Chimney Build & Repair
609 3391 bloor street west Etobicoke Toronto ON M8X 1G3

Best of the Best '22
Best of Award '22 winner 5 timesBest of the Best '22 Best of Award '22winner 5 times

Reviews for NF Masonry

Michael C in Richmond Hill
Michael C in Richmond Hill

Would definitely use NF Masonry again

Niall and the crew were an absolute pleasure to work with! Living in a house that is 112 years old, we knew that we needed to re-do our chimney, which was basically just old mortar, broken bricks, etc. It was a big job with 1,404 bricks in the stack.

Niall gave us a very reasonable cost for the job and, over a 5-day period, got the scaffolding up, chimney down, and the new chimney up with absolutely no interruption to our daily lives.

The job site was immaculate, daily. The brick selection was a perfect match for the old brick on the rest of the house. The quality of the work is spectacular and Niall kept us right on budget.

He and his team are a pleasure to work with, coordinating all activities of the job and left nary a trace of their presence when the job was done.

We would be very happy to work with Niall and his team again on any future masonry projects.

Thank you, Niall, Carlton, and team, for the outstanding job. We can now enjoy many roaring fires over the coming winter.

Best,
Michael and Sonya

Michael & Sonya

The pleasure was all mine working for you guys. I’m really glad your happy with the job and thank you for the great review.
Enjoy your nights by the fire.

Peter  from Etobicoke
Peter from Etobicoke

Chimney Repair

Big thanks to Niall and his crew from NF Masonry. His price was fair and did a great job repairing our chimney. Niall is very professional, shows up on time and does excellent masonry job. He is trusworthy, honest, and takes pride in his work. I highly recommend Niall and his company NF Masonry.

Peter

It was a pleasure working for you, you've got a beautiful house and a brand new chimney to go with it.

Jason
Jason

Chimney Removal

My chimney needed to be dismantled due to risk of leakage and with no further practical use. Consulted NF Masonry via Homestars for the job. Niall provided an estimate upon initial review and returned to complete the work. The chimney was dismantled successfully to the roof line and capped with a concrete cap. The place was cleaned up upon completion of the work. Highly recommend NF Masonry.

Thanks for the review Jason
Glad your happy with the job
All the best ...

Tariq
Tariq

Chimney Repair

My chimney required a much needed repair. I found NF Masonry on HomeStars website and Niall was quick to respond. Niall was very professional, knowledgeable and courteous. He knew exactly what to repair and offered a great solution. He was to the point and did not try to oversell. I will sure recommend him to my friends and family.

Hi Tariq
I'm glad your happy with the job, thanks for the great review!...

Eenaka,
Eenaka,

Masonary block work for garage.

Niall was hired as a subcontractor to complete masonry for the garage. He was pleasant to work with, timely and reasonably priced. We were very happy with his work.

Hi Eenaka

It was a pleasure working for you, i hope you enjoy your new garage.
Thanks for the review!!

lindsay
lindsay

Brick parging

Great to work with! Fast to respond, gave clear and helpful answers, were on time and had a great attitude. Have already shared their contact info with my neighbour. Highly recommend.

Hi Lindsay

Thanks for the great review, much appreciated It was a pleasure working for you and thanks for sharing my contact information with you're neighbour.

Maysam
Maysam

Front porch stone replacement and new stone front steps

Niall is very professional and highly skilled, he clearly loves his craft, he completed the work within the agreed timeframe and left my home looking as if he were never there.
He did an incredible job replacing damaged stone from our porch and replacing it, it looks fantastic matches old stone work perfectly!
He also replaced the stone steps and rebuilt the foundation underneath.
I had gotten a few quotes and Niall to me was the best value he listened to me and explained what he was doing and why, I felt very confident and comfortable working with Niall and I have recommended him to my family and friends.

Hi Maysam

It was a pleasure to work for you. I am very happy you are satisfied with my work, looking forward to working with you again.

mark
mark

Chimney rebuild

Fast on time, on budget great clean up Exceelent communication professional workers, ensured we were satisfied before they left

Thanks mark

Thanks for the review, it was a pleasure working for you!

Thanks Niall

BAlram in Toronto
BAlram in Toronto

Chimney

The agreement was for him to complete the work on a specific Saturday on an agreed price.
The materials needed for the project was delivered on Friday i.e. the day before work was scheduled to be done.
Work started on Saturday around 8 a.m. as was agreed to.
Project was completed Saturday afternoon and to my satisfaction.
Conclusion - work was done and price was paid as agreed upon. Contractor is friendly and does an efficient job

Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

Thank you Balram it was a pleasure working for you.
I'm glad you're happy with the job.

I'll be looking out for Dave Allen tonight :-)

Rick
Rick

Stone Stairs Rebuild and Repair, Chimney Tuck Pointing

Niall from NF Masonry is a very reliable, professional contractor. He's an excellent mason. The quality of his work is reflected in outstanding results. We first contracted Niall last year to tuck point our chimney and put a new cap on it. We did a lot of research with respect to the correct process. It can be done with good results but you must remove the existing mortar to at least 2" deep. This requires a lot of grinding. When I asked him how he would do this job his response was text book and followed the exact process we had researched. The result is fantastic. Fast forward to this month. We called Niall again to quote repairing and rebuilding 3 sets of outdoor stone steps. In some cases they had heaved badly from the freeze/thaw cycle over the last couple of winters. Once again Niall came when he said he would, we agreed on a price (very reasonable). We discussed the process and he fully explained what would likely need to be done. He gave me a date and the rest is as expected. He completely disassembled the steps, was carefull not to break the stones so they could be reset, pulled out all the deteriorated base down to solid material, rebuilt the base and then replaced and pointed all the stone. The workmanship is total quality (no short cuts or sub par work). It's obvious he takes pride in producing quality results. He also noticed a couple of issues that we didn't discuss and fixed them anyway at no charge.

Sorry for long winded review but this contractor is worth the lengthy review. I would highly recommend NF Masonry to anyone looking for a quality result done right.

Rick thank you for the review, I was a pleasure working for you and I'm glad your happy with the job!!

More about NF Masonry

NF Masonry

Niall comes with over 25 years in expertise in Irish Traditional Stone Masonry as well as other masonry styles. Niall's commitment excellence is unsurpassed,thanks to his strong work ethic, attention to detail and dedication to his craft. Niall's commitment to work closely with his customers to provide quality workmanship and exceptional service. customer service is not transactional and instead is built on rapport and trust.

Please call Niall today to learn what is possible.