Gala Renovations

Reviews for Gala Renovations

Lisa from Toronto
Lisa from Toronto

Basement Bathroom Reno

We had the pleasure of working with Scott and his team on the renovation of our basement bathroom. From start to finish Scott made us feel confident in his abilities to create the look we wanted to achieve. His knowledge and creativity helped construct such a wonderful space. Everyone who entered our home were polite and respectful. We would highly recommend Scott and his team from Gala Renovations.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the work we did in your home. I hope you enjoy your new bathroom!

Eileen
Eileen

Kitchen and Bathroom Renovations

On the recommendation of a friend who was delighted with the results in his own home, I hired Scott and his team to make badly needed updates to my kitchen and bathroom. In many ways, I think this is a harder task than gutting and renovating from scratch: Scott had to deal with the quirks of a 110-year-old home (where no wall is straight), poorly installed features that were staying (in particular, my kitchen cupboards), and regrettable decisions taken by my much younger self. Scott was creative, resourceful, collaborative. and always kind His organizational skills astonished me - my home was a constant hive of activity, and of course his teams were working on other projects at the same time. The work was finished on time and within budget, and I'm extraordinarily pleased with the results: I know that what you can't see has been addressed as carefully as what you can. My kitchen and bathroom have greater structural integrity than they did before Scott's intervention, and they're beautiful. I've already hired Scott to do more work in my home later this year, a high recommendation indeed.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us. I enjoyed working with you and look forward to working with you again in phase 2 of your project. I am delighted that you are happy with your experience.

Sam
Sam

2022 Basement Renovation

Scott and the team at Gala did a fantastic job! Very pleased with the outcome and everyone was nice, professional and timely. Will use Scott and his team again in the future.

Thank you very much for your review. I'm pleased that you are happy with the results.

Colleen Vecsi from Toronto
Colleen Vecsi from Toronto

Bathroom update and porch makeover

We hired the team from Gala Renovations to take on two more projects in our house. Previously, Scott and his team renovated our kitchen. We were so pleased with the quality of work that we asked them to come back and update our bathroom and front porch. Scott quoted the work in detail and stayed true to his quote!

The team did an excellent job converting our dusty, old enclosed front porch into a clean, fresh, modern mudroom, complete with oodles of storage! From concept through to the selection of cabinet pulls, Scott was us every step of the way. His years of experience renovating Toronto homes came in very handy, dealing with the inevitable issues that pop up when updating a 100-year-old home.

Our basement bathroom had suffered the wear and tear of two teenaged boys and needed some freshening up. When we realized part-way through the renovation that the planned flooring approach wouldn’t give us the result we wanted, Scott provided options and helped facilitate the change in direction. The change involved sourcing new materials and getting tradespeople to do additional work. Scott accommodated the change with a smile on his face and even managed to stick pretty close to the original timeline.

A big shout out to Duke, who was on-site almost every day and made sure that the work didn’t disrupt our daily lives (and our dog loved the daily belly rubs!) He was a pleasure to have in our home for the duration of the work.

We are so pleased with our new bathroom and mudroom! Scott will be my first call when the next project pops up.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have really enjoyed working with you over the past couple of years. You are clear, organized and make decisions easily, all of which make our job more straightforward. Thank you and I hope you enjoy the Renovations.

Chris
Chris

Kitchen and bathroom renovation

We hired Gala previously to replace the kitchen in our last house (now sold). Our family expanded and we had to move to a larger place, so we hired them again to replace the kitchen and build a small bathroom on the main floor.

As per usual, the service you get is amazing. There is nothing they can't or won't do. When installing a fan for our bathroom they noticed there was no insulation in the roof, so it was "do you want us to insulate it"? and then drywall came down, insulation went up, new drywall and painting, and it was like they were never there (except the room is much warmer now).

We changed the plans a number of times with no notice to them. They had no problems with that, adapted to our changes and the result was the usual Gala perfection.

