Let's Get Moving

Shelley in Toronto
Shelley in Toronto
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

House move

It’s been several months since my move, and I keep finding more problems and shortcuts that were taken by the movers.

To begin, they damaged a baseboard, wall and floor in the rental house I was leaving, which resulted in significant costs to repair to the landlord’s satisfaction. I thought ‘My bad; in future I’ll make sure to get the insurance’. It took them several hours longer to move than expected, and it was only after a couple of hours of everything else being done that they came to tell me one guy was having trouble taking apart ONE BED, and that’s why they were delayed. All the furniture is IKEA and the manuals were provided for them. I was constantly lifting things they’d dropped outside like my kids toys, that they just left laying on the street.

I didn’t start unpacking until a couple weeks after the move but boxes were just left wherever in the house, not where they were labelled (eg boxes labelled basement were in the kids rooms; master bedroom boxes in the basement). There were many cosmetic scuffs, dents and scratches on both the furniture and the walls. After a couple of months, I noticed my bedroom mattress had a large sunk-in area, and after taking off the mattress, saw that they had broken and twisted the slats on the bed, which had fallen down and were providing no support for 1/4 of the mattress. Luckily I’m a single parent and only use one side of the bed, or someone could have been hurt. Today, while taking off my son’s mattress for cleaning, I saw that they had not put the bed together properly and the slats were just sitting on the metal, not screwed in!! Out of the 18 screws and approx 40 plastic connectors supposed to be used, the only support was 4 screws and half the connectors. Some hardware was just left in the bottom of the bed and the wrong screws were used to hold up the railing (short ones versus the correct long ones). The plastic covers for the sharp metal edges were not installed at all. I’m appalled that anybody would think it’s acceptable to put my child’s safety at risk in that way. Now I am concerned about my other son’s bunk bed that they struggled to take apart, and will have to examine that as well.

This was a very costly job, it was higher than other quotes I’d received, but unfortunately I was under stress for time and this company had decent ratings. It also took several more hours than expected. I never write reviews but after today’s adventure, I couldn’t stand back and not say something. I’m very disappointed and will recommend to any friends moving to stay away from this company.

Amadou in Fergus
Amadou in Fergus
1 review Fergus, ON

Move

Great company they came moved me and the experience was great and can’t thank them enough for their hardwork!
the 2 gentlemen were were polite fast and very careful with my belongings

Joseph in Halifax
Joseph in Halifax

Condo Move into Storage

I wasn't able to be there for my move, as i left the province during Covid and moved my stuff into storage. Working with Cedric from the sales department helped me feel comfortable in the security of my belongings and post the completion of the move he was great in assisting in figuring out next steps.

Heather Helen in Thornhill
Heather Helen in Thornhill

Beware of storage services

The moving team was professional and courteous, BUT- the move took MUCH longer than was suggested when they quoted the job... 8 hours longer! My belongings were horribly damaged in storage. I spoke to the company and they offered to refund a portion of my moving cost, but if I accepted the money I would have to sign a non-disclosure. I felt it was more important to warn potential consumers of the hazards of engaging the third party storage company they use.
This is a list of missing and damaged items:
Missing:
-2 wooden boards (bed slats)
-3 glass shelves for curio cabinet

Broken:
-Bow front dresser leg
-Side table: foot snapped, leg dislocated
-Bench knob chipped
-Lamp cord
-Toilet brush
-Wooden guitar (decorative)
-Christmas wreath
-Wardrobe top
-Paper lamp
-Laundry stuff
-Bins and tubs (dented, cracked)
-Boxes (dented, pushed in, water damaged, rips and tears in them)
-Brown bottle
-green storage case
-Noah’s ark (elephant head)
-glass candle stick (3rd in a set)
-small mirror
-plastic cutting board
-wooden picture frame
-tea cup
-microwave cart
-kosher salt box (crushed)
-glass canister lid
-wooden table
-crystal bottle (antique)
-chipped green bottle lip
-mask (crushed)
-over the door hanger bent and broken
-cement base to standing lamp smashed
-2 cream mugs: handles snapped

-chair legs
-aerosol can
-dining room table top
-white table legs
-red leather chair: corners scuffed and worn down from dragging?
-piano bench: pin from hinge missing and 3 legs loose (and it was wrapped in plastic!)
-black picture frame
-curio cabinet front edge
-piano front edge (plus there was a ton of what looked like sawdust when I removed the plastic wrapping)

Issues:
-several large items that weren’t mine were included in storage and move: why was I charged for storage space and moving (loading/unloading) time for large items that were not mine.
-who exactly moved my belongings into storage?

