Great Outdoors Landscape And Design

Reviews for Great Outdoors Landscape And Design

Mark  from Toronto
Mark from Toronto

Landscape Construction/Design

We called up a few different landscape companies on Homestars and to say the least were not impressed with any of them until we spoke with Great Outdoors. From the very start Mike was quick to respond and ask the right questions. He came out to provide a quote in a timely manner and we found his pricing was fairly reasonable compared to others. Although he was booked up and it took almost a month for him to be able to get to our work, it was well worth the wait. His team was professional and efficient. They worked hard and got the job done in great time. Not to mention they were great with giving us advice on the care of our existing flower beds and gardens. We would highly recommend Mike and his team over some of the bigger companies out there.

George from Richmond Hill
George from Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Landscaping

Due to major house renovations, our house needed a complete redo of both front and back yard, as well as both sides. We could not believe the transformation
of our property. Mike and his team did an amazing job and in only 5 days. I cannot believe so much work could be done so well and so fast. Mike delivered and all that was promised, and everyone on his team are so kind.
It was like they were working on their own property. I highly recommend Mike, and his company for both big and small landscaping needs.

L. Lennox in Toronto
L. Lennox in Toronto
4 reviews Haydon, ON

Front Yard Landscaping

We had our front yard landscaped just over a year ago. We were happy then and are just as happy now. Mike Solti and his team are incredible - it is obvious that they are a great team with a solid knowledge base. They worked so well together to get the job done in a timely fashion. We had an interlocking brick driveway installed (replacing old concrete), new steps up from the street and onto the porch, the porch refaced, garden stonework edging, a makeover of the garden areas and an irrigation system put in. We get so many compliments on the work and Mike and his team were a pleasure to work with. We would definitely recommend them.

Sandra
Sandra

Concrete driveway and stone walkway

Hello Mike;
Thanks to you and your crew for the job you did on Wednesday. Despite my reluctance to schedule for this week it has worked out perfectly.
The finished garage pad and from walkway look great. Certainly appreciate the extra work that you did on the walkway to level all the stones, I noticed as soon as I arrived home that you had done a little more than originally intended.
Many thanks we are extremely pleased with the results.

Ro in Etobicoke
Ro in Etobicoke
3 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Service and Support post installation...

It seems so long(2011) ago that I wrote about the work done by Mike and Eva. They installed our patio and driveway for our home.

The patio installed in 2011 has been rock solid. Over 3 winters things have remained solid and look great. The resilience of the installation would show as any ground movement would return back to normal in the Spring.

This past winter, the 'extra cooling' may have caused some movement on the slab stair in our rear patio. I noticed this at my regular Spring maintenance.

I sent an e-mail off to Mike to setup an appointment for the repair. He quickly returned my request and dropped by to look at the situation.

Mike returned a few days later and like elves over-night we came home to a perfectly restored slab stair.

The best part! Mike did not charge for this work.

Excellent post installation service and support!

I knew there was a reason why the person who recommended Mike and Eva was confident we would not be disappointed!

Thank you!

Bruce Haines in Toronto
Bruce Haines in Toronto
7 reviews TORONTO, ON

Gardening set up

Mike and Eva Solti, and their extended family, working in landscaping and garden design and maintenance are the best kept secret in town. For over 30 years, starting with Mike's father, Mihaly Solti, Great Outdoors and Design have carried out superlative work at our residence, at reasonable cost.. With great attention to detail they have completed all sorts of stone work projects including, walkways, patios, interlock driveway, retaining walls and steps. All of it has been of lasting quality. Moreover every spring they design and set up our garden with beautiful flowers and planters and come back for a monthly tuneup. We have come to know the entire family and their involvement in this wonderful service. All of the work is carried out very professionally with thoughtfulness and integrity. They have just laid in this year's garden. It's beautiful!

Tamara from Toronto
Tamara from Toronto

garage renovation

Mike listens - and he delivers.
Mike, Eva and their amazing team helped us with our front yard renovation several years ago. It was a delight to have them return to help out with the backyard this year. Our garage was in shambles... but not for long! Within 3 days, it has been made secure and dry and ready for our needs. We were so comfortable with Mike's attention to detail that we went away on holiday while he and his team were doing the work! What a treat when we arrived back home!! Mike has helped us to plan future projects so that we can work within our budget. We look forward to welcoming him back to our property next year to help us with our sunroom.
Thank you Mike. I feel like you are part of my family!

Hilary in Toronto
Hilary in Toronto

Terrific Landscaper!

Mike Solti proved to be an excellent landscaper to deal with from the start. He provided a detailed quote and navigated well the demands of our joint landscape project (shared between our property and our neighbours.) His quote was reasonable in comparison with others, and he visited a few times before starting the work to show us products and finishes. He and his team showed up exactly when they said they would, and completed the job in four days (other companies had told us it might take 3 weeks.) They were helpful, personable and a pleasure to work with, responding to questions about plantings as we needed. We enjoyed working with them so much that we are planning to have them back again in future to do the back yard!

E G.
E G.
15 reviews Etobicoke, ON

AZEK PVC DECK, COMPLETE PATIO

Mike Solti & his family are one of the most decent, loving, fair, fun, helpful, patient, sincere, honest, knowledgeable people I know. Mike came and gave me a reasonable quote. The team of 7 did the work in 3 days, which would normally take 2 people 2 weeks. The team were considerate of the neighbours, efficient, organized, paying attention to detail, diligent, always open to discussions, questions, feedback, minor adjustments. I cannot praise this company enough. Mike even came back a few times to tie up loose ends. It was marvellous seeing the the entire family working together in unity. We have a townhouse with a small garden. Drainage was an issue, as well as being creative with the space we had. we wanted to build a legal deck without going through the trouble of getting a permit. Mike was able to raised the ground 2 feet, with a solid foundation, connecting the down rain pipe to an underground pipe to take the water to the back bedding of flowers and shrubs. The deck is 22 inches high, open concept 10 x 10 made from Azek PVC material. Mike had great contacts for all materials including stone. I just loved watching the crew digging all the earth up, putting the gravel, then the lime stone crush, followed by the pounding machine, then the laying of the stone, concluding with a special grout - to the average home owner who is not handy, nor has the time to do a solid job, get Mike Solti & his family transform your garden to a place you will want to hang out in at every opportunity. ps. Mike is one of the most practical people I have ever worked with on a project, great visionary, good clarity of mind!

NB  from Toronto
NB from Toronto

Deck, patio, porch rebuild

I first used Mike and his team to build a 20X20 deck and 10X15 flagstone patio in the backyard. Their price was comparable to other quotes and the quality of work was outstanding. They were finished in 3 days just as they promised.
I used them again to rebuild my front porch and build a small wall around the front lawn. Once again great work and quickly done.
I have had many compliments about both jobs and would highly recommend Mike and his team.

More about Great Outdoors Landscape And Design

Great Outdoors Landscape & Design is a division of Solti Contracting Inc. We are a family based business that has been designing and building quality landscapes for over 30 years. Driven by our commitment to excellence, our company provides superior workmanship at fair prices.
Looking for Landscape Contractors & Designers pros in Toronto?