Am Group Of Companies

Mary, Guelph in Guelph
Mary, Guelph in Guelph
1 review Guelph, ON

Patio Door and Vinyl on deck

The crew arrived on time and immediately started working on replacing the patio door and then proceeded to installed the vinyl on the deck.
The crew was amazing, friendly and very courteous.

I would not hesitate to recommend this company.

Private User reviews Sauble Beach, ON

Cottage Roof Replacement

Our cottage roof was in need of new shingles. I dealt with AM on a reference from a friend in Port Elgin. I also obtained other quotes but AM was lowest & even through Covid restrictions had the ability to install a new roof in one day.
Was very impressed with service from the sales representative, admin staff & work crew (showed up at 7:00 am) who worked throughout the day & completed the job with a full site cleanup as well. The next day their manager came by to inspect the work & asked if we had questions. We were very impressed by the service & friendliness of everyone at AM Roofing & would not hesitate to give a positive reference.

Cynthia in Meaford
Cynthia in Meaford
1 review Meaford, ON

BUYER BEWARE! Failed Roof Repair But No Compensation

May 12, 2020:
AM Roofing has responded to my May 8 derogatory review of their service. I am not going to dignify that response by addressing each appalling untruth and outright fabrication contained therein. I stand by my review, and the individual reader will have to evaluate it for themselves. I am done with this fiasco.

May 8, 2020:
In late October of 2019, AM Roofing of Collingwood applied an EPDM membrane to the leaking roof of my sunroom, at a cost of $3000.00. In mid November it rained, and the roof was still leaking. I called the company immediately and their production supervisor came to look at it. This young man commented, although I’m sure he regrets his words now, that he didn’t understand why the workman had even installed the EPDM given that the roof itself was in such poor structural condition. This assessment of the overall condition of the roof was subsequently corroborated by another roofing company as well as by an independent professional engineer, and it was determined by both that the only possible solution was total replacement. So the question becomes: Given the very poor condition of the roof, should the AM salesman and subsequently the repairman not have recognized that the EPDM membrane would be futile? And should they not then have declined the job or suggested an alternate solution rather than taking my $3000 for a job that was doomed to fail?

Once the continuing leak was identified in November, the company did offer to install, at no additional charge, wood pillars to support the roof to keep it from collapsing, but that really did not seem viable to me, and certainly was not esthetically appealing. I queried the possibility of constructing an extension from the shingled main roof of the house, and the production supervisor said there would be an additional cost but that he would price it for me and get back to me, which he did not. In late March I called him and advised that I didn’t want to take any further steps with them, and that I wanted a refund. The supervisor said he would take the matter up with higher management and after multiple attempts on my part to follow up, I finally connected with the general manager in early May. He came to look at the roof and declined to reimburse on the basis that the roof had structural faults, which is unquestionably true, and which simply underscores my claim that they should have recognized this and not attempted the repair. He further pointed out, to my amazement, that the roof now only leaks when there is snow and ice present. That is a true statement, but hardly a persuasive one in defense of a failed roof repair.

It should also be noted that the initial contract was for $5000 and included the removal of the existing roofing material and sheeting and replacing it with new ½” plywood. By sheer luck I was home when the workman arrived. He had no plywood with him and said there was no plywood involved in the job, either to be removed or to be installed. I immediately called AM Roofing who offered no explanation for this huge discrepancy and reduced the price to $3000. But I have to wonder…. If I had not happened to be there when the workman arrived, would that “error” have been caught, or would I now be out $5000 rather than $3000?

I am a senior on a limited income and I do not have the resources to pursue this matter legally, so it seems I will have to absorb the $3000 loss. But hopefully someone else will read this and spare themselves the expense and aggravation I have experienced through AM Roofing. I say again….. buyer beware.

Cynthia contacted us last year about her sunroom leaking. Our consultant Jimmie went out there and completed the quote, she stated she did not have much money but had to get it done and that she has had many companies out there to take a look at and no one could stop the leak.

We originally had it quoted out for plywood and EPDM and upon our techs getting to site it was discussed that plywood would not need to be used and they could adhere the product directly to the deck effectively saving her 2000 dollars because that was the main focus for her. The office reached out to her without answer and she came home and found the plywood on site and the installers and office explained she would not be charged for it even though after the fact now she thinks that we would have if she wasnt there.

She contacted us in the winter stating that the roof had leaked and our Production Manager Dalton was out the same day and it happened to be ice damning which we cleared off free of charge. While Dalton was on site she had showed him that the panels were collapsing in which is the structure and he informed her that structure do to snow loads etc is not a responsibility of AM Group of Companies. She insisted that she did not have money so to maintain a good relationship Dalton offered to put a post in there for her free of charge.