We are so sorry to hear about your bad experience. We understand your disappointment and we would like to make things right for you.
Please get in touch with us and we will do everything to ensure you’re happy with how things turn out. Please call our office - 416.752.3254 - and ask to speak with Moussa or Tiam.
Thank you so much for the feedback! While we are not happy to know that our customers are not pleased with the services they pay for, these reviews help us improve.

Laura
Laura

Residential Move

THE WORST!!! Movers were inexperienced, didn’t listen to instructions or take advice. All below damage could’ve been avoided. Left a couch outside all night at new address - couldn’t get it in modern, sliding doors. My husband & friend did it the next day, and they’re not “professionals”. Sent an email of complaint with pics of damage over two weeks ago. No one responded. Followed up with a call the next week - was assured a follow up that day - nothing again. We had to hire another truck ourselves and fix & repaint at the old address. Total headache - I’m amazed they’ve won awards.

Hi, we already posted a reply to your review on Google, but we are leaving it here, as well.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

move

pierre and dalveer were great and helpful during the move from the storage unit to my place. it was great service and very fast and i apreciate their help quite a bit.

Thank you so much for your review and for recommending us! Reviews like yours really help us increase our client base in an organic, healthy way. Thanks for taking some minutes to write these down, in order to help future customers figure out what to expect from a move with Let’s Get Moving!

It is always a pleasure to work for people who take the time to appreciate the quality and professionalism of the services they pay for. Every review we get helps us to improve our services, as well as shows prospective customers that Let's Get Moving is a moving company that can be trusted to take the utmost care of their belongings.

Please keep us in mind the next time you are planning a move, we would be happy to meet again!
Stay safe!
Let’s Get Moving

Debbie
Debbie

GREAT EXPERIENCE

We had an office move. We were very happy with the service and the two movers were kind, considerate and very efficient. We were moved within a few hours with no complaints. We added a second location and this was done with no arguments. We were very impressed with Let's Get Moving experience. Thank you!

Thank you so much for your review!

It is always a pleasure to work for people who take the time to appreciate the quality and professionalism of the services they pay for. Every review we get helps us improve our services, as well as shows prospective customers that Let's Get Moving is a moving company that can be trusted to take the utmost care of their belongings.
Your stars are also very much welcome and appreciated.
Next time you move, hope we will be your choice as movers! :)
Until then, take care and stay safe!
Let’s Get Moving

Michele in Toronto
Michele in Toronto
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Damaged piano - unresponsive

I hired them for a move into storage the first time and they were quick, however, a few of my items were dropped and one was a piano. This dropped piano was wrapped and stored in the unit. When I hired them a second time for my move from storage to a condo, I discovered the damage and had emailed the operations manager several times about their policy and the damage and have received no replies on the matter. It seems that the customer service on following up to book their services is attentive, but once you pay and complete the service, they want nothing to do with you. Especially if there was damage to my item. The first movers I had wore a mask while entering my house; the second movers (all three of them) did not wear any masks while entering the building/while working. Will not be using them again, despite them being quick (only positive I can say).

Very dissapointed

They said they would send 3 movers, they sent 2.
They charge you $100 as an initial deposit fee, which they claim they'll subtract from your total payment. They kept the $100.
Their movers put a hole in my wall.
They claim they'll send you Amazon gift cards via their referral system, which isn't true.
They don't respond to your inquiries when you email them.

Overall a very disappointing experience.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Move

Pierre and TJ did such a fantastic job with our move. We are so happy that they took the time and made sure everything was properly loaded and unloaded. Great job boys!

Thank you so much for your review and the ten stars, on behalf of the entire team at Let's Get Moving! :)
We are very glad to hear everything about your move went smoothly and you are pleased with our services and with how our crew handled the move. We know perfectly well how stressful moves can get and we do everything in our hands to ensure our customers are relaxed during their moves. This is so important when it comes to the success of a residential move!...
We are proud to say our team consists of such efficient, professional, and respectful men. You surely noticed this already. They treat every single item as if they were their own, always careful. It is so nice to have customers like you appreciating their work and saying such beautiful things about them! We hoped our crew made you feel secure throughout the entire move!

Stay safe and we hope to meet you again! :)
Let's Get Moving

More about Let's Get Moving

The brave men in our moving crews are still out there in the front line, working hard and efficient for people who need to move.
We are taking extra precautions for their safety and the safety of our customers.
We keep the recommended distance from our customers, we use masks and gloves for protection, and we permanently sanitize our hands and the surfaces we touch.
---
At Let's Get Moving, we strive to offer a reliable and efficient moving and packing service at updated cost so that we can meet and exceed our customer’s expectations.
We have a motivated team of friendly, uniformed professionals with safe transportation to ensure the safety of your personal belongings.
---