Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

20 Rathmore St. Brampton ON L6P 2P4

Sprinkler Systems
Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

Best of 2020 winner 7 timesBest of 2020winner 7 times

Reviews for Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

John Reis from Mississauga
John Reis from Mississauga

Irrigation system

I would like to thank John and his team for the excellent work in installing an irrigation system on my property. I first contacted John in April. As it happened it was the day we had our last snowfall.
John promptly returned my call, and made it out to my home that same day! He was running a bit late because of the snow and heavy traffic, and called to advise that he would be 15 late.
We met and as John and I toured the property, I quickly realized that he instantly had a plan in mind. He quickly staked out the property, explaining his vision along the way and promptly provided me with a quote which I found to be very reasonable.
We agreed on a start date for the project. He and his team arrived yesterday morning and completed the project in full.
He and his team were polite, clean and explained their logic during the installation process. I would highly recommend John and his team for YOUR project.
John-Mississauga

Keith from Oakville
Keith from Oakville

Irrigation system install

John was a true professional from start to finish. He provided a fair price, gave valuable information, helped me understand the implications of different options and went the extra mile. The work was quick, clean and top quality. Great experience.

savo knezevic in North york
savo knezevic in North york

sprinkler system

John and his team from Green Valley Irrigation installed a sprinkler system on my property both front yard and backyard. Whole job included 4 different zones with timer and rain sensor. It was great experience dealing with John. He was very professional and fair with his pricing. I would recommend him and his team to anybody who need sprinkler system service.
Savo
Etobicoke

Anna from Mississauga
Anna from Mississauga

Fixing our sprinkler system

Our sprinkler system had not been working properly since last summer and after many many unanswered calls to the installer, we gave up and called John. John arrived promptly and fixed our system immediately. He was courteous and professional and extremely helpful. We will be definitely using John's services going forward and will recommend him to all our families and friends.

Kash from Brampton
Kash from Brampton

Sprinkler

John and his team were on time and well mannered when installing our sprinkler system. They were quick and efficient. Explained all the elements of the job and delivered as promised. no hidden costs. You get what you pay for and we're very pleased with our investment.

Philip Small from Burlington
Philip Small from Burlington
11 reviews Burlington, ON

irrigation installation

As a businessman for 35 years I have hired many trades to perform their services for personal (domestic needs) and business necessities. John who runs the company has earned his 10/10 rating as his company lived up to all I read about when I contracted Green Valley to install our home sprinkler system. My mustard test - #1-reputation-John's references are impeccable and proven, #2 -John's pricing MOST competitive and in fact puts many other companies to shame (price wise), #3 - John's word - delivered a name brand system in the time promised with no fuss, no hassle, no delays. I rarely write glowing reports but John and his company Green Valley deserve the kudos and on a personal note I would recommend his company to anyone looking for a sprinkler system. John knows how to deliver the goods! Great job.

Jas Saran from Brampton
Jas Saran from Brampton

Sprinkler System Installation

John and his team from Green Valley Irrigation installed a sprinkler system on my property in the summer of 2013. The experience was stress free and the end product was perfect. I had found out about this company online, after meeting other companies and getting quotes, Green Valley made me feel comfortable. The prices are very fair. Since then Green Valley has been doing there yearly maintenance which they stay on top of. Many of my friends and family have also used Green Valley since and are all very happy. Thank you John!

Frank Maione from Mississauga
Frank Maione from Mississauga

lawn irrigation

We had 2 days to get a sprinkler installed before my concrete was to be poured. I found Green Valley on the net and I'm glad I did. John assured me he would get the job done on time and he did. His team was quick, efficient and professional. Thanks again John for coming through for us.

John from Maple
John from Maple
1 review Maple, ON

Home sprinkler system

John did a great job at completing the project at our home. He delivered on what he promised and more. He and his crew were very conscientious and professional from the initial consultation to the final implementation. He also provides great follow up and we continue to utilize his services today.

More about Green Valley Irrigation Ltd.

Green Valley Irrigation offers complete solutions to your irrigation needs. We specialize in engineering state-of-the-art water conscious irrigation systems using industry established technologies maintaining reliability and economy. We are well-versed in the latest equipment and installation techniques that will ensure a water-efficient system, maintaining reliability, and competitive pricing. It is important to provide this expertise promptly and courteously to our customers.

We realize your time is extremely valuable, so we will come onsite for an initial consultation that will outline the basic requirements and review important factors needed to complete your irrigation needs. To ensure the highest-quality installation and optimum operation of your sprinkler system, we will send a Professional Irrigator who will provide a professional design for planning and ease of viewing. We'll work with you to define a plan of action to meet your personal and financial requirements. And after installation is complete, we will show you every detail of the proper operation of your new irrigation system. We make sure all the steps are taken to perform the service at the your convenience.

Here are several key characteristics to look for when evaluating the water efficiency of a lawn sprinkler system:

Matched-Precipitation Rate Sprinkler Heads
All sprinkler heads on a given circuit should be the same type (e.g. rotors, pop-up spray, etc.) and have matched precipitation rate (in inches per hour). Heads with differing precipitation rates have widely varying operating times, which can lead to the over-watering of one area in order to sufficiently water another.

Head-to-Head Coverage
sprinkler installation Turf pop-up sprinkler systems are designed to operate with head-to-head coverage, where the spray from one sprinkler head reaches to the next, resulting in necessary overlap. Precipitation rates are based on the assumption of overlap. Places where the sprinkler's spray pattern does not overlap are likely not getting sufficient water and may develop brown dry spots. These spots indicate the system has low "uniformity" of coverage. To compensate, one has to run the sprinklers for longer times to get adequate water to the dry spots, while the rest of the lawn is getting over-watered.

Precipitation Rate That Does Not Exceed the Soil's Infiltration Rate
Based upon soil characteristics, water will soak into the ground at differing rates. Sandy soils have high (fast) infiltration rates, while clay soils have low (slow) infiltration rates. If the precipitation rate of the sprinkler heads exceeds the soil's infiltration rate, then runoff and erosion occur (especially on slopes). On flat ground, this will also lead to piddling. If your sprinklers' precipitation rate exceeds the infiltration rate, lower precipitation rate heads can be installed, or you can shorten your watering times and use multiple start times (e.g. 3 start times at 5 minutes each at 1-hour intervals instead of 15 minutes all at once) to allow the water to soak into the soil.

Appropriate Water Pressure
Each sprinkler head is designed to operate within a certain range of pressure, typically around 40 to 50 pounds per square inch (PSI). When water pressure is too low, the sprinkler head will emit large drops and likely will not produce the proper spray pattern or a radius that reaches to the next head. If pressure is too high, the head will produce a fine mist, which leads to water loss due to evaporation and "fly-away" in even light winds. In addition, high pressure can lead to over spray and a distorted spray pattern, along with many other problems.

Clean, Even Spray Pattern
If the spray pattern of a head is distorted, browns spots may develop on the lawn. This may be caused by blockage in the screen or in the nozzle itself, and the head may need to be cleaned. If this does not fix the problem, the nozzle may be worn and needs to be replaced.

There should be no wasteful over spray onto sidewalk, patio, driveway or street. If there is over spray, replace the nozzle with another with the appropriate spray pattern (e.g. 1800 instead of 3600) or relocate the sprinkler head.

Vegetation or other objects should not obstruct the spray from the head. Trim back vegetation or raise the sprinkler heads as needed. This will increase the system's uniformity of coverage.