She had called back in the office months later stating that she had no money to fix roof and that we should refund her the money. This is where the General Manager Andy got involved and met her on site and took a look at it and explained that we do not warranty the structure of sunrooms or any other part of the structure of peoples homes but with saying that we would install a post and beam to help her out. She declined and got very nasty calling him fraudulent. This is where Andy brought a copy of the contract and showed her that we did everything that was quoted and also showed her the terms and conditions that say we are not responsible for ponding water, structure, dips and waves in her roof etc.

She was extremely rude with us and we left the site.

Private User reviews Owen Sound, ON

Windows and door replacement

AM Group of Companies replaced windows and a patio door at our home in Wasaga Beach. The workmanship was top notch, the project took 2 days from start to finish. At the end of each day the cleanup was impeccable. The installers were very knowledgeable and friendly. We will be recommending AM Group of Companies to our neighbors, family and friends.
Thank you AM we are very happy with our new windows and door.

Thank you very much for the kind words

Danielle in Toronto
Danielle in Toronto
0 reviews Washago, ON

Unbelievably amazing

What an amazing company. We were in a bind and needed a repair to our roof done quickly. Brandon and his team were out on Monday morning (early I might add) and the job was done in a couple of hours. They got right to work and didn’t complain about the weather conditions not once!
They will roof in the winter!! Had a quote done by another company that was 3 times higher than AM roofing solutions!
I’m so glad we chose them. The work was done fast, right, and cheap! What more can you ask for. Will recommend these guys to everyone and I will always use them if I have any future needs!
Thanks everyone! You saved us!
Danielle and Peter

B Manning in London
B Manning in London
0 reviews London, ON

Willow Drive Roof Replacement

The Team from AM Roofing stripped my old roof covering and replaced it with a good looking product done very well. MY property was left as if they had never been there despite working in some adverse weather conditions. Very pleased with results.

Jude in London
Jude in London
0 reviews London, ON

Attic insulation and tried to set up next project

Do not sign with their financing company. You will be told that you don’t have to pay for 12 months, but they will put a lien on your home.
The sales people are equal to vacuum salesmen. The last time I was about to complain, I received a call from a manager to try to make it up to us. We have a large project to give our exterior of our home a face lift. They said they would come out to take measurements, and still haven’t shown up. It’s been almost 2 months.
The crew that did the work for removing and adding our insulation, were excellent.

Hi Jude. We are glad that the job went well and your house is insulated. In regards the financing company, we work with different financial institutions, and some of them lien the house against the money. It depends on client's credit, and not on our company.
We've checked our system, and we cant find a client by your name in London. Please reach out to our London office to provide details about your job, and we will make sure to provide you with all the necessary services.

Gina in Owen Sound
Gina in Owen Sound
3 reviews Owen Sound, ON

Roof & Insulation

I had AM Roofing do my roof and insulation. I am extremely happy with the way Rich and his crew worked. Very professional. I am also impressed with Jake and Corey who done my insulation showing me places that was never insulated and should have been. My attic is now bearable to sit in. Before it was either too cold in the winter or too hot in the summer. Amazing what the correct amount of insulation will do to your heating/ac bills. I want to thank everyone at AM Roofing in Owen Sound. They are now doing my garage because that is how happy I am with them.

Thank you for your feedback Gina.

Kate A. in Guelph
Kate A. in Guelph
0 reviews Guelph, ON

Great Small Job done with ease

Fantastic Company, I called, they came, the work was done to perfection.
AM Group, have made a super fantastic name for themselves. They work very hard and take extreme care of their customers.
Thank you all at AM you all deserve it. Great job!
Until the next time. KA & SP

twogreatpups
twogreatpups
0 reviews The Blue Mountains, ON

Eavetrough and gutter guards

Installed eavetrough and gutter guards. Excellent! Great clean up. Professional and friendly staff ... from quote, scheduling office, installers and billing department. Will use them again for sure.

More about Am Group Of Companies

AM Group of Companies has been in operation since 1956 and is a 3rd generation family business.

We stand behind our work with one of the best warranties in the business, 10 years. This is only possible as a result of three things: the use of premium products, good workmanship and careful inspection of completed work.

AM Group of Companies hires only skilled workers who are regularly educated on installation methods and new materials. Our corporate education programs apply to all facets of the business.

Proudly situated in Guelph, London, Owen Sound, Gravenhurst and Collingwood, our size and office geography allow us to deliver corporate-grade professionalism while maintaining top rate local customer service.

AM Group of Companies Services:
Commercial Roofing
Residential Roofing
Fiberglass Shingles, Metal Roof, Flat Roof, Cedar Shakes & Shingles, Composite Roofing, Inspire, Owens Corning, Enviroshake.
Eavestrough, Soffit, Fascia and other Aluminum work
Windows & Doors
Vinyl Windows
Entry Doors
Patio Doors

Contact us today for a Free, no obligation estimate.
1-877-281-6900