Newtech Appliance Repair & Refrigeration

Appliance Repair
2425 Dawes Hill Rd Coquitlam BC V3K 6T2
2 reviews North Vancouver, BC

Dryer repair

My dryer was making unusual sounds. The technician replaced the idler pulley wheel and the sound was gone, so it seemed good. He also put in a few feet of flexible tubing when I asked about the vent. After he left I ran a load of laundry and discovered it was actually even worse now. It wouldn't run for more than a couple minutes without shutting off. I called the technician and he did not offer any suggestions as to why, and said he was busy and wouldn't be able to come back for another 3 days. So 3 more days without our dryer, and another disrupted morning. Rather than wait, I did my own troubleshooting and ultimately decided to take it back apart myself, and discovered that the technician had not plugged the moisture sensor back in. I fixed that and it's running again. I called to inform them and they just said "OK thanks". The service did not match the price.

Update: The owner contacted me the next day to ask what happened and offered a 10% credit in an effort to fix the situation.

Thanks for the business
We
Called you to come back and finish the repair
But you did it yourself
I did credit your account as a courtesy
Newtech appliance.
Amin

Previous versions of this review:

2 reviews North Vancouver, BC