Scott and his crew are amazing to work with. They are the friendliest contractors I have ever had in my house. Polite, no nonsense people who produce a high quality, top shelf product for a very reasonable price.

This is now the second time we have used them and we would use them again if we needed to. Another job very well done.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. It was a pleasure to work with you again. Your clarity and decisiveness made it easy to work on your home.

Condo Kitchen Renovation

Scott made our condo kitchen look like a home kitchen! He was very easy to work with and did a great job with our kitchen. He was always available for a chat and worked with our budget. Highly recommend Gala for any Reno work.

Thanks for writing a review for us. I enjoyed working with you and I hope you enjoy your new kitchen.

full basement renovation and new bathroom

exceptional service and work by Scott and his team.
the finished basement and new bathroom have impressed everyone who saw the former condition it was in.
Scott and his team are consummate professionals. Scott was always open to suggestions, changes, and questions. The work was started and completed on schedule. The team was always polite and professional.
I highly recommend this company and would use them again in future.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of working with us. It was an interesting project, as I think we used some new technologies in creative ways. I'm pleased to hear you are happy with the results.

Marcello
Marcello

Basement, bathroom and hall renovation

Gala Renovations completely renovated our basement after it was stripped to bare walls and floor to remediate a mould problem.
The principal and his crew carefully and precisely implemented our plan to prevent future mould growth.
They worked steadily to completely refinish the basement, including a bathroom, laundry room, office and recreation area.
Their extensive knowledge of building technology was always in evidence. So was their willingness to consider all solutions to problems presented by the site.
Just as important for us was the contractor's professionalism, and his responsiveness to all issues as they arose.
It was a pleasure to work with him.
The quality of the work in our renewed space is excellent. At the end of the project we are completely satisfied with the work, the results and our choice of contractor.
We recommend Gala Renovations without reservation and, already, friends and family are working with Gala on their own projects.

Thank you for your thorough review. I enjoyed working with you to find some creative solutions to site conditions that came up. I'm delighted to hear that you are happy with the final results.

1st floor renovation (kitchen, flooring, ceilings, trim, paint)

Scott and his team did an excellent job on our home. The communication was very good, as was their attention to detail. They were very professional and followed all safety protocols. We are so happy with the final result and would recommend Gala to anyone looking to renovate their home.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a Homestars review for us. I'm delighted to know that you are happy with the final result.

CMcG
CMcG

Kitchen & Main Floor Renovation

Scott and his team have been excellent to work with throughout the entire renovation process. As new homeowners without experience in similar projects, we really appreciated how available Scott was for questions, feedback, and idea generation. He brought some creative ideas to the project which helped us land on the perfect kitchen for our home.
We had great interaction with all of the tradespeople, and felt comfortable with everyone's adherence to COVID-related requests. We appreciated the ability to get to the showroom of the custom cabinetmaker and work through options for our design. The level of customization available and the ability to fit it perfectly to our space really made the difference vs. an Ikea kitchen or similar.
Again, I can't say enough about the timeliness and openness of Scott's responses, and the project was completed on schedule despite COVID challenges. Overall, cannot recommend Gala team more highly.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a detailed review for your Kitchen and main floor renovation. I hope you enjoy your new custom kitchen and powder room.

More about Gala Renovations

Gala Renovations was founded with the concept born out of two sound principles: client-centred design and impeccable customer service. Whether your space is wide open with room to imagine, or small and cozy where we have to be creative, we will work with you to ensure that your renovation is completed exactly the way you want it. Our process starts with the ideas and vision you have for your home and moves to our team who will create plans that will guide our craftsmen to build the home of your dreams.

We specialize in complete home, ground and second floor renovations but we also take on other projects like basements, attics, custom kitchens, bathrooms, wall units, and storage solutions. We are flexible and collaborative in our approach and we care about the details that will ultimately beautify your home. At Gala, we leave no stone unturned in the journey from concept to reality. Our passion and knowledge paired with your dwelling and vision, will culminate in a one-of-a kind, unique space that you can proudly call home!