at work. He did everything he said he would and more. Very generous with his the add ons. My roof was quite a mess, and at no extra charge, he fixed little things here and there.
And need I say that my skylights are beautiful!

What could this company do to improve their services?
Nothing. As hard as I squeeze my brain, I can't find one thing that was wrong with the services.
Vernon Medas in Toronto
Vernon Medas in Toronto

Skylight replacement

I decided to have metal roofing installed. I realised that the 3 original acrylic skylights, around 30 yrs old, should probably be replaced before having the roof done. I contacted Andy'Skylights among a few other companies. By far, Andy was the most pleasant to deal with and very patient. He took the time to answer all my questions, explaining in detail how the job would be completed and why it would be done in a certain way. I wanted to replace the acrylic with glass skylights, with one of the 3 a massive 8 ft long and to make another one a venting skylight. Andy said the long skylight was no problem although other companies said " nobody makes them that long in glass". Since the roofing material was going to be metal, Andy wanted to ensure that the roofing company would be installing the material correctly and even gave me specific questions to ask the roofing company, a test of sorts, to confirm that the roofing company knew their stuff. Andy's insight into the roofing material was an added bonus that helped me feel confident that I had chosen the right roofing company too! But what made my experience with Andy truly fantastic was the fact he agreed to come back once the roofers started, to flash the skylights properly and to ensure the roofers knew how to integrate the flashing and the metal roofing. Due to other unrelated reno work that had to be completed first, it was almost 6 weeks by the time we were ready for Andy to come back. In fact, Andy followed up with me to see where things were at! He then advised he would set aside 2 days on his calendar to coordinate with the roofers and to complete the flashing. Andy is a true PROFESSIONAL who takes immense PRIDE in the work he does and stands behind it. He is very KNOWLEDGEABLE and comes fully prepared to meet you, also providing a copy of his insurance liability policy and WSIB certificate for you to keep on hand. Andy takes pictures of the work in progress so you can see, step by step, what he's done & most importantly, how it's being done because frankly, not many people could get up on their roof to see for themselves. Andy's pricing is in line with other reputable skylight companies, you may get lower quotes, but buyer beware! I would recommend Andy'Skylights in a heartbeat for anyone interested in installing or replacing skylights and who want to ensure that the job is DONE WELL, ON TIME and ON BUDGET. Thank you Andy!

Jijy
Jijy

Installation of Skylight

We always wanted to get a skylight installed on our stairwell and finally we got it done this year. I have to admit, the amount of natural light we now have is amazing! We don’t need to turn on the lights on our stair well until it is night. On hindsight, I think I should have done this earlier! After talking to a few contractors, we gave the contract to Andy’s skylight. Andy is very knowledgeable and is very diligent in his work. Andy is not the cheapest when it come to cost but he takes great pride in his work and does a high quality job. He build a “tent” on our stairwell to contain the dust and it kept the dust level to a negligible level. Andy took pictures during various stages of the process and also kept us informed of what he was doing each day. He showed up on time every time he said he would. We installed a FAKRO skylight which is one of the best Skylights out there. It’s only been and few weeks after the installation and so far no issues. It rained the first day of installation and no leakages so far. Andy is a great guy to work with and I am thrilled with the quality work. I will call him in a heartbeat for my future skylight project and will refer him to my friends. Well Done Andy!

More about Andy's Skylights

Professional skylight installations, repairs, and replacements in Toronto and GTA is what Andy Skylight does.
Do you live in the Greater Toronto Area and are considering installing a skylight? Repairing or replacing an old one? If so,you have come to the right place!
Andy' Skylights have been in the professional skylight business for 20 years, 7 of which were spent in Toronto learning more about skylights and gaining experience. Only Andy Skylights know how to repair, install, or replace skylights and everything related to them like the back of our hand. So when it comes to skylights, you can rely on us without a doubt! Call Andy' Skylights for an excellent, neat, professional skylight installation or repair.