Am Group Of Companies

Reviews for Am Group Of Companies

Harry Ducket
Harry Ducket
0 reviews The Blue Mountains, ON

Dryer Vent Installation was missed discovered 4 years later. AM Roofing not responding to come out to perform the repair

Good Day. We had our roofs replaced in Collingwood by AM Roofing in the spring of 2016. It was brought to the attention of the management company that there was an issue in one of the units with their dryer. Upon investigation, it was found out that when the roof was replaced the vent for the dryer had never been installed. Our roof came with a 10 year warranty on labour from AM Roofing. We have contacted them on numerous occasions explaining the problem and that it needs to be investigated, resolved and repaired. They have yet to reply with a date to come and look at the roof. This has been on going now for 4 weeks now.
We are at a loss as to why such a reputable company is not taking the time to look after their customer in a timely manner. Hopefully they will take care of this as we have been very fortunate that there wasn’t a fire because the dryer vent was missed upon installing the new roof.

James Harris in Toronto
James Harris in Toronto

Booked appointment - and never showed up

I booked a job with with AM group of companies for new eaves trough work. This was booked in July to be done in October. I never heard from anyone - but they took payment of course
I was finally booked to have the work done nov 3rd in the afternoon.

I took the afternoon off to be there at the cottage for this work.

I called 3 times before leaving the city just to confirm (not something the client would do normally) but since I was taking time off work and driving 6 hours to simply confirm the work was done I figured it was best to call anyway. No answer but I left a voicemail to confirm the work was happening.

I was only called back at 3:45pm as I was in Bracebridge to let me know the work was not going to be done today (the date booked and scheduled and that it would be done the next day. with no reason? and why was I not called?

I want a full refund and reimbursement for my time

Not sure how this is any way to run a business?

Hi James. Vicki called on Friday Oct 30th told you the job would be tentatively scheduled on Tuesday Nov 3rd.
With Weather we had on Monday all jobs got delayed 1 day. You said this was a cottage and you did not live there and wont be on location at the time of the install.
You called and left a voicemail, and Vicki returned the call and explained that due to the weather on Monday all jobs got pushed back 1 day. Job was then completed on Wednesday Nov 4th.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

installed in May '20 small trough and downspout to resolve wet wall issue.

Reported in July that it did not resolve the issue and no one contacted me. I had also included a photo. I have a before and after photo. I would never use this company again. I would like a refund or fix it without cost to me. Invoice # 10877 dtd May 29/2020. Do something positive!!

We are very sorry about the experience you had with us. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority. We came out for a small eavestrough repair, but to be able to properly fix the leak behind the flashings, we will need to repair the roof, which is not why you hired us. Please call us to discuss any additional issues

BryanH
BryanH
0 reviews Gravenhurst, ON

New Shingles

Andrew and crew did a great job, looks great and a great cleanup too. Brutal heat in late July, done in one day. Very happy with the crew and the job!

Paul in Toronto
Paul in Toronto

New Roof and Gutters Project

Andrew arrived at the agreed time to provide the project estimate. (His crew were punctual as well).
Although the house is in Guelph, I don't live in Guelph and traveling back and forth between Toronto and Guelph can be quite painful.
Although a number of options were presented, I felt no up-sell pressures for the estimate.
The work was completed on-time and on-budget and as quoted.
The crew left a clean site and the property and gardens undamaged. (Thanks guys).
I'm very happy with the results.

roof
roof
1 review Owen Sound, ON

Shingle roof

Edit:; 07/0/20 Amroofing reps visited last week and did a visual inspection of the roof, they assured us that the shingles were properly secured and that they would stand by their guarantee and they apologized for the delays during the actual roofing job.
We accept their apology and assurances on the quality of the product, but, as we had such a negative experience at the time of the installation [how long it took] and the lack of communication at that time we can only up our review to a 3.

Job was done in Nov, 2019 and it was such a negative experience for us that my wife never wanted AM back on the property. Without going into great detail here are some of our frustrations from back then. For the 2 weeks that the job took, there were extremely poor communications from the local office and the crew, 2 man crew showing up unannounced, ripping off some shingles and then taking off to work on another job at noon, then not showing up for 4 days,back again for 1 day, some shingles arrived, then no crew for another 4 days, 2 man crew showed up did 2 days work, then took off early without explanation, came back around 4pm with, I guess, the last load of shingles, promising to be back the next day as they wanted to finish the job, did not show up. 3 man crew showed up 3 days later and finished the installation and cleaned up some. Inspection promised, but the man never showed up, local manager promised that the inspector would call before coming for inspection, we waited for his call, none came, he showed up while we were at medical appointments and did his "inspection" without us present.. It is now July and since November we have been picking up shingle bits, plastic strips, detrus and ROOFING NAILS, so I guess he missed a few things. Now, in July we have a roof that still has a poor appearance.
I'm sure I have forgotten some things, but for us Am Roofing does deserve a Zero.

We are very sorry about the experience you had with us. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority. Can you please provide some details by email to danielf@amgoc.ca? Name and address. Thank you

Gina in Owen Sound
Gina in Owen Sound
4 reviews Owen Sound, ON

Garage Reno

I had my garage redone by AM Group of Companies located in Owen Sound. I am extremely happy with the transformation. I would recommend AM Group of Companies locations anywhere as I know you would get the same results. Thank you so much for a stress free process and following up with me after it was completed just to make sure I am happy with the final completion.

ann
ann

Great job

Andrew and his crew showed up exactly on time. They were courteous and professional and dare I say seemed like very nice folks. My leaky cottage roof was transformed in one day and they finished on schedule almost exactly to the minute. Ian my sales rep was also helpful and even gave me so good advice on other cottage issues. It was a very pleasant experience and I recommend to anyone looking for a new roof in cottage country.

Thank you very much for the kind words

J Hetherington
J Hetherington
1 review London, ON

metal roof installation

My metal roof was installed last month, and from the initial appointment to completion everything went smoothly. The price was very competitive with comparable companies. There was a one day delay on starting, but I was contacted, and notified of the delay, the day before my roof was to be started. It was completed in 2 days and everything was left tidy each night. The roof looks fabulous and neighbors are already making positive comments

Mary, Guelph in Guelph
Mary, Guelph in Guelph
1 review Guelph, ON

Patio Door and Vinyl on deck

The crew arrived on time and immediately started working on replacing the patio door and then proceeded to installed the vinyl on the deck.
The crew was amazing, friendly and very courteous.

I would not hesitate to recommend this company.

More about Am Group Of Companies

AM Group of Companies has been in operation since 1956 and is a 3rd generation family business.

We stand behind our work with one of the best warranties in the business, 10 years. This is only possible as a result of three things: the use of premium products, good workmanship and careful inspection of completed work.

AM Group of Companies hires only skilled workers who are regularly educated on installation methods and new materials. Our corporate education programs apply to all facets of the business.

Proudly situated in Guelph, London, Owen Sound, Gravenhurst and Collingwood, our size and office geography allow us to deliver corporate-grade professionalism while maintaining top rate local customer service.

AM Group of Companies Services:
Commercial Roofing
Residential Roofing
Fiberglass Shingles, Metal Roof, Flat Roof, Cedar Shakes & Shingles, Composite Roofing, Inspire, Owens Corning, Enviroshake.
Eavestrough, Soffit, Fascia and other Aluminum work
Windows & Doors
Vinyl Windows
Entry Doors
Patio Doors

Contact us today for a Free, no obligation estimate.
1-877-281-6900