Tar And Chip Ottawa

Reviews for Tar And Chip Ottawa

Eileen Rawlings
Eileen Rawlings
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Paid in full, job was never finished!

They did a terrible job that started in 2016, they never finished it even though they said they would. Now they ignore my calls. I wish I could fix this mess.

Zeina in Toronto
Zeina in Toronto

Interlock

Fantastic and professional work.
Interlock driveway looks beautiful and extended.

Moustafa, the representative, was very friendly and helpful, and did his best to answer any questions we had and to make sure everything was fine.
The start of the renovation was quick but the whole process was a bit lengthy, but only because of poor weather conditions, other than that they worked very fast and efficiently , we were very satisfied with the work done. Would recommend

PermaPave
PermaPave

Driveway and sidewalk replacement

TAC Ottawa replaced our driveway (asphalt) with their purepave product. They also replaced our sidewalk with some pavers and extended some concrete retaining walls. Our driveway has two parts - one part slopes up to the house; the other slopes down to the garage. The final product exceeded all expectations. High quality installation. Great attention to detail. It was a pleasure to have the TAC team around our house. Good people. Purepave should be the future for driveways. It is a great look. You have lots (maybe too much) choice on colour. The permeable dimension was critical selling point for us - with a downward sloping driveway we need to pay close attention to drainage. With our previous asphalt driveway we invested significant resources in a driveway water drain, heat coil, sink hole and sump pump. To my knowledge, there is no better driveway product on the market than purepave.

Ed in Finch
Ed in Finch
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

A long road to satisfaction.

Update 03/14/2022

The owner has reached out to me and has agreed to to what is necessary to fix the any/all problems with my install. I am hopeful the issues will finally be addressed correctly. I have updated my review as a result of his communication and will provide a full updated review when the the job is completed.

Update 06/01/2022

As promised, work was performed to improve the integrity and look of the driveway. Unfortunately it rained shortly after and some of that work was lost. Owner has been communicative and accommodating and has agreed to come back and redo it again. I expect this next service to finally complete the driveway to my satisfaction.

Review has 1 previous version
Susan  in Ottawa
Susan in Ottawa
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Bad installation, bad service, bad warranty

Installed last summer. Had steps and walkway done. Service was great up until I complained that the stairs looked completely awful. False sales pitch that they knew what they were doing. The installation was shawdy. Used a rubber edging that would come off with first shoveling, could see screws, uneven. Just awful. Had them remove the steps work and battled for a refund. Kept the walkway bse it looked good.
Now its post winter and we see soil and salt stains on the walkway so we pull out the pressure washer just as they told us and a lo and behold....no difference. Still soil and salt marks. I email them....no reply!

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Pure pave driveway replacement

I had my driveway replaced late in the fall of 2020. Service was good from both the sales end as well as the crew. People often stop and look at the driveway and I feel that it definitely increases curb appeal.

Bex in Ottawa
Bex in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Old Ottawa South Driveway

Tar and Chip Ottawa came highly recommended and delivered a great product and excellent service. Alan and Sanad were very knowledgeable and went the extra mile to make sure everything was properly applied and graded on our shared and challenging lot.
I am an architect and will definitely be looking for opportunities to use both the product and team again!

Michèle in Brampton
Michèle in Brampton
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Paving driveway and front walk

We highly recommend Tar and Chip Ottawa, our driveway and front walk were completely redone and also extended in October 2020 and we are extremely pleased. We were looking for an alternative to asphalt paving which cracks, heaves, needs yearly sealing and interlocking stones which tend to heave and attracts weeds. The multi-red granite “Purepave” paving looks superb and is porous, anti-slip and does not heave or crack. It is maintenance free and comes with a 10 yr warranty. Many of our neighbours stopped by and told us how beautiful our new driveway looked. I wish to thank Alan Sainsbury for his exact estimate and recommendations, Teresa Dubé for her quick reply to emails and their crew for a great job.

Glenn McDougall from Gloucester
Glenn McDougall from Gloucester
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Driveway Replacement

Professionalism, Quality, Congenial Communication

We contracted with TAC Ottawa to redo our driveway with their revolutionary new PurePave technology. The product utilizes an environmentally friendly material that drains water effectively. The surface is comes in many different colours, will not crack from the thaw/freeze cycle in Canadian winters and the curb appeal is fantastic. Strongly recommend this product and TAC Ottawa to install it for you..

Serge in Toronto
Serge in Toronto

Warranty not favored

After a year a few cracks appeared on the driveway and also stones started to be missing from the surface after winter. All this should be covered with warranty. I was promised repairs in fall 2018, however, the season ended early, so they moved me to spring 2019. Now it's September 2019 and they never came back. They no longer respond to emails or return the calls

Edit: the repairs finally took place in October 2019. They also put a new layer of finish to protect the stones from falling out from the surface, which were quite noticeable after 3-4 years of having the driveway. Now the driveway looks much better.

Looking for Paving Contractors pros in Ottawa?