Top To Bottom Renovations/Maintenance

Reviews for Top To Bottom Renovations/Maintenance

kristenwallace24
kristenwallace24

Careful and Honest Work for a Great Price

I am very happy with Chris from Top to Bottom Renovations. I hired him to repair a patio that was built a year prior by another company and it was already falling apart. Chris replied to me quickly, explained what needed to be done and gave me a quote. he came when he said he would, kept me informed every step of the way and the price was what he quoted. The work was done very meticulously by Chris and his team and the results were better than I could have imagined. I felt very valued as a customer and I would definitely recommend Chris and his team! I look forward to having him back again for some new tasks. Thanks very much Chris!! Job well done!!

Kristen. I am glad we were able to be of service to you even though it wasn't that big a job. Sometimes those smaller deficiencies can lead to other problems so it was good you had it repaired. We look forward to a call from you again.

Fence

Received quote to build fence, 2 gates with Posts Metal caps. Showed Chris the other side of fence that I wanted the exact same fence, he agreed.
Built a totally different fence, cut corners to save money and did not install metal caps. Contacted Chris several times to come and finish the job only to have him tell me that he would come place the metal caps when he comes to my area. This was 1 1/2 yrs ago, Woodbridge is only 10 min. from Richmond Hill. He was very nice until he received my deposit. I felt he was a bit rude ignoring my requests and always walking away as if only HE counted now that I signed a contract.
Had someone else install Metal Caps because Chris did NOT.
Would not use them again.

It is unfortunate that you feel you have not received appropriate service as the fence that was constructed was agreed upon with yourself and your neighbour, who was very satisfied with the end result. If there was an issue (i.e. style of fence ) I could have responded to it at the time we were there but all seemed to be fine then. The appropriate size metal post caps were not available at the time and were back ordered for undetermined supply which I advised. As per our agreement the deposit covered material only and Both yourself and the neighbour paid the balance at jobs completion indicating satisfaction of service provided.

Robin
Robin

Bathroom reno

Chris redid our bathroom and overall we are very happy with it. The shower tiles look amazing and he was able to troubleshoot with some issues that came up along the way.

Fortunately we were able to deal with the material issues that arose to complete the project to your satisfaction which is always our ultimate goal.

robn in Toronto, Ontario Canada M5R2E2
robn in Toronto, Ontario Canada M5R2E2

Cedar Deck

Chris did a great job of rejuvenating our old backyard cedar deck. Some of the boards needed replacing, the stairs needed to be fixed, and the entire deck needed to be stripped, sanded, and re-stained. The deck now looks great and in fact is in better condition than when it was first installed. Top To Bottom do high quality work and would highly recommend them. Dr Robert N Thornhill

Always glad to be of service especially to our customers who we have provided repeated service for many years and have built a trusting relationship with.

jordan
jordan

Landscape Project

We hired Chris to trim a tree in our backyard and to do some landscaping work in the front of the house. Our front yard was messy with lots of river rocks and weeds growing in between as well as some shrubs that needed removing. Chris was extremely, professional, responsive and helpful in coming up with a plan to make the front look a lot cleaner. We are so happy we hired Chris for the job. We will definitely recommend him to friends and family.

So glad we were able to clean up and take care of all the overgrowth to make your front yard a pleasure to look at again

suzanne in Thornhill
suzanne in Thornhill
4 reviews THORNHILL, ON

Backyard Deck

Top to Bottom Renovations/Maintenance just finished building our new backyard deck and we are absolutely thrilled! It is exactly what we were hoping for and has transformed our backyard and living space.

Chris and his crew were terrific. They were professionals in every sense of the word. From start to finish Chris was communicative and responsive, committed to timelines, organized, skilled and just an awesome guy. He was on site daily working side by side with his crew and ensured the job met specifications. The site (including our garage that was used for storage of material) was kept unbelievable clean and organized. All were respectful of social distance covid protocols, ensuring a safe environment. The deck itself is wonderful. It is sturdy, well build and totally met our expectations.

Like most projects, changes and adjustments were made along the way to ensure the deck design/detail fully met our liking. Some of our requests were more work than initially discussed - requiring additional material and time. Chris was open to our suggestions, flexible and accommodating. He let us know if changes were doable and if any additional costs would be incurred. He was reasonable, honest and clear. At the end, the final cost of deck was what to be expected, no surprises. He was mindful of our budget and lumber costs.

Thank you so much Chris & the TTB team for all your hard work and giving us a beautiful deck that we are already enjoying!

Under the circumstances of wood shortages and time of year when normally this kind of work isn't scheduled we were very satisfied that this project got completed for you to make use of and enjoy. Thanks for the incredible hospitality!

Multiple Projects

I needed to redo the paving around the house, extension of deck, two wood gates, downspouts underground extension and side fencing etc.; Chris has done an excellent job with flexibility and a wonderful customer service. Wherever, I wanted to make some changes in material or in project Chris did it all without any hesitation. I am so pleased that I hired Chris for all the work I needed to get done with reasonable price!!

When a customer is decisive and knows what is required sometimes that does make it easier to get the work done because there's no guesswork. We are glad we were able to get all the work done you requested and the way you wanted it completed.

Nancy L.
Nancy L.

Repair of front steps & installation of hand railing

Chris did a wonderful job from start to finish. He showed up when he said he would and completed the work I needed with professionalism and skill. He also did so at a reasonable cost. Very impressed - will definitely use his services again!

Nancy. I am happy I was able to complete this work for you. It definitely was a safety issue that could have worsened come the winter season. Thank you for considering Top to Bottom renovations.

Private User reviews Midhurst, ON

Fence/Patio stone

Chris and his crew did a great job in our backyard. The job was done timely, the price was very reasonable and high quality. Chris is knowledgeable and had great suggestions. Thanks again for transforming our backyard.

I know this project was in the planning stages for quite a while and I am very happy we were finally able to complete it for you to your satisfaction.

Deck removal and stone installation

This is our third time hiring Chris and his team. This was great work by a professional group that will hire again in the future.

Your continued business is a testament to both your desire to have us complete your projects which increases our desire to do our best to satisfy you. Thanks again.

More about Top To Bottom Renovations/Maintenance

Top to Bottom Renovations is a self employed general contractor who really enjoys interacting with customers and fulfilling their desires and making their custom renovation ideas a reality. With over 20 years experience in light construction we can make your project ideas a reality within your budget. We use licensed electricians and plumbers to certify a proper job has been done. From the initial on site consultation to preparing the estimate your feedback is incorporated so that your project turns out the way you want it to. Many clients have been satisfied with the results provided and we have become experts in the Home Renovation field. We have many different services we offer from interior work such as complete bathrooms, kitchens and basements to outdoor landscaping such as decks, interlock patios/pathways, fences and general garden renovations.

Specialties: