Maple Leaf Construction

Toronto ON M5E 1W5
Maple Leaf Construction

Reviews for Maple Leaf Construction

Chris

Main house beam and joist replacement, foundation waterproofing

MLC assisted with replacing the main beam and all west side joists of our East York bungalow. In addition, they waterproofed the west side exterior foundation to mitigate any further ingression. Jason and his team, and Chris and the staff, were excellent in keeping us informed on the status of job, any delays due to material delays, etc. Jason's crew (both on interior and exterior work) were professional, courteous, respecting the property and neighbors during their work. Job site was left clean and tidy at the end of every day. They were also very accommodating expanding the scope of work when additional remediation was required.

emilyp in Toronto
emilyp in Toronto

Basement underpinning and waterproofing

We have an old bungalow and wanted to lower the basement and make the footings wider to support a 2nd floor eventually. The finished ceiling height before the project was just under 6 feet. It's now 8'5".

Chris, Jason and the whole Maple Leaf crew were great to work with. The estimate was really clear and easy to understand so you knew exactly what you were getting, and Chris went through it in detail. He was also really helpful at answering all our questions since we didn't know very much about what to expect. We also opted for a dry pack underpin, and there are very few companies who do this in Toronto.

They were on schedule, and their cost didn't increase at any time. The crew are all really friendly and didn't mind us taking a look from time to time and asking questions. The inspectors and engineers were also really happy with the work and noted that it was a very clean and safe worksite. Our contractors who stepped in after the concrete was down also remarked at the quality and how level the floor was.

We would highly recommend them to anyone who wants to do any underpinning or waterproofing to their home.

Thank you Emily for your detailed review. Really appreciate you taking the time to share that experience. We are very happy with how your project went and even visited afterwards to see the finished stages it looks amazing! A great space for you to enjoy.

Stephanie.Nakitsas
Stephanie.Nakitsas

Reno after termite damage

I was so happy with the quality of work and the experience of working with Jason, Chris and everyone at Maple Leaf.

My house had pretty serious termite damage, and they worked to demolish and repair two rooms in the home and the back deck/back of the house.

They were so easy to communicate with, the work turned out exactly as I hoped and they were very respectful about covid protocols.

Hopefully the house won’t need more work but I would be happy to work with them again when it does!

Thank you very much Stephanie for this great review. Your project was not without some challenges but we are happy we were able to come through and make it right for you! We take great pride in our team's communication so thank you for sharing your experience with it.

Karin in Toronto
Karin in Toronto

Water leaking

Chris was very thorough in checking for possible water leak sites and suggested the least expensive option to fix the problem. He explained things very well and I trusted his judgment. I am very happy with the work done.

Thank you very much Karin for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy that we were able to help you find the best value to fix the problem you were facing.

Exterior Waterproofing

I was very happy with the work done. It was completed without any issues and we were even given a discount of the estimated quote when the project was completed ahead of schedule!

Thank you Adrianne and Scott, your project was a unique one with use needing to utilize 2 of your neighbours backyards to complete the work. They turned out to be amazing neighbours that were beyond accommodating which allowed us to complete the work ahead of our budgeted timeline. We were happy to pass these savings on to you!

Thank you for your kind review!

Jennifer R. from East York
Jennifer R. from East York

Basement Waterproofing

Maple Leaf Construction did a fantastic job on our basement waterproofing. They provided a detailed contract and even general information on the process. There was a one week delay in starting due to the frequent, heavy rains we experienced recently but they kept us informed and arrived on time.

The staff were all professional and kept the shared driveway very tidy over the 3 days of work. I was very impressed with the friendly and respectful way the staff interacted with each other. At the end of every work day they washed down the driveway and even the road where mud had washed down. Several neighbours commented on their keeping everything clean.

The job looks great and the basement has stayed dry even with a very heavy rainfall right after the job was completed. They will be coming back to finish off the surface when the soil settles in a few months.

I highly recommend this company.

Thank you Jennifer for sharing your experience. We are very pleased that we provided you with a 10 star experience. Our team takes great pride in maintaining a clean job site throughout the job and often leave that area cleaner than when we started! Looking forward to pouring the concrete for your shortly!

Darrach Flinter
Darrach Flinter

Waterproofing

Highly recommend Chris & Jason from Maple Leaf Construction. They have been awesome to deal with from day 1, always quick to respond, provided several options to be considerate of budget as well as being very consultative as to what & why of the various options. They maintained a very tidy work zone during the job and did not leave any mess. We opted to waterproof just the back corner of the house, but will get them back as we do more on the side. Very easy to deal with, and just both very nice, genuine guys.

Thank you Darrach! Appreciate you taking the time to share your experience for others to see. The team enjoyed working on your home and happy we were able to provide you with the solution you were looking for. Looking forward to returning and taking care of the rest of the property for you!

Victoria Robinson from Old Toronto
Victoria Robinson from Old Toronto

Porch Reconstruction

I don't think I have ever dealt with a more competent and pleasant company. The job was quoted late in the fall with a start date "in the spring". I received a follow-up in January to reassure me that the job would start as soon as the weather allowed. As spring approached, I received progressively more precise starting windows, and they actually began work the week I was told they would. Jason and his crew were incredible - polite, pleasant, steady workers who never left a mess. I received timely messages when there were weather delays, and the work was completed within the estimated time frame. The completed job was mainly structural, but in the end I got a lovely new gate to the area under the porch, and Jason was patient with my multiple redesigns.

Thank you Victoria for taking the time to leave such a great review of your experience! Our team is proud to provide pleasant service to all our clients. We feel that our communication throughout the process helps with that. it was our pleasure working with you and we are happy to hear that we provided another 10 star experience!

John in Mississauga
John in Mississauga

Outstanding Waterproofing work

I engaged Chris and Jason to do external waterproofing on my home. Their work was exceptional, they were tidy, provided terrific advice and were responsive from start to finish. I would hire them again in a heartbeat. Highly recommend.

Thank you John. It was a pleasure working with you. You were a 10 start client. Really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Scott
Scott

Garbage removal

The crew was on time, professional and efficient. Nice new equipment and completed the job within the budget. Would highly recommend Maple Leaf Bins.

More about Maple Leaf Construction

At Maple Leaf Construction we take great pride in giving your project the utmost care that it deserves. Whether it is demolition services, interior or exterior waterproofing, underpinning or restoration repairs, our team of professionals is here to help. Our jobsites are always kept organized in a clean and safe ...
Looking for Waterproofing pros in Toronto?