Enterprise Garage Doors

Garage Doors & Hardware
Whitby ON L1P 1W3

HomeStars  >  Garage Doors & Hardware in Whitby  >  Enterprise Garage Doors  >  Double Garage Door Replacement, Install and subsequent repairs
David
David
1 review Ajax, ON

Double Garage Door Replacement, Install and subsequent repairs

Hi there - company and its principal Kevin came recommended to me via neighbors as well as reading company reviews via HomeStars.
Project was to supply and install 2 brand new garage doors for my main residence. Project quoted August 2021 and doors installed along with own supplied garage door opener December 2021. Standard residential garage doors with installation of garage door opener.

---It is important to note that I park my car in the garage. There have been several instances in the neighborhood where cars are broken into and I wish to keep my vehicle and personal possessions secure.

---Problem #1: Upon installation I paid for the work with Kevin thinking that all was settled. It was nearing evening time and I could not see at that time that light was severely leaking into my garage. It was incredibly noticeable the next day as was bright outside, and as a result air was also leaking in. My bedroom is above the garage doors and it was noticeably colder the next morning. I immediately called Kevin to please repair or rejig the doors so to not have air and light leakage. Safe to say this process went on for well over 2 months of phone calls, texts messages, and promises to show up the next day. Kevin finally arrived Mid Feb 2022 to repair, albeit there is still light leaking through.

---Problem #2 on or about April 7th 2022 - we backed out of the garage on our way to the hospital with our newborn. Upon closing the garage door it immediately was stuck and upon further inspection the cables have come loose and were wrapped. I called Kevin immediately to see if he can come fix this today as I need access to my garage. I managed to unhook the cables to the garage and close the garage door. Kevin advised that he would be back same day after our appointment. In the afternoon I called again after I returned from the Dr and no response. A text message followed and no response. The next day I got ahold of Kevin and he came to repair. Repair was completed, though I left my car outside as a just in case. At 5pm when I was opened the garage door from the inside to run an errand the issue persisted and wires were tangled. Leaving my car outside was a blessing, in that if I didn't leave it outside I would not be able to open the garage door and use my vehicle.

---I again called Kevin to have this repaired and his response to me is "what did you do to have this happen..." , with my reply was that I didn't do anything, nor would I as garage door repair is not my area of expertise and would request to have a deeper look at this.

---This problem #2 has been going on now for almost 3 weeks. I have called, left voicemails, texted, on an almost daily basis- records to show this as well. Some calls and texts were answered, though I would estimate only 25 % of the time. For the most part Kevin would advise that he would be there the next day or the day after at a specific time, though every time that date/time comes he is a no show. I call and text thereafter and no reply. 3 weeks have passed and I don't have garage door repaired, and no access.

---I do note that as part of the service package that the installation is warrantied for 5 years - invoice to show as well.

---At this juncture I have lost whatever faith I have in this company to adhere to their warranty claims. I am seeking outside professional support to correct the work as I am not getting any responses back from Kevin for now 5 days (noted have called and texted almost every day).

---I advised Kevin with this issue with the garage doors from the get go and to be repaired as my new born is special needs and we have several Dr's appointments to attend to. I do not have the time or energy to chase Kevin any longer. I advised Kevin that my newborn requires significant attention and to take some load off of my wife whom is healing and having a difficult time. While Kevin was sympathetic to this, sadly nothing has been corrected since.

---In short, I am completely and utterly dissatisfied with the work performed, the subsequent and continuous follow up for repairs and simple maintenance. Issues like this should not arise so new into the job and I fear that this was a poor install and I may have to lay out additional funds to an outside company to have this repaired which would be out of pocket for me given that Kevin does not wish to honor his warranty commitments.

--Photos are attached for review.

--Invoice can be provided to show payment made in full.

David La Vista