Stone Contractors Group

Reviews for Stone Contractors Group

Hateibe in Toronto
Hateibe in Toronto

Chimney Masonry repair

From the inspection process to the work actually being done, everyone at Stone Contractors Group was a real professional.

Stone Contractors Group team were very friendly, courteous and impeccable at their skill. –Just really lovely people!!

Their work was immaculate and the chimney looks brand new. They also left the site in spic span condition upon their departure.

I can't thank them enough!!

Was a pleasure working for you , chimney is safe and ready for winter.

Richard
Richard

Shoddy Work. No response for one year. Then no show for repairs.

In late 2019 we hired the company to do concrete & brick work. Six months later, their work was failing. We contacted them by phone and email, on numerous occasions, but they did not respond. We continued trying to contact them throughout 2020 and into 2021. In April 2021 the President/CEO called back and was indignant with us, claiming that COVID was to blame that the repairs weren’t done within that 1 year, even though construction was shut down for a very short time. He assured us that they would be out as soon as the lockdown was lifted for construction. We emailed during the summer and were told that they would be out in August. After that date came and went, we emailed again and were told that the President/CEO was injured and that they could not come out until late fall to do the repairs. We emailed in September asking that their workers do the repairs before the weather turns, but no reply. We paid a lot of money for the work which should have lasted more than 6 months.

I contact you before , I explain the situation about delays on projects regarding the Covid plus I got delay with all the projects , I will keep my responsibilities and do your repairs upon I get updated with all my clients projects. Your project is not unsafe and is just rust stains on the concrete that need to be done , I did inspection and assessment for your repairs. I'm not the only one on delays with projects and this kind of situation , you need to be patient and stop doing this kind of reviews trying to destroy business reputation.

Kenneth in Toronto
Kenneth in Toronto

Wooden Beams And Brick Post Replacement

Had a brick post and wooden beams supporting a deck replaced. I called many places and this was the only company that was professional. They conducted the work in the time they told me, kept my driveway and garage clean as well. The did a great job. I would recommend this company.

I'm very happy that the beam issues was resolve and now you are able to enjoy your deck area with your family and no more safety structure issues.

Erika in Toronto
Erika in Toronto

Stone Skirting

Fast, professional and cleaned up after themselves. Plus top notch workmanship. Everything you could ask for in a contractor. I would not hesitate whatsoever to recommend to others. Thanks to workmanships.

Was pleasure working for you

Teresa in Toronto
Teresa in Toronto

Front Porch Concrete Steps

Thanks Stone Contractors Group for a fantastic job repairing and fixing our front porch concrete steps. The porch needed to be fixed and we called Stone Contractors Group to do the job. The team were patient, considerate, understanding, and professional with answering any questions we had pertaining to repairing the front porch steps. They made sure that the work met our satisfaction and expectations. We are very pleased with the work Stone Contractors Group did. Thank you Stone Contractors Group to a job well done!

Your porch and steps look amazing , I'm very happy with the final results , stone colour perfect match for your house , thanks for the review

Arline in Toronto
Arline in Toronto

Brick Work.

I receive calls within 24 hrs for a quote. Very fast response. The next day the team start working and done it within 3 days. Very satisfied. Thanks a lot.

Big pleasure working for you thanks for the review
Best regards Carlo Gil

Zulma in Toronto
Zulma in Toronto

Brick Parging

Amazing work from beggining to finish. Very professional, punctual and clean work. Also wear masks and maintain physical distance. Very good communication. Overall highly recommended. Thanks a lot and Very satisfied.

Was pleasure working for you
Best regards Carlo

PamValentine
PamValentine

Driveway work

Carlo and his team replaced our front porch in early 2020, before the pandemic hit and everything was shut down. Carlo was very good to work with, and we were very pleased with the result. We called Carlo again in late spring to do some repair work on our driveway and planned a date to do the work in August. We signed a contract and paid a deposit of $8300. No team showed up in August, and when we eventually contacted Carlo about the delay, he said Covid and shortages of workers had prevented him being able to do it, and promised it would be done in the spring. We heard nothing more after that, no date of when they would be coming etc. In the meantime, we put our house up for sale, so asked Carlo for our deposit back. He responded promptly saying he would repay us within a couple of weeks. That was early April and we’ve heard nothing since. I’ve sent
a couple of messages, but no response. Very disappointing, and I cannot recommend Carlo and Stone Contractors.

