Amplify Masonry

Reviews for Amplify Masonry

Saidy in Toronto
Saidy in Toronto

Brickwork

The bricks outside our home in certain areas were crumbling. We only noticed this shortly after we moved in and within a year I’ve gotten so much worse. Even through Covid, Gam communicated and was transparent throughout. Even though it took a little bit more time because of product delays And so on, it got done and we could not be happier. Chris and his team were efficient, cleanly.

spike
spike

Clearing concrete from flagstone staircase

Gam was responsible, careful, helpful, and fair. He explained the steps clearly before and during the job, and provided useful tips for proper maintenance afterwards. The job was a tricky one too, and no other company I contacted was willing to do it. Gam was willing and was great.

Fayaz
Fayaz

Terrible Experience and Result

In October 2018, I hired Amplify to reconstruct our crumbling front porch. Gam, our project manager, arranged for a contractor to form, pour and parge new concrete landings and steps. The workmanship was poor. A number of treads weren’t level or sloped correctly, the edges of the landings weren’t straight and the finish was rough and, frankly, sloppy. Added to this, the driveway and interlocking were damaged by the work. I complained to Gam and after a long delay, the contractor returned to discuss how to fix the problems. However, he ended up quitting the job. Because it was by then too late in the season to do the work, I arranged with Gam to have the porch resurfaced and cleanup completed in the spring of 2019.

After the first winter, the porch was discoloured and had spalled badly. I reconnected with Gam in the spring of 2019 and he arranged to have a mason resurface the porch and clean the interlocking. I was still disappointed by the finish, especially after the sealer had been applied. Also, the interlocking was tarnished after acid washing and the driveway was never repaired. However, the structure of the steps had been improved (edges were sharper and no ponding) so I decided to live with the result.

However, this year, the porch once again did not survive the winter intact. There was more spalling and cracks in multiple places. I got in touch once again--this time with Gevoni--to get the porch repaired. I was told that the form would be improved and that the porch would finally be given a proper finish. Nearly three months later, a contractor has attended once to correct the form and patch cracks. Many promises (and excuses) have been made but the spalled surface and ugly finish remains. Our experience with Amplify has been horrible. Do yourself a favour and avoid this company at all costs.

Greg in Pickering
Greg in Pickering

Install Steel Lintel and brick pointing

I hired Amplify to add a steel lintel across several joists in my basement, after a bad experience with a window company that poorly installed an egress window; and to do some brick pointing on one exterior wall.

I made arrangements with Gam and after some scheduling issues, Nick showed up and started to work right away. He is extremely professional and did a great job on the brick pointing, but I was super impressed with his work on the lintel. The wall had to be ground just below the sill plate, so the lintel could slide into place. It was very tight, precise work and Nick did a great job. I would definitely hire them again.

Susan
Susan

Exterior brick replacement, 2nd storey (water damaged brick), and concrete/parging repair on house foundation

After searching online, and seeing their website, I contacted Amplify Masonry in the Fall of 2019 to have 2 masonry repairs done to my house; brick replacement on the 2nd storey under a window (facing of the brick was flaking off due to water damage), as well as concrete and parging repair to the house foundation (corners of the concrete were cracking and flaking, and 1 corner actually had fallen off). Fall is a busy time and the weather can be unpredictable but Amplify Masonry fit my last minute job into their schedule and promised to get it done before the weather turned, and they did. The new brick work was beautifully done. The new brick colour was matched perfectly to the existing brick and is very neat and tidy. For the concrete repair, they reinforced the concrete corner with re-bar then did the parging over top. The new concrete is stronger than the original and the parged finish is also an excellent colour match. Not only was all the work expertly and professionally done but the level of customer service -from everyone involved- was outstanding. Not only did the masons do excellent work but they were a pleasure to deal with. They truly cared about doing a great job. The work exceeded all my expectations. I am very impressed and can highly recommend Amplify Masonry. I wouldn't consider hiring anyone else.

Raff
Raff
3 reviews Bond Head, ON

Chimney Repair

The chimney at our place is really exposed to the elements. With that, the bricks were deteriorating and crumbling. Amplify quickly assessed the problem, matched my discontinued brick and restored the chimney like new. Gevoni and Keith were a pleasure to deal with. I will definitely give them a call again.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on the chimney brick repair project we completed for you. It was a pleasure dealing with you and was happy to hear from you a year after our intial conversation. Our crew enjoyed working on your project. We hope to hear from you soon!

dobber in Pickering, Ontario Canada L1V3M9
dobber in Pickering, Ontario Canada L1V3M9
3 reviews Pickering, ON

Very Professional

They repaired my chimney and the brick under the bay window. Gam provided the lowest quote, and the work was done thoroughly. Looks great! His staff were very friendly and professional. And Gam even helped provide me with a statement on the condition of the brick for my insurance company, long after the work was done and paid for. He certainly didn't have to.
He responds right away to texts and emails, there is really nothing more you would want from a contracted mason. Would definitely rehire.

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your brick chimney in Toronto quote. we will be sure to pass on the kind words to your project manager.

BBD in Toronto
BBD in Toronto

Mason work - replace bricks and tuck pointing

I had crumbling bricks and stonework to be done on the side of my house. Also needed to have my porch re-cemented together with sealing around the the house where the pavement joined the brick. Very pleased with the completed project. Amplify Masonry did an excellent Job Very good communication from Gam. I will work with them again if necessary. Amplify Masony are professional and efficient. I highly recommend them for your masonry work.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad you are happy with our work. It was a pleasure dealing with you.

Stephen in Toronto
Stephen in Toronto

Quick turn around on small repointing job

I requested a quote from Amplify Masonry for a small repointing job via their website. They assessed the photo I provided and called back to discuss my options. Turn around time on getting someone out was extremely quick. They were efficient and thorough in their work and also patiently explained what I was seeing and why. I'll definitely be getting Amplify Masonry back for any further masonry work I need done in the future.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It was a pleasure working with you and we are pleased with how everything turned out. We look forward to assisting you in any future work.

Jesse
Jesse
2 reviews , ON

Masonry repairs

I removed my rough-in bricked fireplace structure. To my surprise there were bricks missing. Called Gevoni. Had a quote in minutes. He sent Matt out next day. Matt was very nice and did a great job. Very happy with the work and the fast response. Thank you!

Thank you Jesse for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate it! very glad we could come out on such short notice but always happy to help clients with their brick repair needs across Toronto and the GTA. looking forward to hearing from you in the future for masonry related question or projects.

More about Amplify Masonry

Amplify Masonry Contracting provides Masonry Services for Brick Repair, Chimney Repair, Tuckpointing, Custom Homes, Additions, Renovations & Brick Repair. With an unmatching 2-5 year warranty we take the worry out of masonry contracting services. Contact us today to find out how we can help you on your next masonry project ...
Looking for Masonry & Bricklaying pros in Markham?