Update: After this review was posted, I heard from Carlo, and it seemed we got things worked out. Our daughter purchased our house, so he agreed to come and do some work equivalent to the value of the deposit. It would be done before the end of August. I gave him my daughters information so he could be in touch with her, but she heard nothing. In the meantime, I removed this review as Carlo requested, believing he would honour his word and do the work. I Contacted him again in September wondering what was going on, and he said he’d been injured and needed surgery, but would come around the next week to bring samples by. No show. And no word from him either. After sending another text, to either do the work or repay the deposit, Carlo finally said
he would repay the deposit in instalments, by etransfer, within the month. That was October, and to date, we haven’t received one payment. After contacting him yet again at the beginning of November, with yet another excuse as to why nothing had been sent, he said he’d send the first instalment the very next week and then let me know when the next one would be sent. It’s now 3 weeks later and we’ve seen nothing. We feel totally frustrated. At first we thought Carlo might have really been struggling through the pandemic, but when he let us know in the summer that he’d bought property in cottage country during that time, with plans to build a large cottage with guest house, we realized that wasn’t the case.
Carlo hasnt
dealt with honesty and
integrity. We cannot recommend Stone Contractors.

Pam I just saw your review on home stars , I left you 2 voicemails regarding to do the project for your daughter and schedule the project for arrange meeting for the details , you never call , I was thinking you out of town , please call me , this review is not fair for me and my business, as I always reply to all texts and emails. Thanks

Pam good morning , I send you before one payment and you never reply , I'm sure I send to the proper email address , on my side is showing that you never deposit the etransfer , now you come up again with all this stuff on another review and bringing my private life to this matter, don't mix private life to business issues. You sold the house to your daughter, you did other changes from original contract , I buy the materials and after because you sold the house to your daughter you said that she don't want to do the project anymore , after that I was stuck with all the materials and until today I'm trying to sale the materials to get the money back , plus I never refuse to pay your deposit. You need to understand that you cancel the contract and after you come up just for me to do some work on the deposit value. If you want contact me by text or email to resolve this issue and send me the proper email address.
Regards

Plus really appreciate if you deal with this review as a business matter and don't bring my private life to this issue , all this that is happening is because of you that cancel the contract under your name and your property, before you sold the house to your daughter you supposed to take the responsibility of all the contracts against your property and your name , not after you sold the property and cancel the contract , I'm sure you are aware is always charges for materials , bookings and fees , if you don't remove this review consider a legal matter at this moment I need to go against your property that I have your contract sign and I need to start dealing with your daughter not you. Let's get all this resolve on the best way and on the business route , don't bring my private life to public , this is a business matter. I will be waiting for your response

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Front steps and landing

We hired Stone Contractors Group last summer for a complete redo of our front steps and landing. Carlo is extremely knowledgable and made sure everything was done properly. We are thrilled with the outcome and still receive compliments to this day. Every time I walk up the steps to my front door I feel happy. :)

Was pleasure working for you , very happy that you love your stone steps. From all the team at Stone Contractors Group Inc.

Paul D
Paul D

Front stairs replacement, garage concrete floor replacement

COVID times are difficult. Nobody is available, nobody has people, nobody has supplies of our choice. However, Carlo and his team delivered beyond expected - within reasonable time given situation. I needed new garage floor - lots of digging and new concrete. Also, complete rebuild of front stairs from scratch. Beyond expected means Carlo provided not just execution but also advices to be efficient and yet very good looking. Complete satisfaction. Would hire again? As a matter of fact, just signed another contract with Carlo and his team for a major stone job.

Paul , very much appreciated the review, was big pleasure working for you and your wife on this amazing project. See you on spring for another amazing project, your house will be the best on your st , I love the design, very excited for the starting date. Thanks , Carlo

More about Stone Contractors Group

Stone contractors group has a proven track record of excellence in designing and managing several residential construction projects in the Greater Toronto area, including historic restoration, stone and brick pointing, and any other masonry services project. No matter the size of your project, our experienced professional masons at Stone Contractors Group will plan, design, construct, and maintain your masonry restoration project and repairs across Toronto and Mississauga including all the GTA

***

Effective planning is crucial to the successful completion of any masonry or historic restoration project we perform, including all brick restoration work and stone restoration work in the Toronto area and Mississauga area.

***

Before starting the project, our team of experts will first assess your goals. Then we provide you with an estimate and timeline for completion. From beginning to end, you will be involved every step of the way with full-service, qualified masons who are highly skilled brick pointers and historic renovators who have countless jobs under their belt.

Our Services Include:

Repairs
Restorations
Brick restorations
Stone wall restorations
Stone step repairs and builds
Stone step and walkway restorations

We Will Build:
Gateposts
Stone Houses
Stone Porch
Stone Retaining Walls

Some of the Restoration jobs we completed are:
Stone Walls & Restoration